The Apprentice Watch

JrW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
I now dislike Michelle even more than Ruth.
why?
*StarrySkies*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Paul totally crumbled in the interviews! Did you notice his face?
I was disappointed that Ansell went I think he would make a really great Apprentice.
Ruth was not good in the interviews, she is not likeable and I don't think her sales techniques are any more sophisticated than Paul's (plus she does wierd things with her tongue).
After the interviews I'm backing Michelle to win, I think that she has a good set of all-round basic skills. I was very impressed at how she keeps her cool in one to one discussions.
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wanted Ansell and Michelle to be in the final. I thought it would be Paul, but can now see why he got fired. Bit of a twonker really! I hate Ruth, she does my head in. So Michelle to win!! Woooo!
max_e_muscle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why is it only people who havn't got a decent educational background that think they have worked to get where they are and think that their upbringing shows determination? Surely getting a decent education and qualifications is just as commendable providing you have worked for it - I'm taking about people who don't find it easy but work to get the grades they do, such as me - What is wrong with wanting to go to uni to get a degree then working afterwards? I mean Paul sort of got slated for this in SAS saying you have only worked for 3 years. Yes, but after he has got an education, what is wrong with that? I mean he even mentioned contigency planning in the episode!
I just mentioned this because Michelle said something in the car at the end with Ruth about GCSE's etc and how they have worked for it more than anyone else. I just find this ignorant.
P.s. Told you it would be a Michelle Vs Ruth final, not that I'm happy, would rather be Michelle Vs Paul, but never mind, I might go down to the bookies and place £10 on Michelle to win if they let me lol
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sugar picked up on the 3 years thing because Paul claims to be god's gift to earth when in reality he has done **** all, which the interviewers picked up on. He kept saying that no other 26 yr old has achieved what he has, total *******s. And him travelling the world is hardly reason to win the job. He's been a cocky ******* all the way through and it's good to see him finally shown up. Though he brought a lot on himself because he totally crumbled in the interviews, but it shows you can't con experienced men.

I like Michelle, she showed a side of determination and ambition (nowt to do with gcse grades - infact you could see she was a bit embrassed about that and having to work as a checkout girl) that she hasn't shown before. A bit cunning at times too but not bad. The final will really put her to the sword though because she has to walk the walk on her own and has no one or no piece of paper to hide behind. I think she'll just pull through over Ruth's in your face attitude.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To be honest, I was a lot more surprised that Ruth got so few GCSEs. The way I understand it, Michelle had to leave school or something to get jobs to support her family after family members had died. I admire that.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i want michelle to win it but ruth will. ansell got fired i dont believe it he woz so how do i say it NICE. jus hope ruth rots in hell
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ashley710)
Why is it only people who havn't got a decent educational background that think they have worked to get where they are and think that their upbringing shows determination? Surely getting a decent education and qualifications is just as commendable providing you have worked for it - I'm taking about people who don't find it easy but work to get the grades they do, such as me - What is wrong with wanting to go to uni to get a degree then working afterwards? I mean Paul sort of got slated for this in SAS saying you have only worked for 3 years. Yes, but after he has got an education, what is wrong with that? I mean he even mentioned contigency planning in the episode!
I just mentioned this because Michelle said something in the car at the end with Ruth about GCSE's etc and how they have worked for it more than anyone else. I just find this ignorant.
Yep, I totally agree. You'll find this attitude in a lot of ignorant people who have worked since their teens but not carried on into higher education - somehow, because they've had it 'harder' they're deserving of more respect. :rolleyes: Yes Michelle has worked hard in her life, but whose to say if the other candidates were put in the same position they wouldn't do the same?
spacedonkey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mortimer)
jus hope ruth rots in hell
a bit harsh isn't it mortimer? :eek:
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OOOO my predictions are still going strong... out once or twice, but still backing Michelle to win (as I was from the first week)
Evolin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I think it will be Paul and Ansell fired tonight...
gotta hand it to you fluffly- how did you know... :eek:
skelly12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes i am also impressed with fluffys prediction,to be honest i didnt see that happening ! michelle 2 win!
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I think those two as you've got two fighters (one male, one female) and two more of a blank canvas (one male, one female).

I think Badger could eat Paul for breakfast, and if SAS does fire him, it should be out of a canon (now that would make good TV). I think Michelle is a bit more blank than Ansell...
That's why
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Also - reading comments made by Paul about him being a natural performer etc. Remember what happened to James last year... Paul = this years James...
*StarrySkies*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by black_mamba)
Yep, I totally agree. You'll find this attitude in a lot of ignorant people who have worked since their teens but not carried on into higher education - somehow, because they've had it 'harder' they're deserving of more respect. :rolleyes: Yes Michelle has worked hard in her life, but whose to say if the other candidates were put in the same position they wouldn't do the same?
i totally agree, ever had the "well i went to the university of life" speech? :mad:
spacedonkey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
whoever posted the spoiler was absolutely correct
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by skelly12)

i fell saddened by next weeks preview and think poor michell has been given rubbish team mates!! Ruth's team are all strong characters and i feel that this just may ruin michelle's chances!!
Why? Michelle actually has the best team mates...sayed? Ruth has Jo! :eek:

I think despite Ruth being good at sales....Michelle will win. She has determination..and like Sir Alan she's had a tough upbringing..and climbed her way up.

Michelle to win!
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, But Jo isnt that bad to be honest, the fact is she riledpeople, and got there backs up.. she did have some very good ideas she ust wasnt the most likeable peson in the world.
Eidothea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, I thought Ruth and Michelle gets to choose their team mates instead of having them already chosen. Have to agree with someone else who said that Michelle's got the best ones. Sayed is extremely passionate whilst Paul has been successful in every single task apart from the interview one. Both are dynamic people.
Who does Ruth have? Sharon and Jo (i think), but then Ruth being an excellent leader might pull through....
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd far sooner have Jo on my team than Syed... Anyday! She might be a bit mental, but at least she's not a sycophantic liar!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads