Exactly...
Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -Blade-)
What is your view on this?
That you should shut up and let people work when they want.
completely random
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its true that leaving essays til late/starting early can produce good results either way - its happened to me plenty of times. Nowadays though, I have so much research and reading to do before even attempting a write up that it would be nigh-on impossible - I got away with it in my first year but now I couldn't - plus the risk, when everything depends on my degree classification, I can't do that, personally.

In answer to the OP, uni is supposed to be about working hard, playing hard. I give myself a free night after a particularly hard session and if I'm going home for the weekend I make sure everything is done - its all about simple organisation.
completely random
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its true that leaving essays til late/starting early can produce good results either way - its happened to me plenty of times. Nowadays though, I have so much research and reading to do before even attempting a write up that it would be nigh-on impossible - I got away with it in my first year but now I couldn't - plus the risk, when everything depends on my degree classification, I can't do that, personally.

In answer to the OP, uni is supposed to be about working hard, playing hard. That was the advice my parents gave to me the night before I left for uni. I give myself a free night after a particularly hard session of studying and if I'm going home for the weekend I make sure everything is done - its all about simple organisation.
-Blade-
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by SHHISSHH)
That you should shut up and let people work when they want.
Erm,

1) I did not come on here promoting a certain way of working, and trying to change the way other people work.

2) The original topic was intended to discuss the idea of doing more work when you are free, not HOW people work. But the topic changed to this comparison, and it has changed again to discuss plagiarism.

3) Next time you type crap, read the thread first. ******

:rolleyes:
monkeyaround
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've just changed my working habits this year, in the first and second years I would be one of those people working till the very last minute (although I never did any allnighters) and got average marks, this year I have made a decision to do it before and keep revising it, re-reading and re-working it and I'm getting the highest marks I ever have. I've just this afternoon finished a piece of work that has to be handed in on April 27th, but I've done it now because that's the day after my exams finish and I thought I'd want a break then, not having to be stressing over coursework.

I do not gloat and feel superior that I've finished my work unlike some people have been suggesting in this thread, I'm just planning my time.
Alan Smithee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Similary though, people gloat who finish their work late and get good marks.

It works both ways.

The syncretic approach is usually the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.61%
No (603)
72.39%

Watched Threads