Turn on thread page Beta

News watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I just heard about it through word of mouth so i havn't seen it or anything, sorry.
    Anyway I think if there were the channels which report only good news they would not bankrupt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose-Red)
    Anyway I think if there were the channels which report only good news they would not bankrupt
    Its already happened lol.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by that?
    It means the size, i.e. if a large number of people have died, it will get reported. It's a media studies term.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've noticed that television, radio or newspapers are full of bad news. There is even more bad news that the good ones. The thing is that editors decide what to broadcast. I wonder what factors influence their decisions. Do these "bad news" affect us somehow?
    They tell it how it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Its already happened lol.
    yes, but I meant, if there were only such kind of channels, you would watch them anyway. But certainly, to inform people about the disasters happening in the word is necessary.
    On the other hand, I felt really safe here in London, but after watching News about raped and killed girls, Im really afraid of going somewhere in the evening alone, especially to the dance classes I'm attending

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.