Feeling Down and Depressed Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Recently, I've been feeling quite depressed. I've had an overhaul of coursework and revision lately, and that's bringing me down. Also, I've had a number of arguments with different friends, including one who snipes at me every time I see him (he isn't my friend anymore, but we are in the same classes, etc). Also, my home life isn't too good at the moment.

I'm really feeling like I can't be bothered with my life any more. Please help.
Ceri327
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
exercise always makes me feel better when everything gets to much. take time to go have a run time to clear your head etc. keep a diary sometimes helps to. usually anything to get all the messy crap out of your head and somewhere else

gd luck go travelling!!
Ceri327
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not really go for a run, or get a punch bag that better than therapy
GerardT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No-one on an Internet forum is realy going be able to help you feel good again. It's very much a case of pulling yourself away from that abyss and getting on with your life. This is coming from someone who's been down for the last few months but things are definately much better now.
TomaDamons
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it might be a good idea to go out to the cinemas with the friends that u care most about. I have been in a similar situation and i know someone who is in the same situation. if i were you, if you sit near your ex friend, try and move away from him. just explain to your friends that you are going through a rough time at the moment and that you are sorry for everything that has happened so far, if they are you friends, then they will accept that and put up with it. everyone feels like this at some point. Just think that its only just over 2 months and you have finished school lessons. and not much longer untill you finish your exams. then you will have a very long summer to do what you want. if i were you, i would just try and spend as much time out of the house as you can.
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Recently, I've been feeling quite depressed. I've had an overhaul of coursework and revision lately, and that's bringing me down. Also, I've had a number of arguments with different friends, including one who snipes at me every time I see him (he isn't my friend anymore, but we are in the same classes, etc). Also, my home life isn't too good at the moment.

I'm really feeling like I can't be bothered with my life any more. Please help.
Music is a great way of lifting your mood, and spend some time with friends you get on with. You're not the only one feeling like this, I've been in a very similar state recently and believe me it wont last forever.
guitargirl03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go to the doctors if things don't improve. As I've said in other topics, I've recently been diagnosed with depression and it's terrible. However, I spoke to a mental health nurse, and it really helps getting things off of your chest. Have you tried speaking to people, i.e relatives or friends?

If you feel like you want to end your life, you should go to the doctors, so you can be put in the right direction. I had suicidal thoughts and I cut myself a couple of times because I felt I couldn't cope, because of this I've been advised to go and see the doctor so she can prescribe me anti-depressants... But life does get better once things are out in the open, trust me
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thank you everyone.
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
******* really cheers me up, for liek 10 seconds, then i feel god is watching me and get all ashamed.
ExitMusic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nice
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
Go to the doctors if things don't improve. As I've said in other topics, I've recently been diagnosed with depression and it's terrible. However, I spoke to a mental health nurse, and it really helps getting things off of your chest. Have you tried speaking to people, i.e relatives or friends?

If you feel like you want to end your life, you should go to the doctors, so you can be put in the right direction. I had suicidal thoughts and I cut myself a couple of times because I felt I couldn't cope, because of this I've been advised to go and see the doctor so she can prescribe me anti-depressants... But life does get better once things are out in the open, trust me
Having a livejournal is helpful too, I always rant in mine and it helps take away stress.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Write down thoughts in a diary.
rozzy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah it helps to write in a journal type thing. i always write in my blog. is there a friend who you can talk to? theres always one friend who i can always talk to about absolutely anything thats bugging me...even the really small things! find someone that is great at listening and doesn't mind you ranting on and on...hehe it helps to let off steam!
Laurie_Wilko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think they should have revision or coursework help groups for people doing their a-levels, especially towards the end. I'm at that stage at the moment and sometimes just feel overwhelmed by work. Even if I don't do particularly alot of it, things just build up and I never really feel like I can relax. It can be pretty lonely and stressful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (847)
80.67%
Leave (203)
19.33%

Watched Threads