Letting go of someone you love Watch

wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok but maybe you will have a better piece of mind if you did speak to him!
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wednesburywench)
well maybe he regrets what he is done? give him a call, have a nice long chat about it, tell him its ok that he hurt you and you understand, he will feel better, you will feel better, just let it all out. That way you can move on from there on an both decide whether its best you keep in touch or not. Ignoring him forever probly isnt the way forward, you need to sort it out with him first. I felt much much better after me and Craig spoke about it on the phone, got our feelings out and we both knew where we stood.
I totally agree with this.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't have any advice because I'm useless with advice but like half the other people who replied to this thread I'm in a (slightly) similar situation and I know how awful it feels - we were together for about 15 months and I loved (well, love) him so much. I still see him pretty much every day though (colleges in the same town, same friends, etc), which hurts but at the same time I couldn't face not seeing him. We were originally going to get back together but thanks to me being a complete idiot that's out of the question for him now.

I know what you mean about losing your support network - he was the person I could talk to about everything and anything, and now everything just feels weird.

I should've posted this anonymous but I'm sure if he read it he'd guess it was me anyway.
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I'm not ignoring him because he hasn't been in touch, i'm just trying to get over him and being around him/talking to him on the phone all the time wouldn't help me right now.
i know it's hard.. but just to say i definitely think you're doing the right thing in having the willpower to keep some distance to let things cool things off.

making the mistake of not being able to keep breaks clean (too much discussing & analysing of the situation & both wallowing in how much it hurts you both & staying in a slightly more than just friends limbo blah blah blah) i think can ultimately make things much worse & mess up any potential chances of retaining friendship.

:hugs:
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
He did what he needed to do i don't think either of us doubt that. I'm not ignoring him because he hasn't been in touch, i'm just trying to get over him and being around him/talking to him on the phone all the time wouldn't help me right now.
You seem like a stronger person than I am.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
You seem like a stronger person than I am.
Only seem.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Only seem.
I'm the kind of person who will try and try and try, make a fool of myself, become even more upset that all I've done is make things worse and end up feeling bitter about the whole thing.

Thank god you're not like me.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
I'm the kind of person who will try and try and try, make a fool of myself, become even more upset that all I've done is make things worse and end up feeling bitter about the whole thing.

Thank god you're not like me.

I don't post everything i feel. I've been there. Probably will be in a few minutes it changes all the time. God i'm taking over H+R..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (30)
55.56%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
14.81%

Watched Threads