Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok so er i need sum help please....i jst went for a spin in my mums car...to my mates...kinda smashed something on the way...my windescreen mirror's now cracked and its kinda hanging out on a wire lol. soudns really bad but i cnat tell my rents twas me...cos ill never get to drive it again...and i cant afford to pay for damage AT ALL...ermm so any excuses? they're out...i dont think i can say...it just appeared. i know this sounds bad but...ne advise ?! lol thank you

ReputationRep:
    the post man must have done it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol well we do get our post pretty late...but not at 6 oclock haha

ReputationRep:
    did they know you went for a spin???

ReputationRep:
    well not as such...but that bit doesnt matter as long as it was not like to go see my bf or nething...somethin productive would be alrite

ReputationRep:
    say you parked on the road while you went in the shop and some idiot must have done it on purpose or hit your car with theirs then driven off?

ReputationRep:
    You clip it back in. I did exactly the same thing but got my mate's dad who was a mechanic to just pop it back in. Someone then leaned on it a week later and popped it out again, this time I knew how to fix it. Is it electronic or manual? That method may only work for manual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    say you parked on the road while you went in the shop and some idiot must have done it on purpose or hit your car with theirs then driven off?
    i guess but its the left mirror would have been some weird parkin to be hit on the left..

(Original post by HungryLikeTheWolf)
    You clip it back in. I did exactly the same thing but got my mate's dad who was a mechanic to just pop it back in. Someone then leaned on it a week later and popped it out again, this time I knew how to fix it. Is it electronic or manual? That method may only work for manual.
    its electronic...i thought i'd be able to click it back in...but theres no like holes for it to go into...its really weird!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybaby99)
    its electronic...i thought i'd be able to click it back in...but theres no like holes for it to go into...its really weird!?
    *Nelson voice*
    HA HA Take it to a garage or enlist the help of mechanic friends.

ReputationRep:
    *Nelson voice*
    HA HA Take it to a garage or enlist the help of mechanic friends.
    *sigh*...cant do either of those.

think i may just dump the car in a ditch...when my rents get back like 'where did the car go?'...i'll say, 'what car?!'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybaby99)
    *sigh*...cant do either of those.

think i may just dump the car in a ditch...when my rents get back like 'where did the car go?'...i'll say, 'what car?!'.
    Why can't you do either of those?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you do either of those?
    dont have any mechanic friends lol and have bout half hour till my rents get bakc...not really time for a garage trip...which i would have thought would be shut by now anyways

ReputationRep:
    check your/your folks' insurance. If they're fully comprehensive then it usually comes with glass replacement service where for £50 they'll replace any glass on your vehicle.

edit- long day. Windshield mirror then. Internal one or one of the wing mirrors?

If its a wing mirror- go to halfords and get replacement glass for it, sticks over the broken stuff and works okish as a repair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    check your/your folks' insurance. If they're fully comprehensive then it usually comes with glass replacement service where for £50 they'll replace any glass on your vehicle.

edit- long day. Windshield mirror then. Internal one or one of the wing mirrors?

If its a wing mirror- go to halfords and get replacement glass for it, sticks over the broken stuff and works okish as a repair.
    thanks, its a wing mirror, glass idea sounds gd...bt what bout it dangling out of the black thing on a wire?! - 'black thing' lol i have no idea bout cars..

ReputationRep:
    Are you insured to drive that car? ^o) To me, you sound like a stupid boy/girl racer who clearly has as much spatial awareness as a goldfish, who think's they can drive at 50mph round corners with the music pounding out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    And thus demolishing their no claims bonus. I'm sure they'll be VERY happy.

ReputationRep:
    lol i am a girl racer yes...but i'm not stupid actually i was not driving round a corner at the time...and i was not going at 50mph either actually i was just horizontally challenged by lack of space between the walls on either side of me.

and i've already crashed her car so no 'no claims bonus' to worry bout

ReputationRep:
    Mad Vlad- glass replacement doesn't affect your no claims bonus....

ReputationRep:
    Tell them.

ReputationRep:
    Say you hit a pedestrian at a low speed and he ran away...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.