Turn on thread page Beta

New Coalition Hornets Nest watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Fighting to build a country that's fight to destroy itself.

Is this a product of groups finally being able to speak out against one another without tyranny?

Is to much built up tension of the current war?

Are civilizations in the Middle East incapable of democracy because of intolerance? Or, possibly because they aren’t advanced socially enough to comprehend a democratic system?

It reminds me of dog fighting here in the States. I don’t know if they do this in Europe, but men train dogs, from a very young age to be violent. Then, in illegal underground pits, the match their dog(s) against another dog(s) and they fight to the death.

It’s like these two cultures have been pent up for so long with so much tension, that now that they are no longer bound by Saddam’s regime, they are just lashing out at the chance. I understand pride. I understand prejudice. I understand a hatred for the Western world. But, these attacks aren’t small groups of extremists. This is entire sects we’re talking about here waging a civil war against each other.

Maybe it’s the old, the same group Saddam ordinated from, lashing out at the new in fear of losing the control they once had as shown in the recent elections?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.