The Student Room Group

He always wanted sex now he doesnt even come near me? why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Care-Free
But you have to make a girl want to have sex with you...if i didnt get love and attention from my boyfriend i wouldn't want to be with him at all let alone sleep with it, if i didn't treat him with equal respect and love he wouldnt be with me either.

In the case of OP, why didn't she just call a quit when she doesn't want to have sex with him?

You idea that all girls are hypocrites and crave 100% attention is flawed.

Where did I say that?

The idea that all men will get laid if they're polite but not kind is also flawed.

Where did I say that?

Me and my partner havent engaged in a single one of your "get laid quick" schemes and we have a wonderful relationship and we have a wonderful sex life because we waited..

Yeah, not trying to insult you and your boyfriend, I have been through several sexual scenarios that even the bravest boyfriend can't even dream of having.

Also your idea that a relationship is essentially sex in return for attention is flawed.

I have never said this ****, you put words into my mouth. When there haven't been any sex yet, there is no sexual or romantic relationship, that's what I am saying.

Your idea that removal of attention is a good punishment, flawed.

No, it's not, look at the misery of the OP.

Do you know anything about a healthy relationship?

Don't ever teach me about relationship, I have been in various kinds of relationship that you may never even know.

what happened to sitting down and talking to each other?

I have no problems, I am very good at sitting down and talking, if you can't hold a conversation with a girl, don't dream of having sex with her.

What happened to reaching a mutual understanding?

Nothing wrong!

what happened to being so in love with someone that the sex can wait without there being someone else on the side.

Guys, this is a trap, never ever fall for it, ever. Until sex, no love can be found in a relationship where chicks lead you from A to Z. You must make your call.

You call "being in love" means waiting someone? No, I call it attraction. It depends. As I said, I can wait and put you into a delaying list, I don't have to worry since I always have other women who are read to have sex with me, now, what's wrong with that?

The point is, for any guy who has self-respect and self-esteem, he must understand that a woman who has sex with him quickly will receive more priority. Sex as the overture of an amazing relationship is nothing wrong, it's HEALTHY since women just love sex as much as men. There's no other ways for normal human beings from two genders to connect at the deepest level without sex, except for a few artists and poets that I know who have a very diverse internal world.

At the end of the day, a high-sex drive and liberated woman will receive much more male attention, and not just males, but successful males.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ortegas
Alright, then I guess you shouldn't have any problem if any of them is out shagging another chick while waiting for you. That's okay I guess. If you don't push guys into the monogamous zone then I am fine.

Just understand this clearly: Until sex happens, we are nothing but platonic friends, and you have no ****ing right to get jealous or force a guy to stay "loyal" to you. Indeed, that's how it is. We can give you time to warm up and get ready, meanwhile, we gonna find some other girls who are ready for some actions, got it?

..really? So if you're interested in a girl, she's interested in you and you want a relationship, but she doesn't want to jump into bed with you immediately, then it's okay for you to go sleeping around until she comes around? That's only really okay if you both agree, otherwise you're just being a dick.

It may not be for you, but sex can be a big thing for a lot of people. They may want to get to know the person before sleeping with them. If you don't want to be involved with people who have these beliefs, that's fine. Just don't try anything with them.

I can understand the slut label, which is just societal bull****, but I don't know why you regret. If you ever regret for having sex with your partners, then don't. It is an insult to a man's face to say it is my regret to ever have sex with you. What do you think we guys are?

I regret my first time, and seeing as my and that particular girl aren't on good terms anyway I have no problem saying it. It's not just girls that can have these regrets. And guess what? I went into my first time not thinking I'd regret it. Regrets often happen retrospectively. It shouldn't take me to tell you this.

There is a difference between waiting for you to warm up and waiting for you while you string us along with a hidden agenda and do not appreciate our efforts, just like Rebecca here shows us. 5 months without sex and yet the OP still complains, what do you think about it? It's plainly wrong and the guy has all the right to walk away to find someone else, which I think he should do this earlier, maximum 2 weeks to 1 month.

A hidden agenda? :confused: Either you've had some really bad experiences or are just acting really misogynistic. IT'S PREFECTLY OKAY TO WANT TO WAIT TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE BEFORE YOU SLEEP WITH THEM. And like I said, if you don't want to do this, that's fine, but don't expect everyone to. You're moralising your own views, ones that not everyone shares, for no aparent reason.

I am not god, I am a man who act consistently to his natural instinct. I can be persistent if necessary but there is an expiry date for attraction, and you should know this as well. Sex is not simply intimate, it's about the tension that makes you want to blow your mind. By the 5 months after all the craps, what do you expect, some missionary positions and then turn to one side and sleep?

I don't know what you're getting at here.

It is indeed a divine right for a man to have a want to have sex with a woman. If a woman uses sex as a weapon to manipulate him into things that he is not ready and is not looking for at the moment, he has the right to chuck her aside and find someone else who appreciates him more.

