The Student Room Group

Q about unis in the UK

Hi!
so, i've applied to several universities in uk (architect program) and so far I've got to offers, from london met (+ foundation year) and leeds met. As I've heard this two unis are very low ranked :frown:. I really want to study at a high ranked university, so my plan is to study at london met 1 year and then hopefully transfer to another uni that is better. What do you guys think about this?
And is the tuition fee going to raise every year? If yes, will this effect me if i study my foundation year 2012 and then my first year in 2013, I mean will I have to pay the new fees for 2013? Or will I pay the fees that was pertained in 2012.

Sorry for my grammatical errors.
Reply 1
If you enrol at London Metropolitan, you'll be forever stigmatised as an imbecile. No sane person ever goes to that uni. And well, you may forget transferring to any "good" university from there.

And what Leeds Metropolitan might be, I am afraid to imagine...
Reply 2
Original post by the_13th
If you enrol at London Metropolitan, you'll be forever stigmatised as an imbecile. No sane person ever goes to that uni. And well, you may forget transferring to any "good" university from there.

And what Leeds Metropolitan might be, I am afraid to imagine...

Why would I forget transfeering to a "good" uni??
Original post by Diiana
Hi!
so, i've applied to several universities in uk (architect program) and so far I've got to offers, from london met (+ foundation year) and leeds met. As I've heard this two unis are very low ranked :frown:. I really want to study at a high ranked university, so my plan is to study at london met 1 year and then hopefully transfer to another uni that is better. What do you guys think about this?
And is the tuition fee going to raise every year? If yes, will this effect me if i study my foundation year 2012 and then my first year in 2013, I mean will I have to pay the new fees for 2013? Or will I pay the fees that was pertained in 2012.

Sorry for my grammatical errors.

The tuition fees that you pay in 2012 will stay the same for the rest of the years even if the government raises them again. Although that may be different if you were to transfer....

I don't know anything about the two uni's you mentioned so I cannot help you there.
Reply 4
Original post by Diiana
Why would I forget transfeering to a "good" uni??

You wouldn't forget it. You should forget it.
Reply 5
Original post by chancellorroberts
The tuition fees that you pay in 2012 will stay the same for the rest of the years even if the government raises them again. Although that may be different if you were to transfer....

I don't know anything about the two uni's you mentioned so I cannot help you there.

really?, do u have any ideas by how much they're going to raise the fees?
Reply 6
Original post by the_13th
You wouldn't forget it. You should forget it.

why? :P
Original post by Diiana
really?, do u have any ideas by how much they're going to raise the fees?

I said if. They have not announced any rises and are, in my opinion, unlikely to do so in the near future. Fee rises are something which you probably shouldnt worry about

Original post by Diiana
why? :P

What I think they mean is if you choose London Met because it has such a low ranking no high ranking institution will let you transfer from London Met to them. Thus you should forget about transferring from London Met to a high ranking institution.
Reply 8
I'm sooooooooooooooo sad right now :frown:!!!!!! Damn it, why does it have to be like that!! Really wanted to study in UK :/. Well then I'm going to Australia, bye
and thx for the answers :smile:!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending