The Apprentice Watch

moonspoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nargis was bad at doing the pitch...but then again so was Mani (I think that's his name), the whole 'forgive me if I get emotional' thing was :p: and his comments to the Calendar Club guy about the baby pictures. Quite funny after he claimed to be an expert at sale pitches.
last_train
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nargis was bad at doing the pitch...but then again so was Mani (I think that's his name), the whole 'forgive me if I get emotional' thing was and his comments to the Calendar Club guy about the baby pictures. Quite funny after he claimed to be an expert at sale pitches.
lol, so true! Something about the full blown arrogancy of the way he made that claim suggested he might not be!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'6 million cats of which 'stutter stutter' the majority er most are from London' Quite possibly the worst opening line in history
Cellardore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
'6 million cats of which 'stutter stutter' the majority er most are from London' Quite possibly the worst opening line in history

lol that piece of info had nothing to do with what they were campaigning for, and the cat calender was crap. Nargis was quite rude as well and i personally would find her intimidating if she approached me like that.

I quite like Jo in some ways though. She's really passionate and isn't a push over, but i do think she's a bit pyscho. LOL could you imagine her in a board meeting and when she doesn't get her way, breaking down in tears!? Talk about throwing all her toys out her pram. I couldn't work with that.
donvito
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i've got a bet that Jo will cry in every single episode...she really does need to get a grip.
PsychNick
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Both presentations were god awful (admittedly, Nargis took the 1st prize sticker). Her lines like 'and then we'll discuss how many you want to buy,' I mean the cheek of it. The kitten opener made me burst out laughing too with the rep guy just like 'thank you for that?!' Mani didn't do much better either with his 'we hold these truths to be self-evident' - its a charity calender, not the declaration of independence! He was so staged too with the calender guy saying something and he's like 'oh really hahaha!' (winning the world's worst fake laugh award). He hyped his abilities a bit too much didn't he - I could have done a better job than he did, despite having done only 1 proper 15min presentation in my lifetime against his 'I do this everyday for a living!).

I like Jo as, like Sir Alan said, she has got spirit (I think he really likes her, cause you can see in his eyes he wants to smile and laugh when she goes off on one). But is it me or are half the potentials big cry-babies? I get that they want it so bad, but do they not appreciate that Sir Alan wants someone who can close firm business deals and negotiate, and not someone who will burst into tears at the first sign of panic. My personal fave was the chinese guy until he wept over a calender. I mean you've gotta put on a tough front. My money now is on (name eludes, he's the one who came out of the shower when Mani and Sayed were arguing and stopped it) - he's the best negotiator and keeps a level-head throughout.

I'd like to see Jo stay cause she's the only one out of Velocity who has more depth than a baby's play pool. She just needs to calm herself and realise the image she has to portray as a member of Sir Alan's company - i.e. stern and "non-get-one-overable." Hopefully, she'll rise up as a project leader next week.

Who should be next out? IMO Sayed - theres just a sense of sleaze to him I don't like - and I get the impression he tries to set up this aura of intelligence that isn't actually real (justifying the A-Team being quite the example). He also won't let anyone do their jobs with his opinions apparently always being right. And then he tries to make sure he's safe by saying to e.g. Ben - I did everything you asked didn't I etc. Get him fired!
spacedonkey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm with you on Ansell (big black dude who came out of shower and sorted Syed row out) - he's great and has same humble origins as Sir Al. Read somewhere he used to be pro footballer? Also Paul who sold the single apple for a fiver.

Sad to say I think Jo will be out next week- she's project managing the task, which is a bit of a mistake on her part (should've let the dust settle a bit, all her team mates think she's a loon after the kittens task).

Mani - omg - the fakeness was unbelievable!

calendar dude: "we sell 60 trillion calendars per year"
mani: "oh WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. [puffs as if the fact has actually made him sweat] Phew! Wow."

what a bell end!
Konstantine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mani looks like he'd quite like to kill his entire team. Maybe papercut them to death with one of those god-awful calendars.