A divine right? :confused: And yes, if two people disagree on what role sexual intimacy has in a relationship then yes, they have precisely the right to walk away. What I don't understand is this moralising of it, where you think 'manipulation' is.

That surely doesn't apply to me, there is a name for a girl who constantly strings guy along just for fun and for her attention need, it's called a stuck-up bitch, got it?

Everything you've argued for doesn't match this description.
Reply 42
Original post by Aleandcynicism
..really? So if you're interested in a girl, she's interested in you and you want a relationship, but she doesn't want to jump into bed with you immediately, then it's okay for you to go sleeping around until she comes around? That's only really okay if you both agree, otherwise you're just being a dick.

The most pussy **** I have ever heard! You are the man of your life, you even have to ask a chick for doing something you want? **** that! You hear me, **** that!
It's totally okay to sleep with any chick I want, if she wants to join, great, if not, she can go away, no one forces her to have sex with me.

(No, I don't care if she turns around or not, that's not my concern)

It may not be for you, but sex can be a big thing for a lot of people. They may want to get to know the person before sleeping with them. If you don't want to be involved with people who have these beliefs, that's fine. Just don't try anything with them.

A lot of chicks just say those things, and then go using me for sex when they broke up. Sex is not a BIG THING, it's just your mind that gives it more value than it should be. Sex is an essential part of life, just like water, food and air. If you take it as something you can have on time, you WILL have it. The only reason you don't have enough is you haven't moved your ass for it.

I regret my first time, and seeing as my and that particular girl aren't on good terms anyway I have no problem saying it. It's not just girls that can have these regrets. And guess what? I went into my first time not thinking I'd regret it. Regrets often happen retrospectively. It shouldn't take me to tell you this.

Sorry dude, I lost my virginity to a chick older than me, never regret. She was incredible. Look at it this way, if you want to ****, get in, slide it in, if you don't, eject and go away. In the past, you have wished to just lose your V Card, now you turn around and complain about bad first sex? For girls, I can understand, but for guys, wtf?

A hidden agenda? :confused: Either you've had some really bad experiences or are just acting really misogynistic. IT'S PREFECTLY OKAY TO WANT TO WAIT TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE BEFORE YOU SLEEP WITH THEM. And like I said, if you don't want to do this, that's fine, but don't expect everyone to. You're moralising your own views, ones that not everyone shares, for no aparent reason.

Yeah, if you have time, if you have limited number of girls who want you, wait for it, wait for your PERFECT WOMAN. To me, she means not much until she sleeps with me and becomes officially a part of my life.

A hidden agenda is when a chick gives you nothing, yet expect free commitment and attention. If you are giving all these to her just to expect sex, you are dumbest person I have ever seen.

I don't know what you're getting at here.

If you have enough experience with women, you will notice that having sex as soon as possible (means the girls are totally horny and just want to **** your brain out), it is always much better than longing for sex after 5 months, just to realise some missionary positions and that feels good.

When you are starving, even a piece of Mc Donalds pizza is good. But when you are just hungry, and you have plenty of food in your fridge, you can have a table that Richard The Lionheart had.

Sex is an essential need to your body, stop ****ing ignore it for just a girl.

A divine right? :confused: And yes, if two people disagree on what role sexual intimacy has in a relationship then yes, they have precisely the right to walk away. What I don't understand is this moralising of it, where you think 'manipulation' is.

What do you think we have a dick for? To play console?
I don't moralise, I remind you what is best to do in order to avoid all these wasteful attempts at just ONE CHICK, got it?

Everything you've argued for doesn't match this description.

Care to explain?
Original post by Ortegas
The most pussy **** I have ever heard! You are the man of your life, you even have to ask a chick for doing something you want? **** that! You hear me, **** that!

Wow, what a man you are :rolleyes:

And ensuring she consents to sex (there's not a lot else we could mean by asking, implicitly or explicitly)? Doesn't exactly sound bad to me. This bit has overtones of rape, must be said. I know you don't mean it to be, but just watch how you word things.

It's totally okay to sleep with any chick I want, if she wants to join, great, if not, she can go away, no one forces her to have sex with me.

Agreed.

A lot of chicks just say those things, and then go using me for sex when they broke up. Sex is not a BIG THING, it's just your mind that gives it more value than it should be. Sex is an essential part of life, just like water, food and air. If you take it as something you can have on time, you WILL have it. The only reason you don't have enough is you haven't moved your ass for it.

Sex may not be that big a thing to you, but to others it is. I find it really difficult to see why this is so hard to comprehend. Sex to you can be a purely physical, enjoyable act. That's fine. I'd actually argue against anyone who thought you were being immoral or any other rubbish because of that. But some people enjoy an emotional side to sex, sharing this intimate experience with a person you really care about. Also, asexuals may never have a sexual experience in their lives and still be fine. In fact, many enjoy romantic relationships without sexual acts being involved at all.

Again, like you and I have both said, if you don't want to put time and effort into girls like that, then that's fine. What I don't understand is you getting so worked up about this and throwing insults at people who do this.

Sorry dude, I lost my virginity to a chick older than me, never regret. She was incredible.

Good for you.

Look at it this way, if you want to ****, get in, slide it in, if you don't, eject and go away. In the past, you have wished to just lose your V Card, now you turn around and complain about bad first sex? For girls, I can understand, but for guys, wtf?

Maybe because throughout the relationship I was being used as a rebound for this girl who was still getting over one of my acquaintances? There can be an emotional side to sex, y'know. I really find it hard to believe you struggle to understand this. It's not just concerning the physical act, it's the whole passage. I know lots of other guys who regret their first times too.

And since you've acknowledged that girls can regret bad sex, does it not become even the slightest bit clearer as to why some may prefer to wait to help build the bond with someone before they leap into bed? I did this in my current relationship and, hell, I'm not a woman. In fact, it may have made the current sex we have better.

Yeah, if you have time, if you have limited number of girls who want you, wait for it, wait for your PERFECT WOMAN. To me, she means not much until she sleeps with me and becomes officially a part of my life.

So girls you're interested in don't become part of your life at all unless you have sex with them? Bet they're glad to hear they're seen as nothing but sex objects to you.

A hidden agenda is when a chick gives you nothing, yet expect free commitment and attention. If you are giving all these to her just to expect sex, you are dumbest person I have ever seen.

And you're being really ridiculous to assume that if a girl wants a relationship with you but doesn't instantly want to sleep with you. In my current relationship I didn't want to pressure my girlfriend into anything she didn't want to do because, shock horror, I see her as more than a sex object. We have a great sex life, yes, but I see much more in her than just something to get my end away.

If you have enough experience with women, you will notice that having sex as soon as possible (means the girls are totally horny and just want to **** your brain out), it is always much better than longing for sex after 5 months, just to realise some missionary positions and that feels good.

The bolded makes this seem like a pathetic brag.

Wow, well done for having a great sex life. Does it not occur to you that other people have different sex drives and attitudes towards it?

When you are starving, even a piece of Mc Donalds pizza is good. But when you are just hungry, and you have plenty of food in your fridge, you can have a table that Richard The Lionheart had.

I don't feel the need to respond to this.

What do you think we have a dick for? To play console?
I don't moralise, I remind you what is best to do in order to avoid all these wasteful attempts at just ONE CHICK, got it?

And like I said, well done for you if you don't want to do that. However, some people may see more in others than just an object for sex. They might like to get in a relationship and if the sex comes later, so be it. I don't see what's so outrageous about this.

Care to explain?

Like I've said, women aren't manipulating you for simply not jumping into bed with you. All your post has been misogynistic rubbish that shows you think of girls who you're interested in as nothing but sex objects and that you have a complete inability to put yourself in the shoes of others.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Aleandcynicism
Wow, what a man you are :rolleyes:

And ensuring she consents to sex (there's not a lot else we could mean by asking, implicitly or explicitly)? Doesn't exactly sound bad to me. This bit has overtones of rape, must be said. I know you don't mean it to be, but just watch how you word things.

I have never physically force a woman to have sex before, she does that by her wll.

Sex may not be that big a thing to you, but to others it is. I find it really difficult to see why this is so hard to comprehend. Sex to you can be a purely physical, enjoyable act. That's fine. I'd actually argue against anyone who thought you were being immoral or any other rubbish because of that. But some people enjoy an emotional side to sex, sharing this intimate experience with a person you really care about. Also, asexuals may never have a sexual experience in their lives and still be fine. In fact, many enjoy romantic relationships without sexual acts being involved at all.

Sex has never been purely physical. When you make such a distinction I can guess you haven't been around with enough women to feel that great sex rarely has much to do with physical techniques. Sometimes, the act of penetration is so simple yet give her intense orgasm? Why? Because the sexual tension that comes before gives her what she ever wishes, and then she abandons herself to the most powerful waves of orgasm because she feels completely safe and dominated by a real man. Just in this thread, a post said I pounded girls mindlessly, which is disgusting. I sometimes manage to get girls reach orgasm by purely using fingers to massage their bodies without even needing my cock.

Again, like you and I have both said, if you don't want to put time and effort into girls like that, then that's fine. What I don't understand is you getting so worked up about this and throwing insults at people who do this.

Where did I personally insult anybody? Did you read this whole thread? Waiting 5 months without sex, and when he withdrew attention, someone came up and blamed him for ignoring the chick, what kind of justice is that?

