The Student Room Group

Can't Connect to Ford Audio Bluetooth

Hello there,

Just bought a 2006 Ford Focus mk II Ghia, and am having a bit of trouble setting up the bluetooth on the CD6000 on my phone.

I've turned on the bluetooth on both my phone and the audio device, but when I conduct a search on my phone it doesn't find anything, and supposedly it should be finding something named "Ford Audio".

I've also tried it with my girlfriend's phone to rule out the notion that it's the phone that's at fault, so it would appear to be the audio player itself.

I'm not entirely sure that the car DOES have bluetooth capability - there's nothing in the manual about it (but it's just a general Ford Focus manual) and it wasn't listed as a feature on the dealer's website where I bought the car.

However, it does have what appears to be a microphone built in where the map lights are, and of course, the option to turn bluetooth on or off on the audio system.

Anybody have any ideas?
Yeah my parents' Ford Focus (2006) seems to have the same, but I've never been able to get it to work.
Reply 2
Original post by fruit_n_veg
Yeah my parents' Ford Focus (2006) seems to have the same, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I've been told on another forum that if there's no "voice" button on the wee audio control stalk mounted on the steering column, then a bluetooth device is not actually fitted...

But with the speaker/mic fitted and the setting on the audio, it can't be too expensive or difficult to fit one aftermarket.
Original post by oo00oo
I've been told on another forum that if there's no "voice" button on the wee audio control stalk mounted on the steering column, then a bluetooth device is not actually fitted...

But with the speaker/mic fitted and the setting on the audio, it can't be too expensive or difficult to fit one aftermarket.

My Parents' Focus actually has a phone button on the radio unit itself - and it's hardly ever just a case of fitting a switch unfortunately! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by fruit_n_veg
My Parents' Focus actually has a phone button on the radio unit itself - and it's hardly ever just a case of fitting a switch unfortunately! :frown:

Mine does too. It also has the little mic/speaker hole and obviously the option to turn BT on. Don't know if that necessarily means that it's all factory fitted and ready to go. Probably means it's an optional extra and all the cars come prepped to fit it with ease.
Original post by oo00oo
Hello there,

Just bought a 2006 Ford Focus mk II Ghia, and am having a bit of trouble setting up the bluetooth on the CD6000 on my phone.

I've turned on the bluetooth on both my phone and the audio device, but when I conduct a search on my phone it doesn't find anything, and supposedly it should be finding something named "Ford Audio".

I've also tried it with my girlfriend's phone to rule out the notion that it's the phone that's at fault, so it would appear to be the audio player itself.

I'm not entirely sure that the car DOES have bluetooth capability - there's nothing in the manual about it (but it's just a general Ford Focus manual) and it wasn't listed as a feature on the dealer's website where I bought the car.

However, it does have what appears to be a microphone built in where the map lights are, and of course, the option to turn bluetooth on or off on the audio system.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi there,

1. Double check that your car DOES have a factory fitted radio with bluetooth connectivity; the "microphone" that you are mentioning is probably (although there is a SLIGHT) chance I could be wrong, a temperature/humidity sensor.

I have a feeling that it was only the Titanium model in the 2006 generation MKII which added the Sony CD player.

2. Have you turned your phone on to discoverable mode in the bluetooth settings? Which phone do you have?

There is a list of guaranteed compatible phones here published by Ford.
Reply 6
Hi i have same probles with this my focus is a 57 and cant pair my phone or find my stereo on my phone
I know this is an old thread but I’ve had issues with a 63 plate focus in the past and fast forward to a 65 plate Kuga and bang the same issue has haunted me again only this time I knew the solution.The problem: phone connected and working fine for phone calls and streaming music...then phone disconnected audio streaming but phone calls still worked. The next time I went in my car the phone would not connect even though it was in Sync’s device list. It’s almost like the system gets confused if one of the services (audio streaming or phone function) disconnects but the other one stays connected. Sync becomes corrupt.The solution: master reset through Sync will not do...you need to remove the fuse from the fuse board. In my case (Ford Kuga Titanium X 65 plate) it was under the glove compartment fuse F67 - 7.5amp - Sync module. Turn the ignition off, remove the fuse, confirm entertainment system is dead by trying to switch it on using the power button, insert the fuse again, turn Sync on and it will initialise, proceed to add your device again....I hope this helps someone!
Peter _Leeds is right. I have 09 Mondeo and the bluetooth stopped working. I tried a few phones and determined it was the radio itself. I disconnected the battery for 10 mins and re connected. I was prompted for the radio code so make sure you have it and bingo all working again
Original post by David_Dangerous
Peter _Leeds is right. I have 09 Mondeo and the bluetooth stopped working. I tried a few phones and determined it was the radio itself. I disconnected the battery for 10 mins and re connected. I was prompted for the radio code so make sure you have it and bingo all working again

This thread is 7 years old... Please check thread dates in future.

Thread closed.

Latest