Jo's classic. I hate her so much, but I basically watch it for her. What was it she said she had wanted to do with the calendar? In the boardroom? It conflicted with the story about a little girl with cancer or whatever she'd discussed in the planning stages.

The naff leader for the girl's team (can't remember her name) deserved to get fired. You don't cut someone off if you're trying to sell them something, ESPECIALLY if you only have 2 more words to say before you were planning to let them talk. She was an idiot for taking the lawyer into the boardroom. Fair enough, take the psycho, but leaving yourself as the only otherwise weak candidate is stupid.
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
lmao there really was no point in saying that - they were not at all interested and im suprised the didnt pick up on it after the second one! Her pitch was so crap i was cringing but this bit was best ....

*someone starts to ask a question*

"I havent finished yet, ask questions after"

*pause*

"you can ask your questions now"

:laugh:
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Worst.Pitch.Ever, I would of thought ater the first meeting one of them would f said 'Nargis that was awful, let me do it' Hell they would of done a better job. The Guys calender was the right idea, and cute but looked cheap. I actually quite liked the girls calender it was classy but nothing to do with kids!
The guys were hillarious afterwards taking the mick out of the girls, I mean they had pretty much lost that task intill the calender club results, and lost last weeks so why werre they being so cocky? The guys are going to have a real problem if the division that appeared in the lasty ep continues.
clueless101
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know what road the house that The Apprentice contestants are staying in, is on? Sugar dubbed it 'England's finest road' or something.

Sugar said that the house next door to it went up for £45 mil. Waaaaaaaaaay too much for any house despite the area! IMO, the house that they are staying in is nice on the inside i guess but looks really ugly from the outside!
Gravastar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh sweet Jesus - Jo MUST go! She's insane - I'd give it only a couple of weeks until she finally flips and murders them all in their beds with a hatchet!

Paul should win in my opinion, for the sole reason that when the rest of them are spouting the same old clichés about "vision, teamwork, dynamism" in the meetings and the sales pitches, you can just see him sitting there with this incredulous look on his face.
Retro.spex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nargis deserved to get fired, because she was taking all the responsibility and wasnt really letting anyone else do anything. And she was bossy.
ellewoods
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
Worst.Pitch.Ever, I would of thought ater the first meeting one of them would f said 'Nargis that was awful, let me do it' Hell they would of done a better job.
Yes they would have done a better job, but maybe that was the point .... they all saw how truly awful she was, and realised that if they gave her enough rope, she's hang herself. And she did.

Karen the Lawyer would definately have seen this opportunity, its ingrained into lawyers how to do this.

I was very impressed with the guy who came out of the shower and stopped the silly boys bickering - him or Paul should win.
ninetails
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
to be honest, they're all pretty much useless at the moment - when it gets down to teams of about 4 you actually get to see who is good at their job

i.hate.jo!
PaperMoon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not being big headed, but did anyone else think "I could do a much better job" while watching Nargis's pitch. I mean, we did GCSE presentations way better than that. She's a professional woman, how could she be so rude to the people she was supposed to impress!!
Oh, and for some reason I like Jo, although her emotional outbursts are a bit embarrasing.
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cant wait for tonights show - Jo is the leader which should be interesting!! :p:
smessy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i love it!!! i pleased with who went last week, her sales pitch was totally awful, i coudln't believe how rude she was!!!

am watching the new episode now...think jo's going to be team leader!!! god shes being very 'tough' and is going on about it loads!!!

enjoy!
Aired
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Jo is so annoying, she just talks and talks...

I hope she's fired.
PsychNick
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so karen got the boot - a shocker huh. Out of the three, she was the last I expected to leave but then again she did develop a bit of an attitude in the boardroom there. Roll on Alexa's PM attempt next week...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (123)
18.39%
No (405)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.08%

Watched Threads