Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First film you can remember watching Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the first film you can remember going to the cinema to watch?

Mines is Batman and Robin, the one with George Clooney.

I remember going when I was five or six and thinking it was awesome. After watching the Chris Nolan and Tim Burton films I realise how wrong I was and that it isn't really that good. It still better than Batman Forever at least
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I remember seeing Hook in the cinema when I was very young. I found it scary and ended up crying :o:

ReputationRep:
    The first Harry Potter film.

ReputationRep:
    Tarzan :P

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the first film I went to the cinema to watch :-(
    My earliest memory of watching a film at home was watching The Lion King and crying my eyes out at it!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    crikey erm......

I went to see the Little Mermaid about 5 times at the cinema when it came out. I was obsessed. Begged my mam to take me over and over and over. I'd have been 5 I guess as it was a 1989 film.

Also I went to see The Land Before Time at the cinema. That was a 1988 film but dunno if it was released in the UK then, or in 1989. Anyway it would have been one of the earliest I saw.
    I distinctly remember going to school on Monday and the teacher asking us all what we had done over the weekend, and I said I had been to see the land before time, and the teacher kept saying "the LAMB before time? I've never heard of that." I had to bellow LAAAANNNDDDD at her about 12 times before she understood me, and even then she just looked blank.
    Deaf teacher!
    My 4 year old son is obsessed with that film now. I think I've seen it 5 times in the past week lol.

ReputationRep:
    The Adams Family, but mostly because I fell asleep and my mum used to keep reminding me of that.:mmm:

Ghostbusters.

ReputationRep:
    Toy Story

I used to watch it all the time when I was little.

ReputationRep:
    Cinderella!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The land before time! Classic

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember first one but first I think of whenever asked about films is Dirty Harry. If it was to be only film I ever watched I'd be ok with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    crikey erm......

I went to see the Little Mermaid about 5 times at the cinema when it came out. I was obsessed. Begged my mam to take me over and over and over. I'd have been 5 I guess as it was a 1989 film.

Also I went to see The Land Before Time at the cinema. That was a 1988 film but dunno if it was released in the UK then, or in 1989. Anyway it would have been one of the earliest I saw.
    I distinctly remember going to school on Monday and the teacher asking us all what we had done over the weekend, and I said I had been to see the land before time, and the teacher kept saying "the LAMB before time? I've never heard of that." I had to bellow LAAAANNNDDDD at her about 12 times before she understood me, and even then she just looked blank.
    Deaf teacher!
    My 4 year old son is obsessed with that film now. I think I've seen it 5 times in the past week lol.
    I loved that film!

I don't remember going to the cinema when I was that young... I remember going to see a play, sooty and sweep go to space or something. Just checked and that was 1988 - 1995- so I was at the most 6. I was very impressed!

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King - first time I can remember going to the cinema

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King- watched it on repeat according to my mum. Still love it

Name:  tumblr_lzycf1xpMD1qg5e8zo1_500.gif
Views: 60
Size:  498.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Mary Poppins. I can remember when they danced like penguins. I must have been really wee, like 3 or 4 because my dad still lived with me.

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing Thumbelina when I was very young, apparently that came out in 1994 so I was 2 years old...after that probably the Disney cartoon version of Hercules which is 1997. I definitely remember that one because we played the game of it at primary school after it came out!

ReputationRep:
    cant remenber the first one in a cinema, think it could have been batman and robin, it was one of the first ones anyway, watched it when i was on holiday with my mum and my sister, and mum only took us cos she fancies george clooney and it was raining.

the first film i ever watched was the bfg, which terrified me - the bloodbottler is scary when youre 2 years old, but i watched it pretty much every week as i loved it and still have the original video it was recorded on (with the snowman on the end, which i found boring, and when adverts were actually pretty good), its still my fave film as its got huge sentimental value to it. the second film i remember watching was fantasia, my dad loved it and put a huge film poster from it on my bedroom wall (think thats where my love of elephants came from, that and dumbos pink elephants).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.