I'm dating my teacher... Watch

This discussion is closed.
mute
Badges: 1
Report 12 years ago
It's such a waste, there are barely enough girls for all the boys the same age as them, without losing some to older men. If I were to put mself in the position of the teacher though, I can understand. I just hope neither of you end up regretting it.
JadedHippy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok so basically the title is self-explanatory. So, I've been with this teacher now for about a month and you know its so great. I really love him more than I've loved anyone before. But, we have to keep our relationship a secret and it's sooo annoying having to be all secretive and having to hide our feelings from everyone and act normal. Once I've left college, it will all be ok, but I'm thinking that he'll get fed up soon of having to keep it a secret and find someone else... there's only like 4/5months left, do you think it will last that time. And I know you will all be thinking oh nooo big mistake but i really really love him so much. I'm 17 and hes...*cough* 39...
You could try to stop seeing each other for a few months till it is all in the clear then. If it was meant to be you will both be endure.

But I do urge you to look at the age gap though. When you are in your prime, he will be an old man. That is something you will truly have to face.

Good luck with whatever you decide though. It's not something I could do myself if I was in your shoes however.

*Peace
~*Sar*~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
16 is the age of consent, but for a teacher to have a relationship with a pupil they have to be over 18 for it to be legal.
I know one person who got with her teacher, and they've been married for about 15yrs now, so it can work both ways i guess.
Spiral Architect
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyway, I'm guessing you get a good anual report from this guy.

"Pupil listens well during sessions and responds effectively. Isn't afraid to shout out during said sessions when stuck on a certain task. Also works efficiently within a group".
accidental
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What if a student and a teacher had a relationship but didn't have sex? Could the teacher still go to prison?

Let's assume that the student is around 16, 17 and the teacher is in their twenties (to make it more plausible). If they form a substantial relationship, but don't engage in sexual activities, could the teacher still go to prison?
tom5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i think we need anon. user 1 to spread some light on the situation cos we don't know she's actually slept with the creep yet
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by silkweed)
What if a student and a teacher had a relationship but didn't have sex? Could the teacher still go to prison?

Let's assume that the student is around 16, 17 and the teacher is in their twenties (to make it more plausible). If they form a substantial relationship, but don't engage in sexual activities, could the teacher still go to prison?
It's a bit of a grey area really - but I would imagine he could still be dismissed for favouritism/breach of trust even if he didn't go to prison or was placed on List 99.
SouthernBella
Report 12 years ago
God, you are such a child. He's your dad, you know, in terms of age. Just sit down and think about that. He's (eeek) not much older than me and I know how immature late 30's men are - but they are definitely older in many ways, and bloody heck PERVY in so many ways. RUN if you know what is good for you - RUN FOR THE BLOODY HILLS. I know decent blokes won't be around until you are mid-20's or more, but heck they're better than paedos.
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chi3f)
dont teachers who have relationships with students go to jail?
(Original post by Chi3f)
blatant paedophile
I agree to both the above statements, and this girl is clearly in some fantasy, listen up thread starter

1: If he liked you as much as you THINK he does, then he would of quit his job or something and not given a **** about keeping it a secret, the real reason hes keeping it quiet is probablly to, oh let me think
"Another partner??"

2: He can still go to jail even after you left college you know, as it will be obvious you got together when you was at college,
so what you going to do, Keep it a secret forever????

3: He didnt want it to happen but it just did you say??? what a lame excuse does he have no sense of self control and respect for his job???

Oh and im sure your parents will be very happy for you when they find out, or will it be a secret from them forever to???
I dont see any positives from all this apart from the fact you convinced yourself your in love with him.
In love with a relationship that is purely fantasy, ifs and buts.
tom5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MNBStyle)
I agree to both the above statements, and this girl is clearly in some fantasy, listen up thread starter

1: If he liked you as much as you THINK he does, then he would of quit his job or something and not given a **** about keeping it a secret, the real reason hes keeping it quiet is probablly to, oh let me think
"Another partner??"

2: He can still go to jail even after you left college you know, as it will be obvious you got together when you was at college,
so what you going to do, Keep it a secret forever????

3: He didnt want it to happen but it just did you say??? what a lame excuse does he have no sense of self control and respect for his job???

Oh and im sure your parents will be very happy for you when they find out, or will it be a secret from them forever to???
I dont see any positives from all this apart from the fact you convinced yourself your in love with him.
In love with a relationship that is purely fantasy, ifs and buts.

Well Said!
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tom5)

Well Said!
Thank you :p:
LostRiot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
when I was in year 13 there was a girl in year 12 at my school who was going out with a teacher, it all came out, he left his wife and his job to be with her (everyone was pissed off because he was the best history teacher ever, and his replacement was crap) and now she's 20 and they're getting married in the summer. The teacher was 31 though, so although it's quite alot older it's not as bad as 39.
Steve Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ferrus)
Is it just me who is thinking of the Little Britain sketch at the moment?
See one of my posts on 1st page
G_H_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This has actually happened 3 times in my school in the 7 years that I have been there. Shocking, I know. All of the teachers left the school and one of which is still with the girl that he was seeing during his time at the school. All the girls were in their last years of sixth form when everything happened. One of those teachers was my psychology teacher last year, and left because of it. He was actually going out with a girl from the year above and trying to hit on a girl in my class at the same time. He had pictures of the girl he was going out with on his desk FFS. He was a **** teacher anyway...

There is another teacher at my school who has a website with lots of pictures of students from our school on it (all girls). All the other teachers and students know about it, but its said that nothing can be done about him for various reasons (I think that its due to the fact that he's the best maths teacher in the bourough in terms of results and would be irreplacable). He actually tried to hit on a girl in my maths class during year 11, but yet, nothing was done as there was 'a lack of evidence'. BS if you ask me. Some of the teachers get away with it, most dont. Those who take part in such activities are blatant peados and the girls are just plain stupid for falling into their traps.

Come to think of it, what kind of school do I go to :vroam: . Thank god there are only 2 months left. Although the prom should be interesting :rolleyes: ...
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by G_H_G)
Those who take part in such activities are blatant peados and the girls are just plain stupid for falling into their traps.
Agreed, but any girls in that situation would just be indenial about that
Inphinite
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You must be a stunner if he is risking jail/career/reputation and etc on you.
G_H_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Inphinite)
You must be a stunner if he is risking jail/career/reputation and etc on you.
Or he could be just a perv (no disrespect to the OP if you do happen to be pretty )... Those men are out to get anything they can.
SammyD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's illegal to have a relationship with someone under 18 if you are in a position of trust, eg teacher, social worker, carer.
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This girl is clearly confused and needs to realise that he'll dump her soon and he will no doubt about it and because of the age gap you'll both see the differences and grow apart this will cause a lot of heartache and to be honest it's not worth it there are better guys out there who are closer to your age and you are bound to stay with them for longer!
Pink Sparkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by G_H_G)
Come to think of it, what kind of school do I go to :vroam: . Thank god there are only 2 months left. Although the prom should be interesting :rolleyes: ...
Same here, students and teachers getting together at the prom is inevitable.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.09%
No (238)
73.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed