The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds firmers and insurance 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by africananimals
:smile: Me too! I cant wait to hopefully joing the sports clubs! I love tennis, athletics, swimming and scuba diving! The Edge looks FAB! :biggrin: Im firming Leeds for Zoology!! :biggrin: Have you seen the Edge?

That's great! So you're into animals? I have to say once I start my course, I'm dedicating myself to all kinds of sports :smile: I haven't seen the Edge but I'm guessing its good.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Morg334
Firmed for English Language and Literature :biggrin:

I guess it's time to start thinking about accommodation... *facepalm*

Have you decided what accommodation you'll be applying for? :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by MagicNMedicine
How much do you want en suite? Thats the main thing CD has going for it over Lupton, although I like both halls (I lived in Lupton).

If you aren't that bothered about en suite, and don't want to pay the extra money CD costs, then Lupton is better on most other counts, particularly location (its the best location of all the halls IMO), you're right in the middle of the best part of Headingley.

Yh I've tried weighing up the benifits of both but im really finding it difficult
Lupton
Good location
Cheap
huge desks
uni is closer then cd
looks more sociable

Clarence dock
Also cheap not as cheap but still cheap
En suite
looks like there are bigger rooms
They have a cafe and a bar

It really sucks coz on the website there are only like 7 pictures of Lupton whereas the others have like double that :|
Original post by kubs
am i eligible for access to leeds if i have older brothers and sisters that have been to uni but my parents havent?

Yes that's one of the criterea you meet.
Original post by 0range
Yh I've tried weighing up the benifits of both but im really finding it difficult
Lupton
Good location
Cheap
huge desks
uni is closer then cd
looks more sociable

Clarence dock
Also cheap not as cheap but still cheap
En suite
looks like there are bigger rooms
They have a cafe and a bar

It really sucks coz on the website there are only like 7 pictures of Lupton whereas the others have like double that :|

Yes that's one of the criterea you meet.

I wouldn't worry about there being a cafe and bar at CD and not Lupton...Lupton is right in the middle of Headingley so there are loads of cafes and bars on the street round the corner, there is no point for them putting a cafe and bar in the residences as it probably would not be used much.

On the other hand as for uni being closer at Lupton than CD, not sure about that one, I think they are about the same. Possibly CD is about 5 min further if you walk but it's a more interesting walk as you go through the city centre, and if you want to call off at shops etc you can.
Reply 64
Original post by Nora Mardani
Anyone studying biology at Leeds ??

Hi, just firmed my C100 offer!

Chose Leeds because it has good reputation, love the city, the SU and its societies, and they gave me an incredibly generous offer!

Picking accommodation is so difficult -- looking at North Hill Court, JBP and maybe Devonshire Hall? All the halls look decent at least!
Reply 65
Have you decided what accommodation you'll be applying for? :smile:

Not really, I think I might go to the accommodation tour... but I do like the sound of Henry Price - it's on campus so I can still have my morning lie-ins :biggrin: I think that's swinging it for me :L how about you? :smile:
That's great! So you're into animals? I have to say once I start my course, I'm dedicating myself to all kinds of sports :smile: I haven't seen the Edge but I'm guessing its good.

Yeah! I love animals! :biggrin: Cool! I think that the sports is fab at Leeds, I cant wait to actually do some proper sporting events! Havent done them in a long while! What are you studying for? :smile:
Original post by Morg334
Not really, I think I might go to the accommodation tour... but I do like the sound of Henry Price - it's on campus so I can still have my morning lie-ins :biggrin: I think that's swinging it for me :L how about you? :smile:

That sounds good, when is the accommodation tour? I have been informed that there is an Open day on Thursday 19th April, is it that one?
I guess during a cold dull morning, being lazy is the best option :tongue:
Well I'm thinking of Clarence Dock or Montague Burton :smile:
Yeah! I love animals! :biggrin: Cool! I think that the sports is fab at Leeds, I cant wait to actually do some proper sporting events! Havent done them in a long while! What are you studying for? :smile:

So sweet! Well I've applied for Biology, c100 :biggrin: so excited about it!
I can't wait too! It's going to be great.
By the way do you have a facebook account? Makes it easier to stay in contact!
Original post by Darwinian
Hi, just firmed my C100 offer!

Chose Leeds because it has good reputation, love the city, the SU and its societies, and they gave me an incredibly generous offer!

Picking accommodation is so difficult -- looking at North Hill Court, JBP and maybe Devonshire Hall? All the halls look decent at least!

That's awesome! I have applied for c100 too! that makes both of us. :biggrin: Leeds is incredible, and I cannot wait for September! I am finding trouble with accommodation too as I have not made my decision yet. Well I'm into Clarence dock or Montague Burton.
when is the accommodation tour?

The Accommodation Viewing Day is Saturday April 28th. All the residences (except Central Village) will be open. The people who are building Central Village have told us that they'll put up a display showing what the rooms etc will look like.

I have been informed that there is an Open day on Thursday 19th April, is it that one?

That will probably be an Open Day for a particular department. You may get to see either Charles Morris Hall or Henry Price but it depends on the department.
Reply 71
Hello!
I am Zarah, and an international student. I am firming Leeds as my first choice for under graduation in Broadcast Journalism. YAYYEE!!!
:smile::biggrin:
I am looking now into accommodation.
Any advice/help?
So sweet! Well I've applied for Biology, c100 :biggrin: so excited about it!
I can't wait too! It's going to be great.
By the way do you have a facebook account? Makes it easier to stay in contact!

No way! lol! I guess we will see each other as 1st year zoology is practically biology! :biggrin: Its going to be ABFAB! I dont have facebook but I have a flicker?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44360978@N05/
Although this is a link to my photos lol! What is it you want to do in the future? :smile:
Reply 73
Unconditional firm :smile: looking at lupton, Henry Price, James Bailie and North Hill court.

I want somewhere affordable, sociable, self catered and near the med school if possible.
Reply 74
Original post by Sherbet
Unconditional firm :smile: looking at lupton, Henry Price, James Bailie and North Hill court.

I want somewhere affordable, sociable, self catered and near the med school if possible.

Looking at those exact accomodations and for those exact reasons, except for the med school proximity part. Still don't know which one I want though!
I'm also on a gap year this year! Do you have any travel/work advice? :biggrin:D
No way! lol! I guess we will see each other as 1st year zoology is practically biology! :biggrin: Its going to be ABFAB! I dont have facebook but I have a flicker?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44360978@N05/
Although this is a link to my photos lol! What is it you want to do in the future? :smile:

Wow, that's amazing! I love Ecology in Biology :biggrin:
I'm sure lectures will be great.
Love the collection of animals, by the way I didn't catch your name? :wink:
To be honest, I haven't actually thought of it, the reason why I love studying Biology is because the subject is fascinating! What about you? Anything to do with animals in the future?
Reply 76
Original post by dulciemae
Looking at those exact accomodations and for those exact reasons, except for the med school proximity part. Still don't know which one I want though!
I'm also on a gap year this year! Do you have any travel/work advice? :biggrin:D

I like Henry Price but I don't know how hard it is to get it.
I'm doing a ski season, and looking for more work abroad next year :smile: you?
Reply 77
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I wouldn't worry about there being a cafe and bar at CD and not Lupton...Lupton is right in the middle of Headingley so there are loads of cafes and bars on the street round the corner, there is no point for them putting a cafe and bar in the residences as it probably would not be used much.

On the other hand as for uni being closer at Lupton than CD, not sure about that one, I think they are about the same. Possibly CD is about 5 min further if you walk but it's a more interesting walk as you go through the city centre, and if you want to call off at shops etc you can.

Yh that's very true I guess, I will most probably be choosing Lupton :] btw do you by any chance have any pics of your room?
Reply 78
I've just firmed my unconditional offer for Leeds :biggrin: so il deffinatley be there September! I'm thinking of central village as my first choice accommodation. anyone else going there?
Reply 79
Original post by peggle9
I've just firmed my unconditional offer for Leeds :biggrin: so il deffinatley be there September! I'm thinking of central village as my first choice accommodation. anyone else going there?

Yer I think I might :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest