The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
You were saying that not being pressured into sex was a bad thing. In reality nobody should be in a relationship with somebody who pressures them for sex.

That's not what I was saying at all. I was implying that she wouldn't need to worry about being under any pressure because no-one would wanna have sex with her.
I think that's the point. Nobody should be pressured into sex ever.

This is a thread about rape, not unhealthy relationships.

Getting into a bad mood because of a lack of sex is not rape.
Original post by silverbolt
blahblahblah.

Blackmail? Are you serious?

"In common usage, blackmail is a crime involving threats to reveal substantially true or false information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand is met.[1][2] It may be defined as coercion involving threats of physical harm, threat of criminal prosecution, or threats for the purposes of taking the person's money or property."

It's amazing how you and all the other feminazis manage to turn "getting into a bad mood" into something described above..

How is it that you and Schmokie Dragon/whatever don't understand how ridiculous you guys are?

edit: as an example, Schmokie Feminazi posted a link that pretty much claimed at if a girl agreed to do something after a guy "Manipulating your emotions, for example saying 'If you loved me you would...'", the guy's raped her. GET A ****ING GRIP!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Teenage Pirate
This is a thread about rape, not unhealthy relationships.

Getting into a bad mood because of a lack of sex is not rape.

Because rape and unhealthy relationships never occur together do they? :rolleyes:

From the front page of TSR: http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/worried-about-abuse/view/rape-sexual-assult/consent

The OP herself thinks that it is rape. The one that has been through it thinks that she has been raped because she didn't give her consent but women-hating people like you are screaming at her to shut up because she's in a relationships and eventually submitted? You repulsive human being.

OP: ignore this bickering. If you need help then get it. You don't need anyone's permission to feel the way you are feeling and you deserve every bit of help that you get. Stay strong and get out, k?
Because rape and unhealthy relationships never occur together do they? :rolleyes:

From the front page of TSR: http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/worried-about-abuse/view/rape-sexual-assult/consent

The OP herself thinks that it is rape. The one that has been through it thinks that she has been raped because she didn't give her consent but women-hating people like you are screaming at her to shut up because she's in a relationships and eventually submitted? You repulsive human being.

OP: ignore this bickering. If you need help then get it. You don't need anyone's permission to feel the way you are feeling and you deserve every bit of help that you get. Stay strong and get out, k?

Are you retarded? Ofc they go together, doesn't mean they always do. Sometimes with you people...

Oh get a life and go back to marching or something. The OP doesn't think it's rape (this thread would be pointless if she did) and even if she did, it's not. Another person in a similar position posted in this thread that it's clearly not rape and some good advice.

This might be controversial once again to you feminazis, but at some point you just need to walk away. It's not rape if he asks you many times because he's not forcing you to stay with him. It's not rape if he tells you he'll love you if you do something because you don't need to love him. You guys are taking this "women have a right to not be forced into it regardless of the circumstances" way too far. Well not way too far, but you're distorting the "forced" aspect of it. If you don't want your boyfriend pestering you for sex, either dump him or talk to him instead of giving in and screaming rape.
Original post by Anonymous
Right, so I like having sex with my boyfriend.. nothing wrong with that (p.s yes this is a little crude I'm sorry)
But sometimes after the second time we've had sex, I don't want to anymore, purely because it hurts, so he will start fingering me.. and i'll say no, and then he accepts it, but then he starts again.. and this goes on and on, even though i'm saying no. Eventually i give in.. purely because he's in sucha bad mood and because I can't be bothered to fight anymore, I then end up being in pain for a few days because of it.. he say's sorry, but still? Is that rape..?

Hi

Thanks for sharing this with us. What you are describing is rape. It doesn't matter if you wanted to at first, or if you 'give in'. If someone does something sexually to you that you do not want them to do, this is a crime. It does not matter if it is your boyfriend. And, no one should get in a bad mood because you don't want to have sex.

I am concerned that you are in pain. You could think about going to your local GUM clinic to get checked out or to a haven if you live in london. They can provide confidential medial and emotional support (www.thehavens.org.uk). You should never have to do anything that you don't want to in a relationship. I hope this helps, take care.

Jo
Are you retarded? Ofc they go together, doesn't mean they always do. Sometimes with you people...

Oh get a life and go back to marching or something. The OP doesn't think it's rape (this thread would be pointless if she did) and even if she did, it's not. Another person in a similar position posted in this thread that it's clearly not rape and some good advice.

This might be controversial once again to you feminazis, but at some point you just need to walk away. It's not rape if he asks you many times because he's not forcing you to stay with him. It's not rape if he tells you he'll love you if you do something because you don't need to love him. You guys are taking this "women have a right to not be forced into it regardless of the circumstances" way too far. Well not way too far, but you're distorting the "forced" aspect of it. If you don't want your boyfriend pestering you for sex, either dump him or talk to him instead of giving in and screaming rape.

My gods if you talked like that in front of my face id beat the hell out of you. But then ive seen the damage abuse in relationships can do.

Read below and take note. Read the TSR front page and take note.

Original post by Jo from AVA
Hi

Thanks for sharing this with us. What you are describing is rape. It doesn't matter if you wanted to at first, or if you 'give in'. If someone does something sexually to you that you do not want them to do, this is a crime. It does not matter if it is your boyfriend. And, no one should get in a bad mood because you don't want to have sex.

I am concerned that you are in pain. You could think about going to your local GUM clinic to get checked out or to a haven if you live in london. They can provide confidential medial and emotional support (www.thehavens.org.uk). You should never have to do anything that you don't want to in a relationship. I hope this helps, take care.

Jo
Original post by Anonymous
Right, so I like having sex with my boyfriend.. nothing wrong with that (p.s yes this is a little crude I'm sorry)
But sometimes after the second time we've had sex, I don't want to anymore, purely because it hurts, so he will start fingering me.. and i'll say no, and then he accepts it, but then he starts again.. QUOTE]

How is this NOT rape? She explicitly says no, he then puts his fingers inside her against her wishes. That's like saying if someone gets raped and the guy says "I'll slit your throat if you don't let me" the woman is consenting and it's therefore not rape. She feels morally obliged to give in to her boyfriend because he's her boyfriend.

Tell him you're going to put him on a sex ban then kick him in the nuts.
Original post by silverbolt
My gods if you talked like that in front of my face id beat the hell out of you. But then ive seen the damage abuse in relationships can do.

Read below and take note. Read the TSR front page and take note.

Then AVA doesn't have a clue even though they're supposed to be providing sound legal advice:

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/Definitionofrape2.php

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/1

The definition according to those seems to only include penetration with the penis.

If they'd mentioned sexual assault it would give them an ounce of credibility.

btw have a look at sections 75 and 76 and tell me which parts of consent you think were violated in this case.
Then AVA doesn't have a clue even though they're supposed to be providing sound legal advice:

The definition according to those seems to only include penetration with the penis.

btw have a look at sections 75 and 76 and tell me which parts of consent you think were violated in this case.

Even if those are the legal definitions of rape does that seem in any way reasonable to you? Those definitions are obviously naive. Do you really believe that only a male can commit rape? Do you really think it is reasonable to say that rape can only be committed if there is penetration by a penis? No. That is ridiculous. A more reasonable and widely accepted definition of rape is the forcing or coercing of sexual acts against one's will.

These seems to be the most reasonable definitions. Both of which apply to this situation. -
The United Nations defines it as "sexual intercourse without valid consent," and the World Health Organization defined it in 2002 as "physically forced or otherwise coerced penetration even if slight of the vulva or anus, using a penis, other body parts or an object".
(edited 12 years ago)

The AVA doesnt know what its talking about - of course it doesnt. :rollseyes:

THe problem you have is that the black and white letter isnt that good, whilst technically (and i use that term very loosely) you can argue its not - any lawyer worth his salt, any legal team and conselling service would bite your section 75 and 76 right round to the effects of coercion. The law regarding rape and sexual assualt has long been held as being in dire need of a change, and a total rehash of the system for both the victims and the accused.
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
Even if those are the legal definitions of rape does that seem in any way reasonable to you? Those definitions are obviously naive. Do you really believe that only a male can commit rape? Do you really think it is reasonable to say that rape can only be committed if there is penetration by a penis? No. That is ridiculous. A more reasonable and widely accepted definition of rape is the forcing or coercing of sexual acts against one's will.

These seems to be the most reasonable definitions. Both of which apply to this situation. -
The United Nations defines it as "sexual intercourse without valid consent," and the World Health Organization defined it in 2002 as "physically forced or otherwise coerced penetration even if slight of the vulva or anus, using a penis, other body parts or an object".

Aside from what the UN said you pretty much summed up my arguement

I am sorry you feel that way. You are right in that this was sexual assault but it is also rape as he carried on having sex with her against her will. It may have started as sexual assault as he was penetrating her with his fingers but she was clearly saying no and he carried on. Even though she 'gave in' she made it very clear that she was not happy and did not want to have sex, and he continued to have sex with her - this is penetration therefore it is rape.

I am glad that you referred to the rape crisis website as they are a really good organisation to go to for support when things like this happen. As they point out on the page you refer to: Section 74 defines consent as "if she agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice" . In the offences of rape, assault by penetration, sexual assault and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, a person (A) is guilty of an offence if (s)he:

Acts intentionally;
(B) does not consent to the act; and
does not reasonably believe that B consents

In this case it was clear that she was not consenting.

I hope this helps clear this up. It can be a difficult issue and the OP was really brave asking for advice.
Jo
Original post by Jo from AVA
I am sorry you feel that way. You are right in that this was sexual assault but it is also rape as he carried on having sex with her against her will. It may have started as sexual assault as he was penetrating her with his fingers but she was clearly saying no and he carried on. Even though she 'gave in' she made it very clear that she was not happy and did not want to have sex, and he continued to have sex with her - this is penetration therefore it is rape.

But, she did consent in the end.

I'm confused. How the hell is something rape if she consented in the end?
(edited 12 years ago)
It's ok to be confused, i understand that this is a difficult issue to get your head round.
The thing is that although she 'gave in' this is not true consent because she did not want to have sex. She made it clear that she was not happy and did not want to have sex. If you give in because the other person will not listen to you and will not stop, and also tries to make you feel bad for not wanting it, this is not true consent.
I hope that makes sense.
jo
Original post by Simplicity
But, she did consent in the end.

I'm confused. How the hell is something rape if she consented in the end?

Because she was pestered and 'gave in' this so-called consent qualifies as being coerced and is therefore not true consent. Which is what qualifies this situation to be rape.
I would re-engage with Teenage Pirate but I feel it's pretty pointless (as apparently I'm a 'ridiculous feminazi') and Jo is doing a great job.

Original post by RichyFrench
That's not what I was saying at all. I was implying that she wouldn't need to worry about being under any pressure because no-one would wanna have sex with her.

And the point of being rude was?

FYI, I have a very active sex life. And (shock!) it's all consensual. Zomg. How could a munter like me manage that? Perhaps it's because I give an epic blowjob.

I don't even shave my pits =O
Original post by RichyFrench

LOL LOL LOL that will be all
Original post by Schmokie Dragon
I would re-engage with Teenage Pirate but I feel it's pretty pointless (as apparently I'm a 'ridiculous feminazi') and Jo is doing a great job.

And the point of being rude was?

FYI, I have a very active sex life. And (shock!) it's all consensual. Zomg. How could a munter like me manage that? Perhaps it's because I give an epic blowjob.

I don't even shave my pits =O

I know you must smell cause of it right ? the pits I mean
Original post by Dragon_Keeper
I know you must smell cause of it right ? the pits I mean

You'd know.

Latest

Trending

Trending