The Student Room Group

AQA Psych question - depression

"Biological explanations give us a full and complete explanation of depression" - Discuss. (30 marks).

I'm revising this question for a mock exam this week, and have attempted the question twice. The first time i divided the essay into 8, 100 word paragraphs (covering 2 biological and 2 psychological explanations), and the second time attempting 4, 200 word paragraphs (covering 1 biological explanation and 1psychological). Which way is better? Does covering 4 explanations sacrifice "breadth" over "depth"? Or is either way ok?
Reply 1
8owman
"Biological explanations give us a full and complete explanation of depression" - Discuss. (30 marks).

I'm revising this question for a mock exam this week, and have attempted the question twice. The first time i divided the essay into 8, 100 word paragraphs (covering 2 biological and 2 psychological explanations), and the second time attempting 4, 200 word paragraphs (covering 1 biological explanation and 1psychological). Which way is better? Does covering 4 explanations sacrifice "breadth" over "depth"? Or is either way ok?

Well for an exam I personally think its very difficult to score max marks by using just 1 explanation for each cause you'll show little breadth and its hard to show depth anyway as you've gotta be concise and have revised everything. So I suggest practicing putting as many explanations as possible (i.e. do 2 bio, 2 psych) as you'll just have a much better chance of gaining better marks IMO.

I'm only just starting depression in my A2 work, looks really interesting. Good luck with your work. But btw your username seems really familiar, what others boards do you use?

Latest

Trending

Trending