The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

pros and cons of Liverpool(uni of)

Trying to decide between Southampton and Liverpool universities and would really appreciate help making a pros and cons list for Liverpool (the city and the University of) cheers :smile:
Reply 1
I am also making same decision!
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by YogaintheWoods
Trying to decide between Southampton and Liverpool universities and would really appreciate help making a pros and cons list for Liverpool (the city and the University of) cheers :smile:

- It's said to be the cheapest city in the UK along with Belfast
- It's a vibrant city with great nightlife
- 'Redbrick' status university and in the Russell Group (I know Southampton is a member of the Russell Group as well)
- Good transport links

There are many more reasons as well. I have never been to Southampton, so unfortunately I cannot say anything based on that city.
Reply 3
I've decided on Southampton because of the course :smile:
Reply 4
Liverpool = better academically and having visited both cities, better socially too
Whether it has a "better" reputation I don't know. I've never been to southampton as I did my undergrad at UCL and pg at Univ Of Liverpool but Liverpool is FANTASTIC value for money for accommodation, food, transport and nights out, is very safe in the city centre (though there are parts you should avoid, there's equally no reason to really go there).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending