Turn on thread page Beta

Hair Straighteners watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What would you recommend I get? I have a really rubbish pair of metal plated straighteners - and are really really rubbish. I dont want to spend too much on them - thinking a max of about £30-£35.

ReputationRep:
    remington power ceramic!! you can get them on ebay for about £20 and they are better than ghd.

i have both kinds and prefer my cheapie ones!

ReputationRep:
    Remingtons. Without doubt.

I have 2x protection Teflon coated ones. Any will do though, they're all good.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. xx

ReputationRep:
    I use GHD straighteners, they are honestly the best thing I've ever bought (as sad an vain as that sounds)
    but they're £99.. ouch

ReputationRep:
    Remington Sleek & Curl, 3x protection. They are the business and come in a lovely velour box

*straightens hair*

ReputationRep:
    ... oh and theyre £35

ReputationRep:
    I say save up the money for the ghds they last a long time dnt break well ive dropped mine a million times and are verstile because as well as straightening you can do waves and you can do curls lovely!

ReputationRep:
    GHDs are the best ones, but theyre expensive. remington ones are good, but dont last that long. have a look in wilkinson i saw some remington ones in there for £20 the other day, and i think theyve got some on offer in boots. i havent even had my remington ones for a year and the ceramic coating is already starting to come of. ive also had a couple of people tell me that their ones have blown up, which is scary!

ReputationRep:
    Sob! I just noticed this thread and so thought I'd share. My hair straighteners have...broken!*gasps* My mum borrowed them and dropped them...now I have to go around with (horror of all horrors) unstraightened hair! :eek: They were nice Remmington wet2straight ones as well!
    From the sounds of it i'd best replace them with the ghds Bambi was talking about if they don't break easily!
    ( BTW- I wouldn't really recommend the wet2straight, although they are fab on dry hair they just take far to long on wet hair, and I'm not 100% convinced that they don't damage it...)

ReputationRep:
    The thread starter clearly says £30 - £35, and the GHD nuts still leave their mark. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't buy anything under £80 for straighters otherwise you will be disapointed,

3 letters i have to say

G H D amazing my fave, expensive mine were £105 but they are worth it if you want to look nice

ReputationRep:
    I got some hair straighteners made at the same factory as GHD but they're called SHE and they work wonders on my hair which is naturally very curly. You can buy them of eBay and they cost about £27 including p&p.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl afraid)
    Remingtons. Without doubt.

I have 2x protection Teflon coated ones. Any will do though, they're all good.
    Those hair straighteners are diabolical. In the space of about a year and a half I had three. Seriously they're good at first but then they deteriorate. I had to keep taking the receipt back and get new ones!!! Remingtons is not that good quality and they'e bulky and eugh.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have the money to save for GHDs - If I could I would, but at the moment my bank balance is looking thin on the ground and I really really need to buy some new ones...

ReputationRep:
    wait till you have saved for GHDS they are worth the wait

ReputationRep:
    You can also get some by Thermo Tools, I had some of them before I got my GHDS, they are a lot cheaper than GHDs but get just as hot with ceramic plates, (between £30- £50 depending on where you get them from), I got mine off ebay.

For quality & durability though, you wont beat GHD or Kodo Im afraid.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, seems to be a mixed debate between remingtons and ghds

i prefer my remingtons, and have had them for years without a problem. a few of my friends ghds blew up though! and i dont like them as much so they never get used!

more expensive, is not neccesarily better quality

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to spend £100 on a pair of hair straighteners...I dont use them much, so it would be a waste of money. And it would be nice if I get a pair that dont cost too much and will mean that my hair stays straight for more than a day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Root)
    Those hair straighteners are diabolical. In the space of about a year and a half I had three. Seriously they're good at first but then they deteriorate. I had to keep taking the receipt back and get new ones!!! Remingtons is not that good quality and they'e bulky and eugh.
    They have a 3 year warrenty. Dunno where my reciept is, but they'll certainly be going back if they fail.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.