The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bis
i never said you did. gosh you love to make up crap and mis-read things don't ya?

As I said, I'm not arguing with you.
Reply 101
i'm glad you have seen sense.
Reply 102
Bis
its so annoying hearing this crap.

soy also raises estrogen in men.

Is that why hippys are pussys?
Reply 103
hah. must be. either that or crap music.
this could have been a good and informative thread about protein but we have to read through all that crap from brimstone and his chums wanting to "get one over" on bis

I find that bis knows his stuff and has given me good advice on workouts and diet so if you're going to show you're oh-so-clever by stalking him round the forums arguing with everything send him private messages or something because nobody else cares what you've got to say

right anyway next question bis,
I keep seeing different figures quoted for the amount of protein (grams) you need per day if you're on a muscle building programme. I am 81 kg so what do you suggest.

Also whats your take on the amount of protein you can take at one sitting - I know its pointless taking all your protein for the day in one go so I try to stagger it in short sharp bursts so there's always some protein in my system
Reply 105
MagicNMedicine
this could have been a good and informative thread about protein but we have to read through all that crap from brimstone and his chums wanting to "get one over" on bis

I find that bis knows his stuff and has given me good advice on workouts and diet so if you're going to show you're oh-so-clever by stalking him round the forums arguing with everything send him private messages or something because nobody else cares what you've got to say

I keep seeing different figures quoted for the amount of protein (grams) you need per day if you're on a muscle building programme. I am 81 kg so what do you suggest.

Also whats your take on the amount of protein you can take at one sitting - I know its pointless taking all your protein for the day in one go so I try to stagger it in short sharp bursts so there's always some protein in my system

I would trust bis if i was you, his info is good.
Reply 106
MagicNMedicine

cheers :smile:

anyway, there is a lot of differences in opinion between the best amount of protein to be eaten per day for hypertrophy; some say 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, some say 2, but anywhere between this is good really. i personally think between 1 and 1.5 is sufficient. 81kg is almost 180lbs i think, so somewhere between 180 - 270 grams per day would be great.

its best to balance it out between sittings, and obviously not have most of it at once, try to keep it similar each time so you keep a substantial flow. getting some down you every few hours is good to keep it in your bloodstream and keep a positive nitrogen balance. also try to get a little before you go to bed (preferably slow absorbing).
Reply 107
Elipsis
I would trust bis if i was you, his info is good.

cheers :smile:
Reply 108
seeds innit
MagicNMedicine

Follow him around? If you care to look, I actually posted before Bis. I am not 'trying to get on over' on him, I just feel that my original advice of recommending quinoa (a complete protein) was correct, and am trying to show him the proven link between high consumption of red meat and bowel cancer.
Reply 110
chel
i want to build up some of the old muscle mass. does anyone know where i can it from other than meat, fish and cheese/

Courtauld's the UK company better known for its textile industry, invented a synthetic protein called 'Kesp' some years back

During my 'sandwich' year at Uni I was seconded to Courtaulds and tried the stuff - it was on sale in the company canteen. It was OK, fairly tasteless but edible.

It was offered as a choice for vegetarians who want to eat protein yet are discomforted at thethought of eating meat.:smile:

Is Kesp still available?
i dont really understand why, every single thread containing any type of bodybuilding/fitness/nutrition related information/questions always ends up in a major argument??? usually because of contradicting advice, i dont know why people can't just answer the questions asked and leave it at that, instead of going off and criticising everything somebody has suggested.. maybe instead of posting such questions on a "student" forum they cud try one of the many bb/fitness sites/forums on the net - www.t-nation.com www.muscletalk.co.uk www.bodybuilding.com - to name a few
Old Green Man
Courtauld's the UK company better known for its textile industry, invented a synthetic protein called 'Kesp' some years back

During my 'sandwich' year at Uni I was seconded to Courtaulds and tried the stuff - it was on sale in the company canteen. It was OK, fairly tasteless but edible.

It was offered as a choice for vegetarians who want to eat protein yet are discomforted at thethought of eating meat.:smile:

Is Kesp still available?

emmm i have never heard of it....you are a vegetarian and do you drink milk? if so whey protein and casein are suitable choices for you if you don't eat meat. But drink it as a supplement, try and still get your protein source through other sources
3xhilaration
i dont really understand why, every single thread containing any type of bodybuilding/fitness/nutrition related information/questions always ends up in a major argument??? usually because of contradicting advice, i dont know why people can't just answer the questions asked and leave it at that, instead of going off and criticising everything somebody has suggested.. maybe instead of posting such questions on a "student" forum they cud try one of the many bb/fitness sites/forums on the net - www.t-nation.com www.muscletalk.co.uk www.bodybuilding.com - to name a few

yes i agree www.bodybuilding.com is very informative, has sections for each topic on bodybuilding, e.g. supplements, nutrition, workouts etc.....especially if you want supplements there is very knowledgable people there, with much more knowledge than on here, with a lot of backed up science.
Reply 114
only problem with bodybuilding.com is a lot of the articles contradict each other big time, and some of them are written by 15 year old scrawny kids.
Bis
only problem with bodybuilding.com is a lot of the articles contradict each other big time, and some of them are written by 15 year old scrawny kids.

yeh true. But im not talking about the articles, im talking about the people on the forum when having a chat of how the supplement works etc if it is right to do this and why etc....Very clever.

www.bodybuilding.com/forum

Latest

Trending

Trending