Can teachers go to your house and force you into school if you are skiving?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
oh_1993
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When I was in Year 9 about to do my SATs exams, the deputy head said that if we don't turn up to school for our SATs then some teachers would go around in a van to take you into school, they would drag you out of bed and bring you in in your nightclothes and that you will look like an idiot. He is not a jokey man, he definitely wanted us to believe it and other teachers backed him up.

When I was in one of the exams the exam invigilator said that there are two people absent, one is in hospital and the other is too far away for the van to go and find him.

Everyone believed that they would because at that age we seemed to think it was legal for teachers to do just about anything except for hit us if it got us to behave.

I realise now that this is ridiculous but is it even legal for them to say that? They were threatening to kidnap us!

Please can some law person tell me if this is legal. Thanks
arbaaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, it is not legal, there is no way a teacher can even enter your house without your permission.
your teacher was lying and taking advantage of the fact that you were all naive year 9's.
najinaji
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did you know they took the word 'gullible' out of the dictionary?
Politricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They can certainly knock on your door and get your parents to force you out.
Polo-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Politricks)
They can certainly knock on your door and get your parents to force you out.
This.

When I bunked off school one day the headmaster knocked on my door and demanded I got into my school uniform and come and get back to school right away, then he drove me back to school
oh_1993
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by najinaji)
Did you know they took the word 'gullible' out of the dictionary?
seriously?
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oh_1993)
seriously?
:rofl: TSR you're too much sometimes :rofl:

I'm sure you're joking
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
they cant, they can get the police to though as its against the law to bunk if i remember rightly
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The only people that can enter your house forcibly are the Police or Customs & Excise. So unless you are spending your time bunking off on importing 100,000 counterfeit DVDs, you're probably OK.
Homebrewstress
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is a forum for people who are studying law and are looking for academic help, post this **** else where.
ilovehobnobs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They can go to the authorities if your under 16 and take your parents to court. If your over 16, they can do sweet FA apart from ring your parents if they care enough to.
alexlduffy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This totally happened to me once. I couldn't be bothered going to school, and suddenly my headmistress burst in through the window wearing a ninja costume and wielding a katana. She held it to my throat while the deputy head tied me up and put a bag over my head. They hit me a few times and next thing I remember I was in Maths learning trigonometry.

I still haven't gotten over it. *sniff*
Uk drill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it legal for a teacher to come to your house with social services and get you to pay a fine just for not going school for 2 weeks ? Please can someone tell me urgently?
SgtReene
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No it is a illegal for them to do that i’m a police Officer
Last edited by SgtReene; 1 year ago
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
7 years olddddd
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Teachers eh? They do like a laugh! The school really must have everybody in to do SATS. That’s why they pretended that the child catcher would get you. 😆
Helena753
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SgtReene)
No it is a illegal for them to do that i’m a police Officer
Hi I saw you are police officer I have questions now it's lockdown my son 10 years old learning in home not online we fillings paper homework, after one week two teachers come my son open door she came to my bed when I was niked shout at my for not wake up and say they have to come tomorrow to check on my son and how many homework he done .I have to open door and proof her my son do in his homework.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helena753)
Hi I saw you are police officer I have questions now it's lockdown my son 10 years old learning in home not online we fillings paper homework, after one week two teachers come my son open door she came to my bed when I was niked shout at my for not wake up and say they have to come tomorrow to check on my son and how many homework he done .I have to open door and proof her my son do in his homework.
By law they can't force you to open your door
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads