The Student Room Group

environmental law(environmental protection act)

Hi, I know this looks really lazy of me to post a whole essay question up here and ask for help, but I really am battlling with this law module as I am studying Public health in year two as opposed to environmental health which requires you pass this module. If anyone could even give me a few keywords/phrases/acts etc. I would be more than grateful. Here we go. Many thanks in advance. :smile:

File note:

19 Middlesex Road, Enfield

The complainant is complaining about noise and dust for the building site at number 19 Middlesex Road. She says that the contractors start early in the morning, work until 9:00pm every evening and work all day every Saturday and Sunday using all sorts of noisy equipment. She is also concerned about dust coming off the site especially as Mrs Turner and her two young children suffer from asthma. If the work is not stopped she claims she is going to the papers and TV because of her children’s health.

Background Information
Prior to commencement of the works Mr Curbishley of the construction company, contacted the council because of local opposition to the development. He sought advice about working hours and best practicable means, however when works began he complained to the environmental health department that one of the neighbours began to be abusive and threatening to his employees on site.

The Planning Department is keen for the development to proceed as it was once a derelict site with a bad reputation for fly-tipping. Hence the company is under pressure to complete the works.

The development is a four storey building with commercial use on the ground floor and residential above. There will also be a basement car park. The site is congested and severely restricted for space.
Advice was given on working hours and dust control and on the need to be neighbourly since this is a long (18 months) contract.
You have been asked to investigate this complaint with a view to serving a notice under the Environmental Protection Act. (However please note that this would not apply if consent has been granted under section 60 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974)
TASK

Provide a 2000 word (max) report and case file including appropriate Statutory Notice suitably completed with a view to formal Service. You must follow the laws of evidence and evidential procedure with particular regard to continuity and integrity of the evidence.
You should demonstrate your ability to conduct investigations, record and interpret data and drawing appropriate conclusions
Reply 1
Ok, thank you very much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending