Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Pwc London Assurance 2012 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who's in?

Would be awesome if we got a group sorted on facebook or something.

ReputationRep:
    I am, joining in April. Weren't you invited to join the Embark application on Facebook...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunned)
    I am, joining in April. Weren't you invited to join the Embark application on Facebook...?
    No how do I get involved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Regent)
    No how do I get involved?
    Are you joining in April? If so, I imagine you should have been sent an e-mail by PwC Recruitment with a link inviting you to use the app, along with a unique activation code. Maybe if you're in the September intake they do it later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunned)
    Are you joining in April? If so, I imagine you should have been sent an e-mail by PwC Recruitment with a link inviting you to use the app, along with a unique activation code. Maybe if you're in the September intake they do it later?
    Is it true you get a blackberry and laptop when you start?

ReputationRep:
    You dont get a Blackberry but everyone gets a laptop. It will be chained to you for 3 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samtheman1)
    You dont get a Blackberry but everyone gets a laptop. It will be chained to you for 3 years!
    Is this the case everywhere? Its just that I read they give blackberries to people who spend a lot of their time out the office (which is us for the fist 3 years).

ReputationRep:
    Is this the case everywhere? Its just that I read they give blackberries to people who spend a lot of their time out the office (which is us for the fist 3 years).
    A quick search clears this up Blackberry's can be applied for by managers and automatic for partners. Anyone below manager can apply for a company phone (probably not a Blackberry), but that is based on a need basis. For £25 a month though, I am sure most people could afford their own!

ReputationRep:
    Managers and above only, get a Blackberry. If you need a mobile for work purposes below manager, then I believe you can get a very basic Nokia.

Your laptop is not chained to you for 3 years, but 2.5 years, as every 2.5 years your laptop is replaced with a new one.

ReputationRep:
    Any advice or tips for the recruitment process guys?? I have an interview next week and I am looking forward to getting it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxcdotdxx)
    Any advice or tips for the recruitment process guys?? I have an interview next week and I am looking forward to getting it over and done with.
    1st round or partner? Wikijobs seems to be well supported in this either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np_desi)
    Managers and above only, get a Blackberry. If you need a mobile for work purposes below manager, then I believe you can get a very basic Nokia.

Your laptop is not chained to you for 3 years, but 2.5 years, as every 2.5 years your laptop is replaced with a new one.
    And then the new one is chained to you isnt it doofus...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how common secondments to other lines of service are?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    1st round,
    There is a lot of info on wikijobs, but things seem a little more recent on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

bit of a stupid question, but where is the best place to look at PwC's current clients? Assurance based?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true you get a blackberry and laptop when you start?
    You get an iphone4s and a laptop at Deloitte

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    You get an iphone4s and a laptop at Deloitte
    For new starters? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Quick question hoping someone could help me which is better and opens door to more opportunities Pension audit OR Risk Assurance at PWC??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonpie72)
    Quick question hoping someone could help me which is better and opens door to more opportunities Pension audit OR Risk Assurance at PWC??
    Risk Assurance I would say. Most grads do audit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoryshinesonus)
    Risk Assurance I would say. Most grads do audit.
    And the reason for that is because it opens more doors.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.