Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugnacious)
    Shock! A grammatical error! Well, that totally nullifies his opinion....
    Actually, I'd attribute that more to the patent false dichotomy.

ReputationRep:
    It should have been Ruth's ass that should have been fired. She was just moaning like a cow in the boardroom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashley710)
    I think it will be a michelle vs ruth final, although I want it to be Paul vs michelle
    Are you serious? She is useless, and did you hear the interviewer taking the **** out of her? "Ooooh, I've got a feeling in my waters...ooooh"

Ansell vs Ruth or Paul vs Ruth, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    Syed came across in a much better way on the "You're Fired" show last night - he even managed to be self-deprecating :eek:

Agree with everyone who has said that if Syed had been on the other team, he'd still be there. No way could he win when pitted against Ruth. I think siralan knows full well who he wants for his apprentice, and it's her.

ReputationRep:
    Well he said he didn;t like how she tried to place blame.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Well he said he didn;t like how she tried to place blame.....
    I think that was for dramatic effect to keep viewers guessing. I doubt it would have worked very well if he said, "Ruth, you have shown yourself to be consistently better than the rest by a country mile. I couldn't care less about shifting blame because every single candidate has done it at least once in the boardroom; therefore, Syed, on yer bike..."

ReputationRep:
    I want Ansell to win, he's about the most likeable one of the remainder

ReputationRep:
    Please do not get me started on The Apprentice!

ARGH!!! Stupid stupid programme!!

ReputationRep:
    Elaborate........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /\Shaz\/)
    I think that was for dramatic effect to keep viewers guessing. I doubt it would have worked very well if he said, "Ruth, you have shown yourself to be consistently better than the rest by a country mile. I couldn't care less about shifting blame because every single candidate has done it at least once in the boardroom; therefore, Syed, on yer bike..."
    :ditto:

Spot on!

ReputationRep:
    Ansell and Paul will be the last two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Elaborate........
    Maybe not!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, though; I, too, like Ansell and want him to win. Paul could have been likeable, but sometimes I feel he's not joking when he says "I AM THE BEST! ALL HAIL ME!", making him smarmy rather than charming. And as for Ruth, her angry flushed face gets on my nerves for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i hate you!! you lying so and so!!:mad: :hmpf:

someone told me that ruth had been kicked out, cos i didnt watch it but now it seems like that someone was lying!! :hmmm:

i thought he annoyed you? ^o)
    hehehehehe u sucker! and syed is less anoying than ruths pigginess (if thats a word!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Actually, I'd attribute that more to the patent false dichotomy.
    I don't understand how it is a false dichotomy, you are proposing that an apprenticeship is mutually exclusive to training?

The whole point of the show is for Sir Alan Sugar to adjudicate who would be the best "Apprentice", ie a person with a range of high quality skills and natural talent that can be nurtured and trained into the finished item.

Based upon this, ElWilson was contending that Syed, with his obvious business acumen, creativity, and sales abilities, has a very strong starting point upon which Sir Alan could build.

Out of interest Profesh, do you have any previous experience of running/ managing a business? Not that it particularly matters, it is unlikely that the majority of the posters will have had any direct experience, but I would put forward that those who have, are going to be in a better positoin to make judgement.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with spacedonkey. I liked Syed and awful lot more in the you're fired show.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest Profesh, do you have any previous experience of running/ managing a business? Not that it particularly matters, it is unlikely that the majority of the posters will have had any direct experience, but I would put forward that those who have, are going to be in a better positoin to make judgement.
    Agree entirely. I've been a manager and I think Syed would fill me with confidence if I let him loose. He's determined, entrepreneurial and gifted with sales. However, his man-management is poor coupled with the 'shrug off' and disregard for others. I understand this was not wholly a team exercise, but Syed failed to show much of teamwork.

I think I would endear to Ruth. I hate her, but I think she could win me over. Paul is good, but again, he seems to have nothing special that the rest of them don't.

Michelle & Ansell - try hard, but don't have a business initiative.

Its a complete weigh up between Ruth / Paul / Syed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how it is a false dichotomy, you are proposing that an apprenticeship is mutually exclusive to training?

The whole point of the show is for Sir Alan Sugar to adjudicate who would be the best "Apprentice", ie a person with a range of high quality skills and natural talent that can be nurtured and trained into the finished item.

Based upon this, ElWilson was contending that Syed, with his obvious business acumen, creativity, and sales abilities, has a very strong starting point upon which Sir Alan could build.

Rest assured; I wasn't postulating anything so serious. Rather, it was this:

(Original post by ElWilson)
    Syed is an obvious character whom should have been apprenticed hence training him. Ruth is a corrupt liar.
    That tickled my funny-bone; as though he might venture an adverse comparison on the basis of some putative scruple, ethos or personal integrity which Syed has already proven himself to lack.

ReputationRep:
    I think its going to be between Ruth and Paul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacedonkey)
    Syed came across in a much better way on the "You're Fired" show last night - he even managed to be self-deprecating :eek:
    Agreed.

I largely believe Syed was a victim of editing for the audience. It was clear that Syed was simply the entertainment behind the show and thus, I think the editors played up to this.

He was the better of the two last night. I was glad he accepted his departure towards the end, I think it showed the amount he has actually learnt. He was not so cocky towards Sir Alan, he did not stay behind etc.

The 'You're Fired' show gave an insight into the non-camera Syed, though admittedely it did seem that he had lost a large amount of his dynamic appeal.

Nevertheless, next weeks episode looks fantastic. About time they scrutinised the apprentices properly. On the clip, one of the interviewers says to Ruth: "It says on your CV you have increased revenue from 3 to 10 million in 3 years. Now if that was me - you'd be under a lock and key - I wouldn't let you leave. Something doesn't quite add up here"

Another clip, showed of the interviewers saying that 'If I saw this CV, it would go straight in the bin'

I don't have any particular fondness for any of the others. Ruth is too intrusive, Ainsel is too passive, Paul is too arrogant and Michelle is too mundane.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.