Weil, Gotshal & Manges Watch

m1kes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sanachan)
i cant book an interview either m1kes, were u able to fix the problem???
I emailed Jillian Singh (Grad. Recruitment) and booked an interview. She said they had been experiencing technical difficulties this past week.

Juneau, anything else you can tell us about the interview?
Juneau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had my interview in Cambridge (as I'm at Cambridge!). No idea if I'm honest. They made it seem as if it was just one round of interviews. They were doing two days of interviews here though from what they told one of my friends. What confused me is on their online system it said that I was booked for a first round interview implying that there were multiple rounds so maybe there are further assessments.
m1kes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any more information on this Juneau?
Llamaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello!

Tis just one interview (Cambridge ones were last week) and then the 2 week vac scheme is an assessment for the training contract. Or at least that is what I have been told.
m1kes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by helenkr)
Hello!

Tis just one interview (Cambridge ones were last week) and then the 2 week vac scheme is an assessment for the training contract. Or at least that is what I have been told.
Great. Thank you for the information.

Is the interview only 20mins and purely CV-based? It seems everyone who has had an interview with Weil has sung its praises afterwards.
Llamaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by m1kes)
Great. Thank you for the information.

Is the interview only 20mins and purely CV-based? It seems everyone who has had an interview with Weil has sung its praises afterwards.
it's 20 minutes to half an hour, and based largely on the cv but there is also a technical question about what you would do if you had a particular client with a problem, maybe a conflict of interests and so forth. Plus I would have a think about what other people would perceive as your strengths and weaknesses....
Juneau
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got a call today offering me a vacation scheme. Not a bad day as I also got an offer from Latham & Watkins!

Interview style with Weil was quite informal (but I'd be on your guard; don't let yourself get too informal with them is what I'd say). My interviewers were fantastic though and definitely put me at ease. Be prepared for the usual CV questions and then the "technical question". Technical question is similar in style to what Clifford Chance use if you've had an assessment centre with them. Quite a short scenario. Just think logically, take your time is what I'd say.
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, that's one less place for everybody else...

Llamaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my friend got a placement too
TommehR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grr, they don't offer that many places in the first place! Are they just going to fill them all up with Oxbridge people who have already had their interviews?! I applied in November.

m1kes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have Weil got rid of their graduate recruitment website with all of the information relating to training etc?
TommehR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I noticed that. I was looking to see how many placements they had but they seem to have got rid of everything. Seems a bit odd to me.
m1kes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes; slightly frustrating for the interview; re: research.

EDIT: Seems you can access it via: http://weil.com/wgm/pages/Controller.jsp?z=a&sz=0# and 'Careers'.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey people! I'm about to send of my app for the vac scheme but I'm stuck on one last question that I'd like assistance on - appreciate any response .

"Please note any specific questions you would like answered at interview.
(2048 characters / 300 words max)"

I don't really have a question for them in mind, and I know that leaving the box empty would be a huge mistake. I know i should certainly put something in there, but what?

Any ideas for a good question? Those who have already applied would probably be more informed, but any response would be helpful.
Juneau
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I left it blank. I just asked questions at the interview and they didn't seem to mind at all.
TommehR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure that there is any overwhelming imperative to put down questions on the form. As Juneau says, I'm sure they won't mind you asking questions at the interview. Make sure you do have questions that you can ask. It'll look awful if you get to the end of the interview and they ask if you have any questions, and you don't. Shows that you're not particularly interested or curious about the firm. The guys that I had specifically said that their website wasn't as good as it could be so they're obviously expecting you to want answers to questions that you've got from your research.

On my form I asked about the future direction of the firm (i.e. is it going to stay corporate/private equity focused or are there plans for expansion, and what opportunities there are for doing pro bono work as a trainee. Then at interview, one of the guys had been part of the private equity team that had came over from Lovells a while back, so I asked how WGM compared to there. They seemed very keen to answer all these questions, and they even tried to answer some questions that I hadn't even raised, but they thought I might be interested in!

Obviously, you're going to have different things that you're interested, so try not to just ask verbatim what I asked. Surely there must be some things that you've come across in your research that make you curious?

Juneau, have you accepted a place? If so, which scheme?
Juneau
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TommehR)

Juneau, have you accepted a place? If so, which scheme?
Yep I've accepted. Will PM you. Have you accepted a place?
TommehR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, accepted a place on the Easter Scheme. So happy. Went into the interview knowing that I definitely wouldn't be to do any Summer Schemes and didn't think that any Easter Scheme would fit into my schedule. So I thought that it would be completely pointless going. Then I had an hour-and-a-half grilling with two Partners which made me even more irritated that I wouldn't be able to go.

Then Jillian (she's so nice!) rang up and gave me the choice of Summer or Easter and told me the Easter dates. I nearly fell over. So yeah. Happy happy happy. What about you?
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Glad to see more TSR people doing stuff with Weil .
TommehR
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your our man on the inside. Well, you definitely influenced me to apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (30)
27.27%
No - I got the required grades (66)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.73%

Watched Threads