The Student Room Group

Daily Mail: cesspit of BNP supporters and racists. Do you agree or disagree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
they can be v. ignorant like i read an article on a transgendered little boy and then another about his gran... all the top comments were from idiots who don't know what thier talking about and the worst rated comments were from people who actually understood the differece between a transgendered person and a tomboy/feminine boy..

plus SO MANY of the articles are really badly written by people who i doubt even got a GCSE in english... ignoring the grammar and spelling, half the time they don't seem to have a clue on the suject they are writing about nor can they be impartial.. totally biased... i don't know how these people get jobs, maybe the educated people who can actually write all apply to other papers so the Mail ends up with the dregs... who knows.

but the showbiz section is my guilty pleasure mainly for the comments at the bottom!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by callum9999
Of course I don't... If you want to be pedantic then, I refuse to voluntarily associate with BNP supporters. I don't intentionally interact with anyone involved in paedophilia either, but I don't ask everyone I meet if they are one...

Are you? I'm highly judgemental (as you can tell!) - the BNP being "judgemental" isn't really an argument about them I've heard used much. I don't need to know you,that 1 post is all the information I need to come to my personal opinion that you're at least partially morally bankrupt - you're under no obligation to agree with my opinion of yourself so I don't know why you're arguing?

For a more practical example then, what if you had a good friend, then after a year or so you discovered s/he was a BNP supporter? Would you cease all contact with them?
Reply 42
My parents often buy the Daily Mail, they also often buy the Guardian. If they hold even the mildest of xenophobic opinions then I haven't heard them in my 28 years on this planet.

I personally do not read any national papers, they all have somewhat of an agenda. However, what makes me laugh is the paradox of some peoples arguments on here. 'I will stereotype (ad-nauseum), just dont you dare generalise me'.

they can be v. ignorant like i read an article on a transgendered little boy and then another about his gran... all the top comments were from idiots who don't know what thier talking about and the worst rated comments were from people who actually understood the differece between a transgendered person and a tomboy/feminine boy..

plus SO MANY of the articles are really badly written by people who i doubt even got a GCSE in english... ignoring the grammar and spelling, half the time they don't seem to have a clue on the suject they are writing about nor can they be impartial.. totally biased... i don't know how these people get jobs, maybe the educated people who can actually write all apply to other papers so the Mail ends up with the dregs... who knows.

but the showbiz section is my guilty pleasure mainly for the comments at the bottom

You clearly have. If you got a GCSE in English then I despair.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Disagree.. I am black and I read daily mail.it's my latest addiction:smile:
Daily mail is not a very PC newspaper.
I mainly read it on-line!

oops havent been on daily mail today:eek:.. need to get my daily fix:tongue:
The Daily Mail is more aimed at the UKIP demographic i.e old ****ers in Bucks:wink:
Reply 45
Britain is a racist nation, forget the BNP. The attitude towards ethnic minorities of white Brits is quite sick tbh. I think white Brits would be very happy to see Blacks and Asians get kicked out when a British Nazi party comes into power.
You should see the most liked comments on a story of Elton John and his baby son. These people were disgusted by two men bringing up a baby but couldn't care less about the kids in care. They have their priorities all backwards.
Reply 47
daily mail readers, the great unwashed of the uk... its quite amusing on all these muslim bashing, pro death etc threads they all without exception seem to be backed up with DM articles ...
Reply 48
Original post by cl_steele
daily mail readers, the great unwashed of the uk... its quite amusing on all these muslim bashing, pro death etc threads they all without exception seem to be backed up with DM articles ...

But ridiculing the victims of child sex abuse, is a highly morally superior pursuit perpetrated by really decent mature individuals isn't it?!
Reply 49
Original post by DanRBlake
But ridiculing the victims of child sex abuse, is a highly morally superior pursuit perpetrated by really decent mature individuals isn't it?!

do you know something i don't? i don't recall 'ridiculing the victims of child sex abuse' grow up post something relevant in future and **** off.
Reply 50
No. Not every single reader. But they're run by Murdoch so anybody who reads them can smd.
Reply 51
I think this is deeply unfair to the Daily Mail - they cater to a diverse and representative selection of bigots of all flavours, not just racists and xenophobes.
The 40-year-old said that Mr Griffin flashed at her after they ate a takeaway together in her vehicle.

Claudia - also known as Claudia Bryan - told the Daily Star Sunday that the married father-of-four pulled his trousers down after they finished the meal.

She got out of her Jeep to throw away the rubbish to find the leader had partially undressed himself.

'I came back and found Nick Griffin with his... trousers down by his knees. I was shocked and asked him what he was doing,' she said.

'I was disgusted. He was excited. I ordered him out of the car. He is a sex pest.'

:lol: The idea of Nick Griffin dropping his trousers and showing her his goer-balls rather amuses me, as well as disgusting me.
Original post by cgraham15
we have freedom of speech, people can be racist if they want. Personally, it is not a bad newspaper, although I read anything.

If you think this country has free speech you are deluded.
When you say "Daily Mail readership" do you mean people that actually buy the paper, or people that read their articles online. It takes a bit more loyalty and commitment to pay for it than read it for free, there will be lots of people from all different political persuasions that read various newspapers for free online and wouldn't class themselves as being a 'reader' of that newspaper.

If you are judging a readership by the comments posted online also that will be warped, the racist brigade are much more active online. They go on stuff like YouTube and post racist stuff everywhere, under lots of music videos there are race rants. It doesn't mean YouTube users are all racist.

The DM has a credibility problem in that most of the time if someone links an article from it on a web forum everybody says "the Mail LOL", its hard to be taken seriously as a source of credible reporting when they hire photographers to take photos up female celebrities' skirts when they are getting out of taxis so they can run stories on what colour underwear they were wearing.
The football coverage is all right, so you've got a bunch of people who read it just for that and avoid the political pages like the plague.
Reply 56
Original post by Darkphilosopher
The sun is worse tbh.

Totally agree with that. The Sun is just ridiculous. As for The Express it makes the Daily Mail look left wing and sensible!
Reply 57
Original post by TCD23
The football coverage is all right, so you've got a bunch of people who read it just for that and avoid the political pages like the plague.

It does a great 'animal' story every day too. Its funny but I'd rather read the mail on-line, (its kind of like a mad magazine.... not meant to be treated seriously, a piece of entertainment) than The Telegraph whose readership seem postively mad!!!
Reply 58
(edited 8 years ago)
I like to think of the Daily Mail as a "gateway paper". It's not racist in itself but some of its articles are pretty xenophobic. Thus, prolonged exposure to it without scepticism can lead the reader to in turn become more and more xenophobic to the point where he/she starts reading racist material.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending