A Bangladeshi and Pakistani couple. Any hope?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Please keep anon as she may be on TSR.

Is there any chance of a Bangladeshi guy ending up with a Pakistani girl? We're very similar types of people: same religion, very similar culture and language but we're still different nonetheless.

Obviously each family is different but what are your experiences of it? Any of your family members or friends you know?
Anonymous #1
Anyone?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why should "race" matter...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AvatarMew)
Why should "race" matter...
In our cultue it does unfortunately.
Zoya Khan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a Bangladeshi friend who has a Pakistani girlfriend and they are still keeping it a secret from their families. She is not on TSR so I know you're not him! I don't know how the story goes from here but as far as I can see, there are problems. Lots of them, regarding family and acceptance of each other's races. Maybe if your families are more open minded, it could work well. Sometimes, the most open minded people can become stubborn when mixed marriages come up. I know how the culture, religion and lifestyle is so similar but I don't know why it really matters what country you're from. Both usually also speak Urdu and watch Bollywood and all! I think Pakistani and Bangladeshi families can mingle very easily and comfortably. Let's see how this rolls to see how the stories end
I hope for the best!
cakefish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We're all human.

Racial stereotypes should go the way of the Dodo (preferably in exchange for living Dodos).

I see no problems in mixed-race relationships at all. Go for it
Zoya Khan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You know, but in Asian cultures, it's the binding of two families, not just two people and if two people get married without the family's consent or agreement, they face a lot of problems. Not that they can't make through it successfully or it's not possible. It's possible for them to have a happy life together but it's not that straight forward either.
noturhabibti
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yooo how did it end up? also, im pakistani and my bf is bengali. we just hoping it workss
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Yeah it can work but depends on your families views really. Between you two it’s not likely to be an issue since I’m assuming you both speak english and have similar mindsets

Theres no point getting together if your families wont approve when you plan to get married and you’re not willing to fight for it
noturhabibti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah it can work but depends on your families views really. Between you two it’s not likely to be an issue since I’m assuming you both speak english and have similar mindsets

Theres no point getting together if your families wont approve when you plan to get married and you’re not willing to fight for it
hmmm but he's better than all the pakistani boys i've met and i'm sure something can work if we push it
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aitch20)
hmmm but he's better than all the pakistani boys i've met and i'm sure something can work if we push it
Then yeah it can work. Good luck
noturhabibti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Then yeah it can work. Good luck
thanks man, inshallah it works
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I know quite a few bengalis with Pakistanis and my aunt is one of them she’s bengali and married a Pakistani I guess it worked out bc he was religious and her fams religious too and yk how in Islam your allowed to marry any race and also my friends brother who is bengali is married to a Pakistani so yeh it does work out but depends on ur fam
noturhabibti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know quite a few bengalis with Pakistanis and my aunt is one of them she’s bengali and married a Pakistani I guess it worked out bc he was religious and her fams religious too and yk how in Islam your allowed to marry any race and also my friends brother who is bengali is married to a Pakistani so yeh it does work out but depends on ur fam
all i can do is pray for it really
Jazmin0805
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am Bengali and I am trying to convince my parents to accept my Pakistani partner. His family have accepted me but mine haven’t. Like most Asian parents, it all lies under them being worried about what people will say and people talking about the family and unfortunately a lot of parents put what other people think over their own child’s happiness. But saying that a lot of Asians now marry into different cultures and to be honest I don’t think anyone cares. I have close family who have married Pakistanis, Indians, White and Black and their spouses have all been accepted into the family but it seems with my parents, they just can’t accept their own daughter doing the same.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads