Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    isn't evidence , she could have made it up.
    Actually, it's a very common technique to use. The police and various charities advocate doing this as a way of making a very clear note of what happened and when. It means you don't forget things, and it makes you much more focused when giving evidence. No jury will convict someone if the prosecution witness is vague about what happened because they can't remember exactly.

ReputationRep:
    You don't think someone on the witness stand counts as evidence? :rolleyes:

Well then, what's the difference? A diary helps sort out what you say should you ever make it to the witness stand. You get your story straight, and what's more, it's detailed and accurate. For example, you don't mistakenly tell a whole jury that the guy exposed himself to you on 23rd January when he has evidence to prove that he was out of the country on that day, and in fact it happened on the 21st.

ReputationRep:
    get out of there ASAP. this is serious...but the "want some willy" thing just cracked up me up...soz

im really immature i know

that would be a great sketch on little britain

ReputationRep:
    Might have missed it, but does your mum know? He is a sicko and surely if she doesn't want her daughters endangered by such an animal? I suppose the only other thing to do is to contact the police. Godd luck hun

yeh she does, he doesnt do it anymore and he'd be alright if it wasnt for this, I'm just worried about any long term damage it might hav on my sister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Look just admit you got it wrong, you should have said the diary will HELP give evidence.
    Erm, get your head out of your arse and stop trying to make this *serious* thread about you? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This is a great idea. I had trouble before, not of a sexual nature, but more of a harrassment one with two very idiotic persons I had the unfortunate pleasure of going Sixth Form with. Just like you, I could have been making it up, but when the police came round, I had logged everything that had happened, and it made life alot easier! Make sure you include a date, rough time, description of the act and importantly how he made YOU feel.

As for the actual situation itself - what this man has done, (he doesn't even deserve the title of 'man') is inexcusable and highly illegal. Unfortunately this is bordering on Paedophilia. The reason it isn't strictly paedophillia is the fact he hasn't progressed sexually on either of you. However, what he is doing is disgustingly inappropriate and an invasion of your RIGHT TO PRIVACY. For your sisters benefit, if not your own and your mother's, I'd get someone qualified invovled. Like some TSRians have said, Childline is a great place to start. I phoned up when my harrassment started and they were good about everything. Also, look up on the internet for general advice and telephone numbers.

Hope everything works out okay.

ReputationRep:
    If you, your mum and obviously your sister know what hes done, then you need to call the police and whats to say he's not done this before to someone else aswell???
    If you report him im sure something could be arranged financial and homewise, perhaps a family friend???
    Counselling would also be a good idea for your sister and perhaps yourself, joint counselling could be a good idea for you both.

The same thing happened to me when I was younger. Luckily my father was around and when my sister and I told him what was happening he got us out of there as soon as he could.

Please get away. Could you get a flat together or something, away from him? Report him to the police and to your social worker (if you have one). My social worker did more than the police would because there was no proof of what he was doing, only what I'd been telling them for the previous five years. Go to your doctor and see if they will arrange for you and your sister to talk to someone (they sent social workers to talk to me after my stepdad made me touch and kiss him, and they also sent my sister and I to a children's therapist who talked to us about it and then spoke to our parents). Don't worry about confidentiality, they will only tell your parents what you've said if you give them permission to. You've been abused and your mum might be able to get help if she is worried about your safety. Try going to your local council offices and ask them about what help is available.

I understand about your mum, mine is the same. She didn't want to leave him because there would be nowhere for us to go and she thought it would be better for everyone if we all stayed where we were. It is years later now and my mum says that she is glad that my dad took us away. If you can't talk to your mum at least get your sister to see a doctor. From what you said it is already affecting her and all the while he is still there it will get worse.

ReputationRep:
    1.Call the cops, and now. If you leave your sis there you will end up with bigger problems than a small transition period.
    2.B*tch-slap your mom.
    3.No offense Kill More Foxes but if she tries to insult him etc. he may just freak out and as was said do something "disasterous" + yes she should call the police.
    3.I didnt say "do you want a go" I said "do you want to go?"...Because that makes it ok then...WTF is he retarded???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill_More_Foxes)

please be careful about ringing while she is under 17...you are no longer a child so childline wont intervene for you but they could take your sister away from you which would be a really sad outcome.
    I believe you are very much mistaken. Childline wouldn't work if they intervened against the wishes of the person phoning for help (as in removing the sister) although they might strongly encourage a particular course. Although they won't deal with problems if you phone on behalf of someone else, the OP has been personally involved with the sexual harrassment it, therefore, doesn't seem unreasonable to phone childline representing both herself and her sister.

I am aware of an adult contacting childline on behalf of another child and appropriate help was given so don't let being over 17 put you off.

I say phone childline and see what direction they suggest you take. You need someone with experience to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill_More_Foxes)
    That's sick...maybe alternative arrangements should be made for you and your sister as to where you live? If there's an aunt nearby or something?

If you dont want to get legal cos you want to keep the house...how about dealing with it among the family. As in make a plan with your sister and ask your mum to join in too (tho obviously she may say no). Whenever this happens again try laughing at him...say how ridiculous he looks, how sad he is propositioning underage girls, how childishly tiny his **** is...im betting that will put him right off!! If he propositions one of you when you're alone...all you have to do is walk thru to your sisters room or to your mum roaring with laughter and say very loudly how sad/funny it is that your mums old boyfriend is waggling his rough tiny little **** at you again, and how silly and repulsive he is!!
    Don't follow this advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone1)
    Don't follow this advice!

:ditto: Too provocative and possibly dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zymoen)
    :ditto: Too provocative and possibly dangerous.
    Ja. Following that advice will probably lead to physical assault. If he's disgusting enough to sexually assault a girl, he'll have no qualms about hitting her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.