The Student Room Group

(Truro College) Moving from the south of France to the south of England.

Hey all,

I came across this forum while browsing the web for information about Truro college, failing to do so, I decided to register here and ask my questions in the hope someone could give me answers :smile:.

Firstly, all of my education has taken place in the south of France, infact, I was born here (my parents moved here before I was born). And have recently decided to move back to England, Truro to be exact.
Upon hearing the news, I decided to find out what Truro college was about and what kind of students attended it.
I'm a music passionated guitar guy, though I do have a huge interest in sciences (maths, chemistry, physics, and mostly computers) - and I was wondering; what kind of college is Truro college ?
I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but here in france different social classes attend different colleges (sorry for being so categoric xD), and people with different interests attend various colleges, like rugby players would all find themselves in the same college, even though the school itself has no particular rugby relation.

So here goes for my questions;
Is Truro college an enjoyable college ?
If anybody who is reading this is currently attending Truro, do you enjoy it ? What makes it a nice place for you ?
Anything else ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Charles.
Original post by DCharles
Hey all,

I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but here in france different social classes attend different colleges (sorry for being so categoric xD), and people with different interests attend various colleges, like rugby players would all find themselves in the same college, even though the school itself has no particular rugby relation.

Charles.

Don't know about Truro but it seems that here in England it's kind of the same class-wise (at college at least). Uni is more diverse but then for example people that do rowing are mostly pretty well off and also play polo, do sailing, ect..

I'm curious about France (I'm french but my family moved here several years ago) as I would actually have thought it was much less class-separated than here?
Reply 2
Down in the south where I am it's like that, I'm in a college where 7/10 guys are rugby players, so there's a real rugby atmosphere going on, and rugby isn't really my feild of interest..

Nice name also, grosbisousbaveux :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending