The Apprentice Watch

spacedonkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by the_man12345)
I reckon next weeks interview challenge, is something Sayed would have been good at. After all, he had a lot of practice under pressure from Sir Alan
But his responses to boardroom grilling from siralan have been pretty lame i.e.

Siralan: Why shouldn't I fire you Syed?
Syed: Because I'm a winner siralan
Siralan: No you're bloody not, you lost!

Not to mention all the other platitudes!

Those interviewers would have laid him to waste
pugnacious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by spacedonkey)
But his responses to boardroom grilling from siralan have been pretty lame i.e.

Siralan: Why shouldn't I fire you Syed?
Syed: Because I'm a winner siralan
Siralan: No you're bloody not, you lost!

Not to mention all the other platitudes!

Those interviewers would have laid him to waste
Thats just one response though, the amount of times he has been in th boardroom and stood up for himself is commendable, even Sir Alan said in "You're Fired" that Syed was impressive in the boardroom, if he thought he was **** he could have fired him in one of his many previous visits, Syed visited the Boardroom the most out of all the contestants. Syed had the strength of character to get through the tough interviews without backing down and without losing his cool. Ruth turns red and gets exceptionally flustered and angry, ansell is likely to be a bit passive, Michelle will be taken apart easily, and Paul is the wild card, haven't seen him under pressure before.

Personally I would loved to have seen Syed through to this round, and what the interviewers make of him.
spacedonkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pugnacious)
Personally I would loved to have seen Syed through to this round, and what the interviewers make of him.
I agree, Syed would be very entertaining!
SevenDeuceOff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pugnacious)
Ruth turns red and gets exceptionally flustered and angry
Yeah, is anyone else really irritated by her when she goes into angry Miss Piggy mode?
qmblix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by /\Shaz\/)
Yeah, is anyone else really irritated by her when she goes into angry Miss Piggy mode?
Like someone said, she's so Dinner Lady like.
silence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the badger will go next week in my opinion. i can see michelle going through along with paul.
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No way, Ruth is gonna go through to the final! I think Paul may go next week, Hes a good guy but I doubt he can hold up under the interviews.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think Ansell and the blonde are gonna struggle with the interviews. Ansell is too nice and the interviewer will talk all over him. They'll get bullied.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Paul is James from last series
So true. However, I don't think he's as rich/out for fame, so maybethey might keep him.
*StarrySkies*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not really liking any of this year's final four. As people they are bland and lack charisma imo which in business would be quite an asset.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Vazzyb)
So true. However, I don't think he's as rich/out for fame, so maybethey might keep him.
James was way more smart, professional and resourceful.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Vazzyb)
Read the website of the PR company promoting The Apprentice, Pauls comments make interesting reading...

(Original post by http://www.taylorherring.com/apprentice.html)
PAUL TULIP
Career: Head Hunter Home Town: Leeds

Profile: In spite of being one of the youngest apprentices Paul has had a number of jobs and considers himself a versatile character and reckons he is a “natural performer.” He believes he combines this instinctive sense of fun with a serious attitude to business and an aggressive sales technique. “I always like to put myself up on a stage to see how well I can do,” he says. “And I have always been successful.”
He says: “People have said I should be on stage as a career. I have always stepped up to the mic, and I think that will come across: Everyone should have a Paul in the house.”
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who will go next week? Both Paul and Michelle. Fact.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Read the website of the PR company promoting The Apprentice, Pauls comments make interesting reading...
Ah. Maybe he is. Thats the problem when someone really good comes on this show, they're out for fame.

And next week itll be Ansell + ______ - it has to be!
silence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i don't think people are really on it for fame. i can see why they might play up to the cameras a bit more than others, but it is primarily about business skills in my view.
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think to give up their highly paid job for that little bit of fame would be ridiculous to be honest.

Im seeing Michelle and Ruth in the final - I think they will hold up best under interviews ad they would make great last round viewing. Besides It would be nice to have a woman apprentice this year
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Paul should win...He's definetly the 'best'
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
Im seeing Michelle and Ruth in the final - I think they will hold up best under interviews ad they would make great last round viewing. Besides It would be nice to have a woman apprentice this year
I think it will be these two too - Michelle because she's the 'blank canvas' and Ruth, because she will fight to the death for what she wants, and I think sh will savage the boys!
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it will be these two too - Michelle because she's the 'blank canvas' and Ruth, because she will fight to the death for what she wants, and I think sh will savage the boys!
Definately I admire ruths potential and her style - With syed last week she wasnt going to let him try and railroad her like he has with everyone else. Shes a definate fighter.
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
Definately I admire ruths potential and her style - With syed last week she wasnt going to let him try and railroad her like he has with everyone else. Shes a definate fighter.

Personally I think Ruth looses her temparement under pressure, she came out of the board room situation pretty badly in my opinion. Syed even had to ask her to calm down because she was being unprofessional. I don't think she will win personally. In fact if either Ruth or Michelle wins I will be distinctly unimpressed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (40)
28.17%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.15%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads