The Student Room Group

Is it possible to study psychology if I've applied to sociology?

Hi,

I have one question I am concerned. I'm interested in studying psychology and sociology and these are the subjects I applied for. Glasgow gave me two conditional offers, but the offer for psychology is too high for me: 36 points. Entry requirement for sociology/arts, media & informatics on the other hand was 34, and therefore I am probably going to firm this offer. I really want to study in the university of Glasgow!!

I am just asking that if I made it to the university next autumn, can I choose to study psychology alongside with sociology/arts, media & informatics, and continue studying eg. psychology and sociology next year, or am I stuck with only sociology? I like sociology as well, but I prefer psychology to be honest and would like to do them both, so that eventually I would get a degree of joint honour of psychology/sociology or something...

I'd be happy to get some answers/experiences! :smile:
Reply 1
psychology courses are generally over subscribed ...

in the first year at my uni, single honours student had to choose an elective and psychology was only open to people studying certain courses (as it was already oversubscribed)

if i were you i'd maybe email the uni and ask them for their advice

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah, that's exactly what I was scared of... Well, I've sent an email to the university, but it is probably going to take a while for them to answer since supposedly I'm not the only one willing to know something concerning the course choices :biggrin:

I'm a bit confused what to do with the university choices, since I would like to study psychology as well, but I also really want to study in the university of Glasgow... I've to do tough choice between the dream university and dream subject I suppose... :frown:
Reply 3
i looked at going to glasgow but my grades werent good enough ... im now looking at it for a masters course instead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest