The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett application

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer today .Most probably I will go.
Original post by alsam005.310
I got a rejection. My predicted grades were 7 A* and 5 A's.
What kind of grades did the people who got accepted have?

My predicted grades were 10 A*'s and 3 A's and i have already got a B in short course french.
Reply 22
got a conditional offer yesterday :smile: so happy
Reply 23
Original post by Roxanne Corker
Heya guys (Or more specifically 'girls')

I've read about a billion threads from 2011 about girls who applied for HBS and got rejected/accepted or received a conditional offer. But guess what?

Nothing about 2012 applicants. So, to tame my now sorrowful spirits in ever finding any other girls who have applied, I was wondering if any of you have received a retort from them as of recent, it would be much obliged dolls. :colondollar:

My sister got her offer yesterday
I got offered yesterday><
Reply 25
I had a few friend who went there, primary school pretty much fed into that school (for girls). A lot of them left for Woodhouse College when they got the chance.
Original post by SamiTheTurtle
My predicted grades were 10 A*'s and 3 A's and i have already got a B in short course french.

Mine is 10 A*, 1A. In addition to that I have already got an A* in another subject in Year 10. Do we need to meet the predicted grades or minimum grades mentioned in the school web site
Reply 27
Original post by anonymous5001
Mine is 10 A*, 1A. In addition to that I have already got an A* in another subject in Year 10. Do we need to meet the predicted grades or minimum grades mentioned in the school web site

Yeah, im a bit confused about that as well. I suppose i'll just bring it up in the interview thing. :s-smilie:
Reply 28
A few of the girls from my school got in, but I think they had all A*s at GCSE. From what I've heard, the teaching isn't as great as they make it out to be and everything they do is to increase their academic reputation, even though it's down to the girls who go there.

Just a note to say that all the HBS girls treat me like scum too and I did nothing to them... :s-smilie: I don't get it, why treat me so badly? If they're judging it on grades I can bet a lot that mine were better than theirs. :frown: But it's okay, if they're going to judge me, judging them back doesn't do me any favours, so I tend to let it go. ¬¬

Good luck OP if you've not heard yet! Although, if it's a rejection, it's not the end of the world and I'm sure other choices are more than happy to take you. :smile:
Reply 29
Is it a rejection if they can't offer you a conditional place
but tell you to come the day after results day to give in your grades?
Original post by meowinglex
Is it a rejection if they can't offer you a conditional place
but tell you to come the day after results day to give in your grades?

Ahh! I got that too! I think it is a rejection, but I'm not sure :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 31
:frown:
One thing i don't understand is my grades
are equivalent to those who got excepted.
It can ONLY be down to the grades as they
didn't ask for any personal statement ect.
My distance isn't that long...
So what is the reason...:mad:
Reply 32

Ideally, you'd be Chinese, wear glasses and have a violin.
Reply 33
Original post by Clip
Ideally, you'd be Chinese, wear glasses and have a violin.

My sister got in, shes not Chinese and doesnt play violin :smile:

It's more than the grades, but extra-curricular activities as well
Reply 34
I am not Chinese and i don't play violin...
I partake in a reasonable number of after-school
clubs...
I honestly don't no why i got in but Oh well
I mean there are plenty more sixth forms -.-'
Reply 35
Plus they didn't ask about extra-curricular activities...
Hi everyone just read what you all have to say. i also applied to the school and got those half rejection kind of things, where they say come and see us after result day and i was wondering what to make of this, if people who got A* got registered what's my chances of making it. Im mostly predicted As and 1 or 2 A*, and how is woodohouse, is it too late to apply.
Original post by coolheadjody
Hi everyone just read what you all have to say. i also applied to the school and got those half rejection kind of things, where they say come and see us after result day and i was wondering what to make of this, if people who got A* got registered what's my chances of making it. Im mostly predicted As and 1 or 2 A*, and how is woodohouse, is it too late to apply.

Apparently they only gave offers to approximately 25 people this year
And ring woodhouse, they might still be able to put you on the waiting list. i think the deadline was a few weeks ago though.
Original post by Roxanne Corker
Heya guys (Or more specifically 'girls')

I've read about a billion threads from 2011 about girls who applied for HBS and got rejected/accepted or received a conditional offer. But guess what?

Nothing about 2012 applicants. So, to tame my now sorrowful spirits in ever finding any other girls who have applied, I was wondering if any of you have received a retort from them as of recent, it would be much obliged dolls. :colondollar:

Heya:smile:

I've applied to HBS too, but there is not reply... Do you have any idea when they will reply?? I really want to make it into HBS!!:colondollar:
Reply 39
Original post by coolheadjody

No need to worry you shall still apply, people who got in had A's and stuff and some people who didn't get in got A*'s i don't know how it works but regardless you should still re-apply after results day as it is a successful school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending