The Student Room Group

Help needed with A-Level subjects.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J.G.SIMBA
I vote chemistry too lol
I do all sciences at A-level and am in A2, if you put the effort in, chemistry can be very easy, the same with physics, exam questions do not change, simply applying knowledge, the only science that has hard exams is Biology (large question bank for examiners to choose from) but you like it so dont worry...

for your career choice i'd advise Chem, physics will not help even a little in what your interested in. where as Chemistry + Biology is a killer combination and will allow you to do almost anything to do any course on living things (biochem, biological studies etc...), but just dont expect to change to do a mathsy degree with those A-levels lol

go on ucas and search some courses that look cool for you and check the entry requirements, this will give you a sense of what A-levels you'll need and what kinda grades your looking at. GCSE to A-level is a big jump.

good luck :biggrin:

Thanks for your help! Im leaning towards bio, history and chem, with bio and history being my fav subjects! At uni i deffo want to do sciency. Thanls for suggesting ucas, i never even thought, i will do that tomorrow while im in school. This is my first time on this site, and im amazed at the help im getting, making me feel better! I will check ucas, and keep u posted.
Reply 21
Teachers? The best. In all honesty, my college has an extremely strong set of departments (can only speak for my subjects), but it's more annoying when you find out your physics teacher wrote part of your exam. He's awesome and rule abiding to the max though, so we didn't even know before hand. :smile:
Chemistry, he graduated from Cambridge, and you either get on with him really well, or you don't. You usually don't if you don't do work etc, but the rest of our class really get on with him, and he teaches like a baws.
Reply 22
If you take a look at the entry requirements for both Zoology and Biological Science at Queens they say that it would be advantageous to have studied Chemistry to A level.

http://www.qub.ac.uk/home/StudyatQueens/CourseFinder/UCF2012-13/?y=1213&id=C1&rp=az

Queens
A-level
BBB including Biology or Double Award Applied Science + GCSE Chemistry or Double Award Science + GCSE Mathematics
Note: It would be an advantage to have studied Chemistry beyond GCSE level.
Original post by Oromis263
Teachers? The best. In all honesty, my college has an extremely strong set of departments (can only speak for my subjects), but it's more annoying when you find out your physics teacher wrote part of your exam. He's awesome and rule abiding to the max though, so we didn't even know before hand. :smile:
Chemistry, he graduated from Cambridge, and you either get on with him really well, or you don't. You usually don't if you don't do work etc, but the rest of our class really get on with him, and he teaches like a baws.

Your very lucky with that set of teachers! I know my biology teacher for next year if I take it on, and she is really good and she taught my sister which helps :biggrin:. As for the chemistry teacher in the other school, I heard he is very good and makes it seem simple ( what i have heard from lower sixth students in my school)
I love Biology, But do AS chemistry but hate it and cannot pass It! Which is shame because i need two sciences for biology degree :frown: I got and A,B last year two. You really cant determin which is better. GO BY WHO WILL TEACH YOU! my teacher is rubbish and i cannot learn from him and its hard to teach myself :frown:

good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending