The Labour Party 1906-1914 Watch

sweet_gurl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi,

I have to answer this question on the Labour party, although I can't seem to find enough information on it, and so was hoping that someone will help:

Explain how trade union activity both helped and hindered the emerging Labour Party between 1906 and 1914.

Thank you very much!
JohnStuartMill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Look at the Taff Vale and the Trade Disputes Act, the Osborne Judgment and the Trade Union Act.

Talk about how the Labour party relied on the trade unions for funding (this is linked to Osborne and TU Act) and how a large part of its support came from them as well. But then on the flip side, how when the trade unions became militant (there was a lot of industrial unrest in the period), it didn't do much to help the party cause as they were intrinsically linked to it all so diminished their standing in the eyes of a lot of people.

The title of this sounds greatly familiar so I assume that you are on AQA. Unfortunately I don't have the answer I wrote for this question on this computer so I can't give you a sample answer but the issues I have pointed you towards should provide you with a decent answer. I'd suggest grabbing the textbook or something and looking through at them.
sweet_gurl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thank you ever so much! Yes, I am doing AQA.
JohnStuartMill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, it is the same module as I did last year. Let me know if you have any questions about it. PM or post it up here, pm will definitely get to me though.

What other modules you doing?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise