Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjimcflanji)
    I have a feeling that it is illegal as she isn't yet 18, a real adult in the eyes of the law where someone could be deemed to have influence over you eg doctor teacher........
    If it isn't illegal....the school might have a problem with it if they found out, he might have a clause in his contract banning this sort of behaviour you dont want his record tarnished.
    16 is the legal age of sex end of. a 99 year old could have sex with a 16 year old and it would be legal, if extremely weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    just realised anon always shows those stats...
    And that T.S.R. probably wasn't around in 1970.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I understand the age of consent, but there are laws to protect 16-18's in these situations. I'm not sure of the details but i remember being told about this....any lawyers got any ideas of this?? If i'm wrong that's fair enough but I don't know where i'd have got this from otherwise

ReputationRep:
    16 is the age of consent, end of.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the question should be, if he loves you enough, why cant he wait until you have finished college and you are an ex student!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know you say its love... and perhaps it is... but maybe you should think about why he's with someone so young? Is it because he wants control... he's immature... he craves attention? I know those things are hard to consider when you love someone... but I think you should. You two just arent in the same stage of life at the moment... what about uni? and do you two have sex (an aside question)?

ReputationRep:
    Its not legal for an adult to have sex with a 16 year old. OK maybe if a 19 year old did with a 16 year old the judge might go easy on the 19 year old. but as far as a man having sex with a 16 year old, the law will not turn a blind eye. If found guilty he could even serve jail time, because technically its rape. Also if a teacher was convicted of any such crime he would be unable to continue his job at any other school, so in effect throwing away his career

ReputationRep:
    Um what are you on about raphy87? the legal age is 16...

but...to whoever said "16 is the age of consent, end of" (or something to that effect" - that's balls...doesn't matter if they're legal to have sex - it's the abuse of trust that isn't looked upon so fondly by the law.

So hey, well done, you're screwing a guy with no morals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Um what are you on about raphy87? the legal age is 16...

but...to whoever said "16 is the age of consent, end of" (or something to that effect" - that's balls...doesn't matter if they're legal to have sex - it's the abuse of trust that isn't looked upon so fondly by the law.

So hey, well done, you're screwing a guy with no morals.
    The legal age to have sex is 16 yes. But you're not an adult until you're 18. Have you never heard of crimes involving sex with minors?

ReputationRep:
    Abuse of trust! that's the phrase I was looking for!! Thought I was losing the plot then and had made this whole thing up in my head........

ReputationRep:
    I understand the age of consent, but there are laws to protect 16-18's in these situations. I'm not sure of the details but i remember being told about this....any lawyers got any ideas of this?? If i'm wrong that's fair enough but I don't know where i'd have got this from otherwise
    Yeah I'm fairly certain that it's illegal for a student to have a relationship with teachers incase they're abusing their position etc. Happens all the time though.

My friend had a relationship with a teacher adn her parents found out and told the school but her school hushed it up completely because they didn't want to look bad.:rolleyes:

how would we know if it would last 4-5 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raphy87)
    The legal age to have sex is 16 yes. But you're not an adult until you're 18. Have you never heard of crimes involving sex with minors?
    as far as i know, there are no such laws. sex with minors = sex with people under the age of consent

and for the OP...
    :p:
    Abuse of trust: people in certain position of trust and responsibility (as defined by the statute) who engage with a child in their care
    (Sexual Offences (A) Act 2000)

ReputationRep:
    I guess thats what they call extra curicular activites.

ReputationRep:
    He's taking advantage. Relationships with teachers should only exist in the mind.

ReputationRep:
    Professional misconduct... And yes, although she is over 16, he can still go to jail.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he can. It is no longer statutory rape if you're over the age of 16, but it still constitutes professional misconduct and abuse of trust. He can be dismissed, sent to jail and put on list 99 for it.
    If it works out, then good luck to you.
    If it doesn't, then don't come running to us. Don't say we didn't warn you.

ReputationRep:
    Adults in a position of trust. Sexual Offences Act 2003 (yes, 2nd time in two days I've quoted it, guess what I've been working on recently :rolleyes: ) It is a crime as well as serious professional misdemeanour.

ReputationRep:
    I already posted that :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure its Illegal, doesnt matter if hses the age of consent. Any teacher/student relation can be construed as the teacher abusing a position of trust and influence over the student.

"Sexual Offenders Act of 2003 sets out an offence of 'abuse of trust'. the act's provisions mean that it is a criminal offence for a person in a position of trust (eg a teacher) to engage in sexual activity with a person under 18 even if the relationship in consensual."

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.