The Student Room Group

Homeland

... living a lie to follow a truth that is esteemed greater.

I was thinking that many people do a version of that in their jobs or relationships or religion, what do you think?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/homeland
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I finished watching season 1 today, it was awesome! This series doesn't get better every episode but more like every 20 minutes.
Reply 2
Original post by arnoob
I finished watching season 1 today, it was awesome! This series doesn't get better every episode but more like every 20 minutes.
Nice, but this thread isn't about how good people think the program is, it's about whether you see the bahaviour in real life?
Reply 3
I liked the first episode but I'm beginning to feel it's going to drag a bit and end up a bit like Lost where they just make it up as they go along and you'll never find out if he is a terrorist or not. Might watch episode 3 to see if it improves.

Plus how is that ginger guys wife so hot? Firstly he's a soldier and soldiers don't have fit wives. Mostly they have chav wives. And secondly she is supposed to be a mother but the actress who plays her looks about 18 and has no sign of having pushed out a baby. whassupwithat?
Reply 4
Original post by noobynoo
I liked the first episode but I'm beginning to feel it's going to drag a bit and end up a bit like Lost where they just make it up as they go along and you'll never find out if he is a terrorist or not. Might watch episode 3 to see if it improves....

Nice, but this thread isn't about how good people think the program is, it's about whether you see the bahaviour in real life?
If you name a thread 'Homeland', people are just going to post about the show. :wink:
I liked the first episode but I'm beginning to feel it's going to drag a bit and end up a bit like Lost where they just make it up as they go along and you'll never find out if he is a terrorist or not. Might watch episode 3 to see if it improves.

Plus how is that ginger guys wife so hot? Firstly he's a soldier and soldiers don't have fit wives. Mostly they have chav wives. And secondly she is supposed to be a mother but the actress who plays her looks about 18 and has no sign of having pushed out a baby. whassupwithat?

I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes but I've wondered if it will end up dragged out like Lost, I hope not though as I will totally end up just losing interest.
Reply 7
Original post by Iain 815
If you name a thread 'Homeland', people are just going to post about the show. :wink:
It appears so.
People like to air their thoughts more than they like to listen.

Maybe it's cos it's late at night?

We'll see how the morning crew do ...
Maybe you should start a thread entitled "living a lie to follow an esteemed truth that is greater" and see how far it gets.

As for the show, I watched the entire season in a little over a day last week. It's brilliant and I don't think it is about living a lie to follow an esteemed truth that is greater. Whatever that means. I think it's more about living a life that you believe is the best way to live your life because you are/have been conditioned to think that way by other people/ experiences?
Original post by sarahlousie
I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes but I've wondered if it will end up dragged out like Lost, I hope not though as I will totally end up just losing interest.

This is TV. It gets dragged out as long as their is a willing audience. :wink: I think there will be a willing audience for another season at least.
Reply 10
Don't want to spoil it for anyone but this show does not drag. There are some really cool plot twists and edge of the seat moments.
Original post by NJA

Sorry I just got carried away
you'll never find out if he is a terrorist or not. Might watch episode 3 to see if it improves.

You do find out whether he is a terrorist or not... continue watching it, it gets very interesting.
Watched the final episode of the season today. I won't say much but I love how the line between the good guys and bad guys gets more and more blurred as time goes on. Though some of the nudity seems a little unnecessary (other than to increase ratings).

Spoiler

[video="youtube;Q_ShTHAoPYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ShTHAoPYY[/video][video="youtube;Yr4cwsiyYbQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr4cwsiyYbQ[/video]

Just under 4 weeks. So excited!
Original post by cowsforsale
[video="youtube;Q_ShTHAoPYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ShTHAoPYY[/video][video="youtube;Yr4cwsiyYbQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr4cwsiyYbQ[/video]

Just under 4 weeks. So excited!

Same here!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
I'm surprised this show doesn't have a more popular thread (unless I've missed it), or even one that was intended to be about the programme XD Perhaps it's to do with everyone bingeing like me (it is very good) on the whole series at once so there's no time for discussion :tongue:

Perhaps there will be more people tomorrow :wink: Channel 4 are showing it next Sunday so some might prefer to wait.
Reply 17
Can someone please tell me exactly when Claire Danes turned into Katee Sackhoff?

129127001800520406.jpg
Reply 18
Original post by Clip
Can someone please tell me exactly when Claire Danes turned into Katee Sackhoff?

129127001800520406.jpg

I dunno but it's my dream to share a hot tub with both of them.:biggrin:

I can't wait for series 2 myself. I am just worried it will have to resort to a ridiculous plot. Series 1 kind of reached the end of a natural story until he decided NOT to blow himself up.
Reply 19
Original post by snozzle
I dunno but it's my dream to share a hot tub with both of them.:biggrin:

I can't wait for series 2 myself. I am just worried it will have to resort to a ridiculous plot. Series 1 kind of reached the end of a natural story until he decided NOT to blow himself up.

Yeah, could get too political. Although that did work to some extent for The Wire. I'm not entirely convinced the political angle makes sense for Nazir, Brody's going to inspire a lot more public support for invading [insert Muslim country] and is going to be largely ineffectual at manipulating government policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending