Failed IB Math HL Mock Watch

Angustevo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Had my HL math exam today, it was the May '11 TZ2 papers and I failed miserably. I know because I failed to answer more than 50% of the papers.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to only get 25-40% overall in these papers (I didn't do the options paper).

I'm so annoyed with myself, I was aiming for a 5 or possibly a 6. Do you guys/girls have any advice to ensure that I can aim for a 5 or 6 come May?

I'm so depressed at the moment!
GordonHo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well Im feeling like you too I just failed 3 subjects and im in IB 1 halfway through my year Well I think just do the best you can and don't spend all your time worrying and just study as much as you possibly can.
Angustevo
Rep:
?
Ahhh right I only failed maths, well you have a lot more time so I really wouldn't worry if I were you! I went up by a point or two since my last exams which were in June (except maths where I dropped from a 5 grr) and I passed all those exams...
Eastern
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Had my Maths mock today and failed, too. But I am not taking it too hard, rather I see it as an indication of my knowledge so far and the results will show what I need to concentrate my revision on, therefore I have done no preparation for mocks whatsoever. There is still time.
ecko1o1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angustevo)
Had my HL math exam today, it was the May '11 TZ2 papers and I failed miserably. I know because I failed to answer more than 50% of the papers.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to only get 25-40% overall in these papers (I didn't do the options paper).

I'm so annoyed with myself, I was aiming for a 5 or possibly a 6. Do you guys/girls have any advice to ensure that I can aim for a 5 or 6 come May?

I'm so depressed at the moment!
You shot yourself in the foot by taking the IB in the first place and by taking Maths HL when you clearly lacked the intellect required.
Enjoy your 3 or 4 in HL maths that will be considered a C or a D by British universities in the supposedly equivalent A-level Maths (despite the fact that 40% of A level maths students achieve A).
Angustevo
Rep:
?
No I disagree (you're reasoning failed you), I've done pretty well through the IB: got near full marks in all my coursework and AA in Core!!! Saying I lacked the intellect required is really jumping to conclusions.
Anyway, I'm not going to argue or try to annoy someone who doesn't know me. It's petty.
IBGirll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
40% of a level maths students get an A because alevels is pathetic. How you can only do 3 or 4 subjects I dont understand and then have such a large top band which reflects how easy every subject is. Enjoy getting to uni and having the shock of your lifetime while all the IB students are going through it well because unlike alevels IB is actually useful and actually prepares you for university. I apologise for my reply being as rude as it is but it angers me to see people put IB students down when I know how hard it is
Last edited by IBGirll; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (508)
26.54%
The paper was reasonable (829)
43.31%
Not feeling great about that exam (374)
19.54%
It was TERRIBLE (203)
10.61%

Watched Threads