The Student Room Group

Is the Uni of Westminster's psychology conversion course any good?

Hi - Can anyone tell me how the University of Westminster's psychology conversion course is rated? It is now being offered as a MSc for the first time. Although the old Diploma version carried eligibility for GBC, the MSc doesn't seem to have it yet (although they have applied for it). Will this just be a rubber stamp?

I have been offered a place on the course and need to decide whether to take it. I have a young family and so my uni choices are limited to those I can easily reach. Having said that, I don't want to slog my guts out for a year and then find the qualification doesn't get me anywhere.

Has anyone got experience (esp postgraduate / conversion course experience) of psychology at Westminster? Does anyone know what the further study / job prospects might be at the end of a Westminster MSc? Are there any other conversion courses in or very near London that are considered to be better?

Any info very gratefully received!
Reply 1
Hi there,
Did you end up doing this course? I am in a similar situation and am looking at conversion courses in central London so am wondering if you could enlighten me at all?
Many thanks!
Reply 2
Hi there I am wondering if you ended up doing this course or perhaps found another? I am in a similar predicament and am looking at Psychology postgrad conversion courses in central London. Can you shed some light by any chance? Regards, Tammy.
I'm on the conversion course at westminster at the moment. It's great. There's some excellent teaching and the course is well regarded. Just to make you aware though , it's one of the more condensed courses. A lot of conversions take 18 months and you do the whole thing in a year here so it's incredibly intense, you have to be prepared to work very hard! The sign of a good conversion course is that you have to do a dissertation which is worth more than one module and you do at westminster, so I would recommend it as an option. Good luck!

Quick Reply