At what age can you no longer say "I'm still young"?

Watch
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What do you class as the age where you can stop saying "I'm still young" as an excuse for not having done things you want to/doing silly things?
+ polarity -
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
When you're dead.
Jamil1987
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Not sure, but my friend always says shes still young. She is nearly 35.
Arekkusu
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Seems it was about 19/20 for me, too early
jfinney94
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Airfairy)
What do you class as the age where you can stop saying "I'm still young" as an excuse for not having done things you want to/doing silly things?
30-40
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
In this day and age, I'd say 25.

I would really love to say 35-40, but realistically speaking, the way that mainstream society will obsess over ever younger 'stars' like Selena Gomez, we'll soon be idolising pre-teens :/
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'd say it's all relative to the particular context you're talking about. At 20, I'd say I'm young for certain stuff, but also way too old for some other certain stuff.

Sorry for being generic I'm just tired.
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
INTJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
It's hard to give a specific age, but I think most people would agree that once you're in your late 20s - early 30s, you're not really considered young anymore. There are also different stages of youth, I think. You have 0-10 (baby/child) 10-16 (child/teenager) 17-24 (young person) 24-27 (young adult) and... from there, around the late 20s-early 30s, I think you're just considered an adult. At that point you'd be considered young if you died, but, while alive, just an adult. It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll always be considered young if you're around older people :P
edd360
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I just forced the words out of my 92 year old grandmas mouth, but the words will still there.

Whey I'm such a smart arse.
Pareidolia
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
It depends entirely on the person, in my opinion.
Cicerao
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jamil1987)
Not sure, but my friend always says shes still young. She is nearly 35.
That is young though IMO.

*not near that age myself*
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
You're only as old as you feel, therefore there is no set age for this.
ROYP
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by edd360)
I just forced the words out of my 92 year old grandmas mouth, but the words will still there.

Whey I'm such a smart arse.
good that your forcing things out of her mouth for a change.

no idea why i said that.
Aspiringlawstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 9 years ago

I like to think of life as having three principal segments;

0-30 = young
30-60 = middle aged
60-90 = old

Above this, very old.
atheistwithfaith
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
4.7 years old.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
When you're dead.
QFT
Megaross
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'm always gonna have a mental age of 6, if I stop finding the word willy funny then shoot me in the face. Don't even ask just point and shoot.
Flan!
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
You're as young as you (personally) feel
TheSownRose
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
When you start asking this question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads