The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

while i believe that everything no matter how awful it may seem happens for a reason.i also believe that we do sometimes need to give fate a hand and put things in the right direction!
I believe in fate. But it's not anyone I know at the moment. I'm pretty sure of it.
pumpkin7
ah there is more than one person for everyone..

i agree, while the whole soulmates things is a nice idea its surely statistically impossible given the number of people who have supposedly met their soul mate. i think us singletons should take comfort in the fact there's more than one person who will make us as happy as larry
Reply 23
Serendipity is a cute movie
Reply 24
i believe there are people who you are extremely compatable with...i find the idea that there is one guy out there for me a little depressing.
Reply 25
LoveMusic
Serendipity is a cute movie

Apart from Kate Beckinsale.

On the subject of fate, I read an article in a newspaper once about a woman who really liked a guy at her workplace, but was too shy to make a move. Her name was Linda, I think. The guy fancied her too but was unsure of her feelings since she was so reserved. Then, for some reason he had to leave the workplace to go somewhere else. Can't remember all the details since its a while since I've read it but to make a long story short another woman sent him an anonymous valentine card. He presumed wrongly that it was Linda who sent it to him and so got in touch with her. They're now married. Could it be fate?

p.s. I'm pretty sure I read this in the Daily Mail. They always have these articles based on real life.
Reply 26
LoveMusic
What if you already knew the person you were meant to be with, and they got away?

Do you think fate would keep you meeting or would you just
not see them ever again?

I kind of believe in fate and "everything happens for a reason" gets me through the day. even if u cant see it straight away you realise that "oh yeh thats why this happened" I think me and my boyfriend were brought together by fate :smile:
Reply 27
Koop
Apart from Kate Beckinsale.

On the subject of fate, I read an article in a newspaper once about a woman who really liked a guy at her workplace, but was too shy to make a move. Her name was Linda, I think. The guy fancied her too but was unsure of her feelings since she was so reserved. Then, for some reason he had to leave the workplace to go somewhere else. Can't remember all the details since its a while since I've read it but to make a long story short another woman sent him an anonymous valentine card. He presumed wrongly that it was Linda who sent it to him and so got in touch with her. They're now married. Could it be fate?

p.s. I'm pretty sure I read this in the Daily Mail. They always have these articles based on real life.

Woah, thats some story.

But as i am coming to realise, what can be romanticised, and seen as 'fate' is just a lucky escape. My recent blast from the past experience was a let down

Latest

Trending

Trending