Maybe because throughout the relationship I was being used as a rebound for this girl who was still getting over one of my acquaintances? There can be an emotional side to sex, y'know. I really find it hard to believe you struggle to understand this. It's not just concerning the physical act, it's the whole passage. I know lots of other guys who regret their first times too.

I find it hard to believe that you don't even get the idea girls view as "sexual object" just like you sometimes view them. Girls can just want you purely for sex and NOTHING ELSE, just like you want some girls for ONS and nothing else. To women, sex doesn't have to be great and meaningful, sometimes they use it to exact revenge on a lost lover, sometimes for obscure reasons that you never know.

And since you've acknowledged that girls can regret bad sex, does it not become even the slightest bit clearer as to why some may prefer to wait to help build the bond with someone before they leap into bed? I did this in my current relationship and, hell, I'm not a woman. In fact, it may have made the current sex we have better.

No, my experience tells me that moving faster, more sexual and less romantic in a traditional way actually sets the frame of your relationship first as sexual frame. Since pace creates tension and is hard to anticipate, females usually responds to this with great enthusiasm. You are not purely her boyfriend, not yet, you are a blank canvas where they can project their wildest dream and fantasy into without being afraid of being judged as a slut.

In case you don't even know, read "The Secret Garden" by Nancy Friday. Your knowledge about the opposite sex needs a big leap forward before you can start thinking of having a serious relationship.

So girls you're interested in don't become part of your life at all unless you have sex with them? Bet they're glad to hear they're seen as nothing but sex objects to you.

When I say I am interested, I say I am interested in having sex with her. Do I like to know her more? YES, but after sex, WHY? Because a lot of times women never show their true colour until you have had sex with her. By having sex with her you have slot yourself into her mind and can then lead her into the direction that you want. This is not manipulation, this is purely biological function, since females need to be led.

By being so passive and indecisive in terms of pursuing for a sexual goal, you surrender your power to your female, thus killing the sexual attraction that will be the key to give her great sex and relationship.

And you're being really ridiculous to assume that if a girl wants a relationship with you but doesn't instantly want to sleep with you. In my current relationship I didn't want to pressure my girlfriend into anything she didn't want to do because, shock horror, I see her as more than a sex object. We have a great sex life, yes, but I see much more in her than just something to get my end away.

I don't assume? I am talking things specifically in this post, where the guy is stupid to wait for that long without sex, and the girl is also stupid enough to not understand why he stops pursuing. Let me tell you that ALL WOMEN want to have a relationship, not just relationship, but EXCLUSIVE relationship with men. This is their biological function, it has quite little to do with loyalty, but a lot with child-bearing and child-caring. It's always her interest to nail you down and secure you as a good father so that she can have her child. Nature of course doesn't know condoms and shooting cums outside.

However, as a man, your mission is to find the most receptive girl that will give you sex first, then relationship later. By managing actively what kind of relationship you have with a girl, you know well where to begin and where to call an end. Having sex is also a great tool to filter girls that you don't want to have a relationship and girls you would like to have long term commitment. You also have the power to choose partners, and sex is your tool, not just enjoyment.

The bolded makes this seem like a pathetic brag.

No, any experienced man can read from your post and smell your bull****.

Wow, well done for having a great sex life. Does it not occur to you that other people have different sex drives and attitudes towards it?

I do, yet in this thread I only want to remind you that pushing things forward is going to help you both choosing the right partner, and securing your future relationship. And let me tell you that most people don't even have a clue about mating process.

Sex drive is one thing, being ignorant about yourself is another.

I don't feel the need to respond to this.

Fine

And like I said, well done for you if you don't want to do that. However, some people may see more in others than just an object for sex. They might like to get in a relationship and if the sex comes later, so be it. I don't see what's so outrageous about this.

I think this quote alone proves you are inexperienced, and it is your view that is screwed up. In sex, nobody is an object to anybody. You don't have sex with an object, you don't plug your dick in a whole and cum inside. You are having sex with another human being. Since sex is a mutually enjoyable act, it doesn't matter if it's ONS or in relationship, you are having sex with a girl. Viewing a girl as an object is stupid.

Let me tell you this:
Woman: Relationship then sex
Man: Sex then relationship

If you don't function based on your biological instinct, you reduce drastically the attraction that females have for you.

Also, asexuals may never have a sexual experience in their lives and still be fine. In fact, many enjoy romantic relationships without sexual acts being involved at all.

Are you an asexual person? Really are you? Are anyone who has participated in this thread asexual? If not then drop this irrelevant crap.

This is an utter crap, since you implies that sex in a relationship is BETTER than sex outside, which is terribly wrong if you have enough sexual experience.
Both sex with a stranger and sex with a loved one can be AMAZING. Yet each has its own taste that cannot be compared. The former includes the kind of excitement and lust that women dream of having, the latter offers intimacy that you don't usually have with a stranger, or a good sex partner. Those two kinds cannot be missed. You as a man should be honest whether you ever want to have wild sex just like in porn movies and came all over her body? Did you ever experience that intense power where the women just wana rip your cloth off and ride you like a horse? Or did she ever express her wish to have a double penetration? or gang-bang? or anything such as having sex near the beach?

All those things can happen both in and outside relationship, and has very little to do with GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP just to have it.

Like I've said, women aren't manipulating you for simply not jumping into bed with you. All your post has been misogynistic rubbish that shows you think of girls who you're interested in as nothing but sex objects and that you have a complete inability to put yourself in the shoes of others.

Don't call it misogynistic rubbish until you have tried for yourself. Remember that there is no sex object, having ONS doesn't turn a girl into a sex object. It's your ****ed up view on sexuality that prevents you from seeing the light from my post.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
I am the OP, I dont think I made myself clear I slept with him after 2 months ( so YES i made him wait because for me sex must be with somebody I trust) but im not some evil women who witholds sex.

However I do not understand how you can argue that becuase I witheld giving in MY body I am some sort of **** girlfriend not worth his time, sex is part of a relationship it is not the basis of a realtionhip if i wanted to wait for sex he either accepts it or leaves he accetapted it and waited.

Thankyou very much to the people who supported my view, I dont think there is anything wrong with waiting granted some men cant wait so why not leave and go find somebody who will drop their knickers straight away?
Original post by Ortegas

No, my experience tells me that moving faster, more sexual and less romantic in a traditional way actually sets the frame of your relationship first as sexual frame. Since pace creates tension and is hard to anticipate, females usually responds to this with great enthusiasm.

However, in my experience any guy who has tried to move things from more sexual and less romantic actually has done the opposite of what you have just said. Whenever a guy has attempted this on me I've been pushed to feel unattratced to them. All the guys I've ever had proper attraction for started off as friends, why? Well, because I got to know them first and then started to feel more attracted to them, unlike the guys who make more sexual moves at me who I feel less attracted to.

In case you don't even know, read "The Secret Garden" by Nancy Friday. Your knowledge about the opposite sex needs a big leap forward before you can start thinking of having a serious relationship.

Unfortunatly for you, us girls are not all the same. Stop generalising us, what one girl does another will not, what one girl thinks another will disagee with, we also like different things. Same with guys.
Understanding the opposite sex by reading a book is stupid, because they usually completley ignore individual preferences, espcially for those who have been socialised in different ways and have grown up with different environments too.

You are not purely her boyfriend, not yet, you are a blank canvas where they can project their wildest dream and fantasy into without being afraid of being judged as a slut.

Also, for your record, I have never felt that way in a relationship, so this shows enough that we're all different and you're making wrong assumptions about us. If I wanted to act like a 'slut' I would without being in a relationship, I don't care about labels and could find someone without being in a relationship if I wanted to. I act sexual in a relationship because I want to be intimate with that person and share it with them, but for me its only one aspect of that relationship. If I only wanted sex and to release my sexual desires, I'd just go and flirt with a random guy and try and pick someone up.

This is not manipulation, this is purely biological function, since females need to be led.

No one is ever leading me and it doesn't feel natural. Plenty of women are strong and independant. How women act is based on socialization, not on instinct, if a girl is bought up in a setting where she is taught to be lead by a man she will be, if she's bought up in a setting where all the women are independant around her and taught that she doesn't need a man and she has rights of her own, she won't feel the need to be led.

If not, I must be an abonination to the human race as I feel no such biological instincts or functions....

By being so passive and indecisive in terms of pursuing for a sexual goal, you surrender your power to your female, thus killing the sexual attraction that will be the key to give her great sex and relationship.

Some men are highly sexually attracted to surrendering power to the female and being the passive one and some females like being the powerful dominant one, the lead in the relationship. In this case its not killing the sexual attraction at all, its building on it and giving them great sex.

This is their biological function, it has quite little to do with loyalty, but a lot with child-bearing and child-caring. It's always her interest to nail you down and secure you as a good father so that she can have her child. Nature of course doesn't know condoms and shooting cums outside.

Once again, I must be a 'freak' of nature, cause I have no such instincts. I have no interest in child bearing and neither do I have any motherly instincts. I look for a man based on who will make ME feel good and who I care about, not based on who will be a good father.

I do, yet in this thread I only want to remind you that pushing things forward is going to help you both choosing the right partner, and securing your future relationship. And let me tell you that most people don't even have a clue about mating process.

I think you seem to feel like we still haven't evolved from monkeys. Humans are biologically and socially evolving all the time, no longer is the mating process so simple or do people get together for the same reasons. Not all couples ever choose to have children anyway, not all women choose relationships over sex first and not all men choose sex over relationships first. Also, about lesbians and gay men? They get into relationships too, but its not as simple as man gets with women. Same applies to asexuals, they might have no interest in sex, but they still have emotional attachement, so not all people have those insitincts.

Let me tell you this:
Woman: Relationship then sex
Man: Sex then relationship

If you don't function based on your biological instinct, you reduce drastically the attraction that females have for you.

Not always true, some women want sex first. Some men want relationships first. Don't generalise, just because you feel that way, and a few others you have spoken to do, that does not mean EVERYONE is like this.

Also, if a guy doesn't function based on this so called instinct of sex first, then relationship after, it would do the opposite of what you claim, it actually makes them more attractive to me.
(edited 12 years ago)
I can't believe how vitrolic some of the comments to the OP are. If she wasn't ready to have sex, she wasn't ready to have sex. This doesn't make her a bad person. I don't think the boyfriend is bad to have left her either - if he felt he couldn;t wait any lnoger, that's his decision and at least he wasn't trying to pressure or coerce her into sleeping with him. However I do think he should be upfront with her about where she stands as allowing her to "do things" as the OP said, but not "Giving back" (again, to use OP's phrase) is a bit having your cake and eating it.

It sounds to me like it was just a clash - OP wasn't ready, boyfriend was, too different. They need to talk honestly and see where they stand.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CaligulazBaby
Ok now I'm completely and totally confused. You agreed not to have sex until you were in a proper relationship...which came for you after 2 months...then what? You changed your mind about the sex? About the proper relationship? You said you were with him 4/5 months before he'd started acting strange? And he'd been acting strange for a month or so?

It sounds like shes saying that they slept together after two months, but a couple of months later he seemed less keen on the sex and stopped initiating it as much.

Maybe it has either fizzled out between the two of them, he's under a lot of stress or something which has affected his sex drive or he wants her to make a move more. That or it could just be over exaggerated, because once you have any kind of paranoid thoughts, people tend to overthink and analyise things.

OP, maybe just have a chat with him and find out if there's anything wrong? You won't know until you ask him, people can only give you possibilities, but noone will know the exact reason for this except him.
(edited 12 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
I am the OP, I dont think I made myself clear I slept with him after 2 months ( so YES i made him wait because for me sex must be with somebody I trust) but im not some evil women who witholds sex.

However I do not understand how you can argue that becuase I witheld giving in MY body I am some sort of **** girlfriend not worth his time, sex is part of a relationship it is not the basis of a realtionhip if i wanted to wait for sex he either accepts it or leaves he accetapted it and waited.

Thankyou very much to the people who supported my view, I dont think there is anything wrong with waiting granted some men cant wait so why not leave and go find somebody who will drop their knickers straight away?

lol!
You probably shouldhave mentioned that you slept with him after 2 months, people may have had a completely different opinion :rolleyes: 2 months is a fine timescale.

By your wording it sounded like you had held out for 5 months and then had wondered why said guy had become disinterested.
Reply 52
Original post by GirasoleL
However, in my experience any guy who has tried to move things from more sexual and less romantic actually has done the opposite of what you have just said. Whenever a guy has attempted this on me I've been pushed to feel unattratced to them. All the guys I've ever had proper attraction for started off as friends, why? Well, because I got to know them first and then started to feel more attracted to them, unlike the guys who make more sexual moves at me who I feel less attracted to.

What happens if one of these friends, whom you already have sufficient attraction, advance sexually to you?

By saying moving things more sexual and faster, I don't mean to skip the attraction. Yes, sometimes, a girl will be attracted to you fast and hard, sometimes, it takes time for her to be attracted to you. The point is, when you have perceived she is already attracted to you, PUSH FORWARD.

A guy who advance sexually to a woman without gauging her level of attraction is like a guess who comes to the party without invitation.

Unfortunatly for you, us girls are not all the same. Stop generalising us, what one girl does another will not, what one girl thinks another will disagee with, we also like different things. Same with guys.
Understanding the opposite sex by reading a book is stupid, because they usually completley ignore individual preferences, espcially for those who have been socialised in different ways and have grown up with different environments too.

It's your comment that is stupid. Have you READ THE BOOK? Read it then comment. The book has a sequel, read carefully and find in their if there are fantasies you also have. It's a document of different women who express their deepest wish yet do not dare to tell their boyfriends or lovers because of fear.

Girls should learn to shut up when they haven't read the book.

No, I am not just saying all this from a book, that's from my experience.

Also, for your record, I have never felt that way in a relationship, so this shows enough that we're all different and you're making wrong assumptions about us. If I wanted to act like a 'slut' I would without being in a relationship, I don't care about labels and could find someone without being in a relationship if I wanted to. I act sexual in a relationship because I want to be intimate with that person and share it with them, but for me its only one aspect of that relationship. If I only wanted sex and to release my sexual desires, I'd just go and flirt with a random guy and try and pick someone up.

