The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah lol that was me on my lonesome!! Were you at 2, or earlier?? What did you look like??

Lol I was just about to say how jealous I was off you- that trip sounds amazing! I mean, i'm sooooo glad i've got in but it would have been brill to have a chill out year and see the world!! Theres still time to here something, and even if you don't you can go in next year after living a bit!!
Reply 21
Which Uni - Nottingham
Why you chose it - Because it's new, it's exciting, resources are fab, reputation is great, and I belive the review they carried out of the other courses/unis before establishing theirs can only serve to make Nottingham the best course on offer!
When you got the offer - Feb
Are you a post grad or undergradundergrad - got a BSc (Hons)
This year or deffered entry - This year! :biggrin:

I was at two aswell, I was with my dad and have straight blonde hair that I had up, and I had baggy black trousers on! Can you remember me?!

Didn't that boy that was showing us around annoy you? He was slagging off all the other vet schools and just saying how great Liverpool is - which it probably is - but he doesn't have to be so negative about the others. I still haven't heard anything, oh yeah, I'm sure we were at the same Nottingham interview aswell, have you been rung up by Gary yet?
Reply 23
Which Uni: Liverpool
Why you chose it: I really could not choose between liverpool and edinburgh, but since liverpool gave me higher offer conditions, it just makes sense to put it as my firm choice and edinburgh as my insurance :smile:
When you got the offer: late January i think
Are you a post grad or not: UG
This year or deffered entry: 2006 entry
nina_100
*eyes the chit chatterers* :p:

hmm you seem to be contributiing quite a bit to that aswell! :wink:
Reply 25
Hettie
Which Uni - Nottingham
Why you chose it - Because it's new, it's exciting, resources are fab, reputation is great,

It doesn't have a reputation within the profession at all atm
Hawk

The university itself however, has a very good reputation right around the world.
The university itself however, has a very good reputation right around the world{/QUOTE]
v true :smile: Nottingham is great at everything already - and it's Medical course is top notch, so it's the perfect place for a new vet school - I can't wait to get started!!!

(Nottingham is my 1st Choice by the way :wink:)
Reply 28

That’s a bit pedantic…:wink: No it doesn’t have a reputation within the profession, but it does have a very good rep for everything else! ..So in my optimism it stands to reason that they are hardly going to do a worse job with this course with all the expertise already in place:smile:
Reply 29
fairy princess
hmm you seem to be contributiing quite a bit to that aswell! :wink:

Lol I gave up- everyone can feel free to chat :biggrin: as they already are doing...

JoR
I was at two aswell, I was with my dad and have straight blonde hair that I had up, and I had baggy black trousers on! Can you remember me?!

Didn't that boy that was showing us around annoy you? He was slagging off all the other vet schools and just saying how great Liverpool is - which it probably is - but he doesn't have to be so negative about the others. I still haven't heard anything, oh yeah, I'm sure we were at the same Nottingham interview aswell, have you been rung up by Gary yet?

Not heard from Notti at all yet :rolleyes: have you??? I think can I remember you but its all one big blur now lol I was soo nervous!! Yeah- the guy who did the 1st tour that I went on was even worse lol!! He made everywhere else sound like hell!! I suppose everyone loves the uni there at (with a few exceptions) and want everyone to love it too- they're not going to be singing everywhere elses praises!!! Have you heard anything yet??
does it count that i voted and am all ready here!!
Reply 31
:eek: you've destroyed the whole system :p: naaah, current vetties vote tooo!!
Which Uni: RVC :smile:
Why you chose it: Well first of all because it's the only place which has given me an offer! (apart from Nottingham which hasn't answered yet...) But I'm really pleased, and I'll choose the RVC anyway, because I really liked the place and the people were really really friendly... and I overheard some students speaking French (yay I'm not the only one!!) .. and living in London must be marvellous!!!! :biggrin:
When you got the offer: 02/03 Unconditional! It's the second time I applied after a failed attempt last year... :rolleyes:
Are you a post grad or not: Undergrad
This year or deffered entry: this year!! can't wait!
Reply 33
outrageous121
The university itself however, has a very good reputation right around the world{/QUOTE]
v true :smile: Nottingham is great at everything already - and it's Medical course is top notch, so it's the perfect place for a new vet school - I can't wait to get started!!!

True, Although Cambridge is a very good university but that certainly doesn't apply to its vet department. Good Luck!
Reply 34
nina_100
- the guy who did the 1st tour that I went on was even worse lol!! He made everywhere else sound like hell!! I suppose everyone loves the uni there at (with a few exceptions) and want everyone to love it too- they're not going to be singing everywhere elses praises!!! QUOTE]

Yep, we love it, live it, breathe it and preach it - for a good reason!!!!!
unfortunatly you were shown round by the reps so they are particularily passionate, but lovely really when you get to know them!
Reply 35
Yeah- they seemed nice!! They made me laugh and took my mind off the interview which was beyond helpful!
Reply 36
leggielass
True, Although Cambridge is a very good university but that certainly doesn't apply to its vet department. Good Luck!

Out of interest what makes you say Cambridge's vet department isn't good?
Reply 37
Cambridge's Vet Department is good, all the UK Vet Schools are, it just doesn't 'dominate' like it does in other subject areas.
Also, I think a couple of years ago the RCVS had some queries with certain areas of course :confused: Maybe not, Just thought I recalled something about that. Either way its still a good course and as valuable as every other UK Vet Degree.
Reply 38
Hey nina, i heard from Nottingham today yay!!! I'm very excited but have the tough decision of choosing between RVC and Nottingham, which one would you choose? Are you def goin to Liverpool? I still haven't heard from them, but don't really mind anymore.. even though its not very nice to be rejected.
Reply 39
oooooh wow they're giving out next lot of offers, but im not really bothered any more, i want to go to liverpool hehe its definitely my first choice

Latest

Trending

Trending