Turn on thread page Beta

The Apprentice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but when if you watch "The Apprentice - You're Fired" whenever her name is first mentioned theres a sort of sheepish laughter, mainly to the image she conveys. Whether thats actually going to effect her chances of getting the job or not, I haven't a clue. Thats all I was saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    If ever you want proof that attractive people are more successful its blaringly obvious in the apprentice.
    So Karen...fired long ago - whats the explaination?

What you've said, inspite of its partial truth in the real world, really isn't showing in the Apprentice. Quite the contrary looking at,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperMoon)
    Well, to be fair, it's only people in internet forums who make comments on her appearance, mainly because it's a tv show, it's public and it's just another talking point.
    Where it matters, ie. in the boardroom, or in the actual show, Ruth's appearance hasn't really been an issue at all. I'm not sure Alan Sugar does have a reservation about Ruth due to her appearance, and nor would most employers.
    She doesn't actually look that bad, just compared to other dolly birds on tv she falls short of expectation where (possibly male) viewers are concerned.
    It's also worth remembering that Ruth sells **** loads despite loooking like a bulldog... i.e. she uses still, not sex, to sell...

ReputationRep:
    Alan Sugar has a pretty bad 'moosh' on himself as well ya'know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmufc)
    Who get's out next week, read the spoiler. Go on, rep me
    That's exactly what I thought!

Sorry to Ollie, but I think Ruth is great. She loves selling, she's not an arrogant tossbag (like Syed), she doesn't think she has the thing in the bag (like Paul). All these comments about her appearance are just off the point. If she was so hideously ugly and awful then people wouldn't buy from her - as Tuan said in the "You're Fired" programme afterwards, Ruth comes across in a much more personable way in real life, something that isn't always captured on camera. Michelle isn't a bimbo - I think she's pretty good, but she just isn't as strong as Ruth. Ansell is good, but he's a little bit too "soft" for siralan I reckon.

Tuan deserved to go - he was rubbish in last night's task - which is a shame because I have enjoyed feasting my eyes on his handsomeness for the last 9 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I think Ansell could be a hard nut if he wanted to be.

Hate to admit it, but I'm starting to favour Ruth now. I didn't like her before cos she was a "robot" in the way that she handled business. The footballing equivalent would be Chelsea (although, I still hate them). But I've come to realise she interacts with whoever she's selling to well, and also efficiently.

Having said that, *I'd* still like Michelle to win it, purely for aesthetic reasons. Pretty sure she won't, but you know.

ReputationRep:
    Is that spolier up there true or not?

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hope not. In fact, put the answer to that question in a spoiler too please ...

ReputationRep:
    I actually warmed to Ruth last night
    I couldn't help but crack up laughing when she was talking to the camera in the car and kept referring to herself in the third person... "the Badger's out on her own again" etc etc
    Classic :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    I actually warmed to Ruth last night
    I couldn't help but crack up laughing when she was talking to the camera in the car and kept referring to herself in the third person... "the Badger's out on her own again" etc etc
    Classic :p:
    I actually agree
    Having watched the whole series previously with an irrational dislike of her, I think that this episode really showed off her more human side. Plus you have to admire her acheivements, I mean she let SO many flats :eek:

Overall, I think that Paul would be the best apprentice, though I must confess, his attitude in this week's task wasn't great . I mean he does seem to be at the heart of a lot of friction that's created within teams but his level of performance is usually incredibly high .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by envious)
    Overall, I think that Paul would be the best apprentice, though I must confess, his attitude in this week's task wasn't great
    I fully agree.
    I love Paul, he's been one of my favourites all the way through, but his attitude last night could only be described as sulky.
    Let's hope he improves next week!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    I fully agree.
    I love Paul, he's been one of my favourites all the way through, but his attitude last night could only be described as sulky.
    Let's hope he improves next week!! :p:
    Maybe that white thing that dropped on his head affected his brain :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lykabelle)
    Maybe that white thing that dropped on his head affected his brain :p:
    That was sooo funny. Seemed almost as if it was scripted lol. Yay to the Paul fanclub, I actually love him, not like that but you know what I mean. You could see his heart wasn't in this task and hense his poor performance, although it wasn't THAT bad, he still letted 2 flats, no less than anyone else apart from Ruth - who only did as well as she did because she spent the whole time out selling and it was always Tuan in the agency dealing with admin and stuff (not trying to put Ruth down or anything as she was very good and seems to have become more down to earth and easier to get on with and friendly in this last episode) - Part of the reason Paul was so disheartened in the selling I think was because he was stuck with admin for ages in the beginning and I don't think he rates Michelle (he didn't complain once about Ansell as he knows he is good) and although maybe subconcious on Michelles part (probably not though) she did try and keep Paul's sales down at the beginning because she knew if they lost then she would have to get someone in trouble, but when Paul asked her if he could go out and sell she had to let him, but by that time Paul was in a bad mood, and we all know how hard it is to do something when you are in a bad mood! Man this is long...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *StarrySkies*)
    i wouldn't be suprised if they spoiler was true, but how can you know? are you just bluffing, because you think that person's a safe guess?
    Well I ain't bluffing, go a few pages back and I said the same spoiler about who is getting out in the 10th week.

(Original post by toffee2)
    Is that spolier up there true or not?
    True, if you want to know my source read a few pages abck

ReputationRep:
    THE BADGER FTW!

I cant wait to see Syed take his next bashing from Sir Alan. Well its a personal thing - someone at my school looks and acts exactly like him and is also a Mr Ahmed, so bring on the battering! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who wants Syed to win? I think hes absolutely perfect, sometimes he does lie and stuff, but that just shows hes absolutely commited to winning, if he had the job he wouldn't really need to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who wants Syed to win? I think hes absolutely perfect, sometimes he does lie and stuff, but that just shows hes absolutely commited to winning, if he had the job he wouldn't really need to do that.
    I definetly agree with you! Hope Sayed wins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I definetly agree with you! Hope Sayed wins
    He only surived this week bacause Tuan didn't fight for it. Syed a liar and so you can't trust him. If he's on the losing team next week, he's gone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want Syed to win, but I don't get what all the fuss is over him. I really don't care if he's a lying arrogrant prick! A guy like him makes the show interesting, and as Sir Alan said, he has his moments, so he ain't that bad!

ReputationRep:
    I'm backing syed. Bearing in mind that the tasks that are put forward to the wannabe apprentices only take place over two days, the type of sales tactics that he uses (even though they are arguably aggressive and on the verge of misrepresenting) are appropriate and succesfull to the nature of the tasks. He is very talented, innovative and determined to win.

I found Ruth to be annoying and smug during the course of last weeks episode. Indeed she was succesfull, but I would argue that this is due to the fact that Tuan carried her brunt of the administrative work and gave her leads to follow - she was out selling both days. As any good sales person will tell you, if you speak to enough people you will get results. I feel that this is one of the main reasons behind her success, her sales pitch although informative wasn't particularly strong in my opinion. On a day a salesperson can get lucky.

Ansell actually had a stronger pitch, largely through the strong rapport he created with the clients, but i suspect he did not speak to as many clients.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.