Turn on thread page Beta

Eyeline on top eyelids watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How the hell do you put eyeliner on your top eyelids i cannot do it without sticking the pencil in my eye, it is really annoying cos it looks so pretty i have taken to just putting in on the bottom which is ok, but i would like to be able to put eyeliner on my top eyelids too.

ReputationRep:
    Well I found this article online if it helps:
    http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/ar...R=MAKEUP&ID=42

I wear eyeliner everyday and people always ask me how I do it :p: My main trick is to use a blunter pencil as I find that it's easier to get a straighter line with it and it doesn't look so messy . I think this technique only really works on people that wear heavier eye makeup as it doesn't give such a subtle effect as a sharpened pencil would. Also, it's true that practice makes perfect, as the more you do it the less squeamish you get from applying stuff so close to your eye.

ReputationRep:
    It takes a lot of practice!

Make sure you are relaxed, and preferably have your elbow resting on something, so that it is stable when you are applying.

x

ReputationRep:
    my tip [which alot of my friends do too!]

pull your lid straight and draw along it!! it's so easy to do but took me a while to discover

ReputationRep:
    Yee, do what lazza says, pull your eyelid down as straight as possible and starting near the inside, draw a slow, smooth line as close to your lashes as you can. if you don't want to do it with liquid liner (it smudges really easily and takes practice) you can use pencil on the top too, thats what I do. Just make sure it runs smoothly (try it out on your hand) and is not too blunt and not too sharp. I recommend M.A.C. powerpoint eye pencil.. you can't go wrong with it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a liquid liner fan - and it's true - PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!
    Best tip - Look down into a mirror and do it.

ReputationRep:
    Best tip - Look down into a mirror and do it.
    Uh huh... makes it much more easier!

ReputationRep:
    i find it so much easier to draw a neat line with liquid eyeliner rather than pencil - and it can look less dramatic with liquid, as i find pencil makes a thicker line.

ReputationRep:
    Are you using eye kohl, because thats so much easier than liquid

ReputationRep:
    i normally pull my lid straight as everyone else said, and draw the line. then ill go back and smudge it all with my finger so it looks a bit more natural. you just need to practice, i used to spend hours in front of the mirror putting on make up when i was bored, you learn how to apply things correctly, and what looks good where. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlucyx)
    i find it so much easier to draw a neat line with liquid eyeliner rather than pencil - and it can look less dramatic with liquid, as i find pencil makes a thicker line.
    This is from the girl who "never uses make-up" :p:

ReputationRep:
    well obviously i use it sometimes, but not that often. more lately than before.

ReputationRep:
    You look good with it. Why did you not use it before?

*looks around*

This is sooooooo on topic.

ReputationRep:
    If you use kohl you can also use an eyeliner brush or very thin brush to perfect and flick up the end into a kitten/cleopatra style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Crow)
    How the hell do you put eyeliner on your top eyelids i cannot do it without sticking the pencil in my eye, it is really annoying cos it looks so pretty i have taken to just putting in on the bottom which is ok, but i would like to be able to put eyeliner on my top eyelids too.
    The_Crow, you should consider investing in Revlon's Wet/Dry eyeliner, comes in Brown, Dark Brown (Chocolate?) and Black, plus a few other shades including grey. It's really good! I was recommended it a couple of years ago when I started wearing makeup (I didn't before, was a bit tomboyish shh no telling), because it's easier and prepares you for liquid.

I still use Wet/Dry though more often because it gives a nice smudgy/but not that smudgy look which looks nice IMO. Not too obvious.

Hope that helps too,

DB_XxX

ReputationRep:
    dont use liquid until you get better! use a sharp pencil and steadily shade a line, its really not that hard, if u smudge use a facewipe to remove the unwanted line, good luck

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.