So there you go. The bold statement shows you that you can act "slutty" to someone who is not in a relationship with, but you can't to a boyfriend? Why can't you act "slutty" to your boyfriend? You are afraid of losing him, that he thinks you are a slut therefore abandon the relationship with you?

Do you know how it feels when a girlfriend can have wild sex with a stranger yet hold this off to her boyfriend. If that's the case then one must wonder is there any way to have both wild sex like with a stranger and have the intimacy of someone in relationship.

No one is ever leading me and it doesn't feel natural. Plenty of women are strong and independant. How women act is based on socialization, not on instinct, if a girl is bought up in a setting where she is taught to be lead by a man she will be, if she's bought up in a setting where all the women are independant around her and taught that she doesn't need a man and she has rights of her own, she won't feel the need to be led.

If not, I must be an abonination to the human race as I feel no such biological instincts or functions....

I will give you an example to show what does it mean by leading?
You sitting across a coffee shop, your eyes are running across different pages from a magazine. Suddenly, a guy step in. There is something about this guy that you don't know, but you like his look, or you just like his eyes. He turns around and catch you look at him, you look downward.

He understands, he buy his coffee and go to you and just say "Hi", you guys have a conversation and he later asks you your phone number and ask for a date.

Now, that's leading. The man knows the woman likes him somehow, so he leads her. If you say you don't like to be led, perhaps you will be the one who just step ahead right into his face and ask him for a phone number and ask him for a date yourself.

Do you understand it now?

Some men are highly sexually attracted to surrendering power to the female and being the passive one and some females like being the powerful dominant one, the lead in the relationship. In this case its not killing the sexual attraction at all, its building on it and giving them great sex.

Ok

Once again, I must be a 'freak' of nature, cause I have no such instincts. I have no interest in child bearing and neither do I have any motherly instincts. I look for a man based on who will make ME feel good and who I care about, not based on who will be a good father.

All of these processes are unconcious. You don't THINK, you act. It's like hunger and thirst, they happen, you just act upon it, that's all.

I think you seem to feel like we still haven't evolved from monkeys. Humans are biologically and socially evolving all the time, no longer is the mating process so simple or do people get together for the same reasons. Not all couples ever choose to have children anyway, not all women choose relationships over sex first and not all men choose sex over relationships first. Also, about lesbians and gay men? They get into relationships too, but its not as simple as man gets with women. Same applies to asexuals, they might have no interest in sex, but they still have emotional attachement, so not all people have those insitincts.

Stop derailing the thread, we don't talk about lesbians, we don't talk about asexuals. We are talking about normal males and females.

Also, if a guy doesn't function based on this so called instinct of sex first, then relationship after, it would do the opposite of what you claim, it actually makes them more attractive to me.

I doubt that you even meet this kind of guy ever in your life, following your description.
Original post by Ortegas

X

My god you're impossible, We're just not going to agree here.

Long story short, there's nothing wrong with asking a man to wait until we're comfortable.

There is something wrong with the man agreeing and then punishing us for it.
Reply 54
Original post by Care-Free
My god you're impossible, We're just not going to agree here.

Long story short, there's nothing wrong with asking a man to wait until we're comfortable.

There is something wrong with the man agreeing and then punishing us for it.

Then there is nothing with a man to wait for it while getting it from the side.

End of the story!

Coercing your partner into giving you relationship while there is no sex, at the same time try to prevent him from meeting other women is just unfair.
Original post by Anonymous

Probably should've mentioned that in the OP :P

Anyway, sit him down and talk to him, it might not be the sex. If you were upset about something, anything at all you'd probably be a little pissed if your boyfriend tried to cheer you up with sex wouldnt you?

Ask him why he's been distant, if he doesnt tell you then make him aware that whatever it is seems to be effecting the relationship negatively and that you're there for him to talk to when he's ready.
Original post by Ortegas
Then there is nothing with a man to wait for it while getting it from the side.

End of the story!

Coercing your partner into giving you relationship while there is no sex, at the same time try to prevent him from meeting other women is just unfair.

There is everything wrong with getting it fro the side, it's called being a dirty cheating unfaithful little ****.

Everytime you have sex with one of your little willing sluts, there's a chance of pregnancy, no contraception is 100% reliable.

Everytime a girl has sex with you shes saying "yeah sure i'll risk the next 18 years of my life after you've so patiently waited for 3 whole dates", "yeah sure i'll risk the potential trauma of an abortion because you'll have already moved on to the next girl"

3 dates, or even 1 month is hardly the right relationship for the upbringing of a child, hell after 1 month i doubt a woman would even mention it, not that you'd care.

I know that if i was to fall pregnant now, i could sit down and have a conversation with my partner, we would talk through our options and find something we agree on.

can you, hand on heart, say the same thing about EVERY SINGLE one of your sexual partners? no you can just toddle off and say "not my problem."

that is why some girls want to wait, to make sure the guy isnt just going to run off at the first sign of a problem.

you're a misogynist, you dont give girls the respect they deserve, you dont give girls ANY respect for that matter unless they open theiy legs for you.
Original post by Ortegas
What happens if one of these friends, whom you already have sufficient attraction, advance sexually to you?

By saying moving things more sexual and faster, I don't mean to skip the attraction. Yes, sometimes, a girl will be attracted to you fast and hard, sometimes, it takes time for her to be attracted to you. The point is, when you have perceived she is already attracted to you, PUSH FORWARD.

But if my friend does make an advance, but pushes things sexually fast, that would end up putting me off them. How would you know how I would react? Only I myself knows and no, pushing forward wouldn't, in fact I like making the first move sometimes and even then I don't like jumping straight in there.

It's your comment that is stupid. Have you READ THE BOOK? Read it then comment. The book has a sequel, read carefully and find in their if there are fantasies you also have. It's a document of different women who express their deepest wish yet do not dare to tell their boyfriends or lovers because of fear.

Girls should learn to shut up when they haven't read the book.

No, I am not just saying all this from a book, that's from my experience.

However, those few girls in the book aren't representative of the millions of girls in the world. Obviously the girls who have those feeling or secret fantasies would agree to being in the book, but think of the many girls who were not in the book, the many who might not be like this. Stop generalising based on a few which you've read about.
Well I'm sorry, but I'm very open and have no fear in telling about what I find attractive, so that doesn't apply to me. If my boyfriend doesn't like them, well its not like we have to ever do it or its his loss :tongue:

I prefer to read books that are representative of people and are worth my time. I also have read simular books, to which have frustrated me because of how they falsley portray us or have written a load of rubbish which I know not to be true of all girls.

So there you go. The bold statement shows you that you can act "slutty" to someone who is not in a relationship with, but you can't to a boyfriend? Why can't you act "slutty" to your boyfriend? You are afraid of losing him, that he thinks you are a slut therefore abandon the relationship with you?

Do you know how it feels when a girlfriend can have wild sex with a stranger yet hold this off to her boyfriend. If that's the case then one must wonder is there any way to have both wild sex like with a stranger and have the intimacy of someone in relationship.

Stop twisting my words and changing how the word is used. I was hypothetically saying that IF I wanted to I could act like that and sleep with a stranger, but I DON'T want to, which is therefore why I don't act slutty with my boyfriend or seek ONS. I don't want to be 'slutty', its not my type of thing, which is why I don't act like that around my boyfriend, I act like myself and what feels right to me, which isn't like that.

I will give you an example to show what does it mean by leading?
You sitting across a coffee shop, your eyes are running across different pages from a magazine. Suddenly, a guy step in. There is something about this guy that you don't know, but you like his look, or you just like his eyes. He turns around and catch you look at him, you look downward.

He understands, he buy his coffee and go to you and just say "Hi", you guys have a conversation and he later asks you your phone number and ask for a date.

Now, that's leading. The man knows the woman likes him somehow, so he leads her. If you say you don't like to be led, perhaps you will be the one who just step ahead right into his face and ask him for a phone number and ask him for a date yourself.

Do you understand it now?

No, because I like to make the first move. Why can't us women be allowed to lead? Some of us do like taking the lead you know and guess what? Some guys find it a massive turn on.
Once again we're not all the same.

All of these processes are unconcious. You don't THINK, you act. It's like hunger and thirst, they happen, you just act upon it, that's all.

How convenient, especially when not only do I not feel these instincts but none my behaviour reinforces it. Although with hunger, thirst and the need to breath, I am concious of it and my behaviour does reinforce it. Even if some instincts were unconcious they'd show it in my behaviour, which they don't. In fact, my behaviour seems to proove them wrong. Why? Because we're all different and a lot of behaviours are socialized.
It seems you can't accept that someone actually act according to these ways. So, either I'm a freak or its normal for us to act in different ways and not all act in the same way.

Stop derailing the thread, we don't talk about lesbians, we don't talk about asexuals. We are talking about normal males and females.

But they still count as males and females, they just proove your talk about how males and females should act wrong. They're good counterexamples, so they are relevant.

I doubt that you even meet this kind of guy ever in your life, following your description.

Too bad, because I have and we've been going out for over a year now. Not only that, but we were good friends before so I know him very well. I also have a few guy friends who fit that description. You must be judging on yourself and the people who you hang around with, who must be conveniently like you. After all the people we associate with can have a massive inpact on our thoughts and views.
Reply 58
Original post by Ortegas
Epic multi-quote essays posts

No offence bro but couldn't you be doing something a bit more constructive with your time?

(Like actually getting laid...)
Reply 59
I am experiencing the same situation, but I am the guy. Having waited for 13 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending