?
Report 10 years ago
Right, that's that sorted then!! Cheers
moodring01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nipples all the way. No denying the pain, but it hurts less for women. Go for the nipples, you'll love them. Ears are boring compared to nipples. Nipples are very exciting things to get pierced and guys/girls will love them on you.
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is getting all three done in one sitting not recommended?
Doyds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello everyone.. This is my first venture into this thread, so bear with me I want to get my nose pierced & I have various questions:
Would it suit me in your opinions? (See profile pic)
Can I have it done with a clear stud? I'm still at school you see & not sure if they'll appreciate it.
What is the risk of it going wrong?!

Thanks if anyone can help
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was going to get both nipples and my helix but I didn't have enough money. Your adrenalin might wear off somewhat after one nipple so it can hurt more and you can jerk back as well, I've been told. I'm getting my helix done on tuesday and after 24 hours I already love my left nipple a lot more than my right, now it's not so naked. Getting the other one done soon too.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Doyds)
Hello everyone.. This is my first venture into this thread, so bear with me I want to get my nose pierced & I have various questions:
Can I have it done with a clear stud? I'm still at school you see & not sure if they'll appreciate it.

you'd suit it...but I'm not 'in the know' enough to answer the other questions.
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Doyds)

Nose piercings can look very discreet. My friend was allowed hers and we go to a strict school. It's not garish, gold and small. She kept it clean and regularly washes it and so hasn't had any problems with it, she loves hers.

I think it would suit you. They're not massive statements and you can always take it out if you don't like it.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you'd suit it!

The chances of getting it done with a retainer are small though.. its possible obviously but i heard nostrils dont heal too well with ptfe/bioplast. Your best bet is to wait for the easter holidays! changing it after 3 weeks isnt advisable but i changed mine after only 2 and its fine.

risks.. your only risk is the dreaded 'bump' which is highly likely to appear.. it'll just look like a big spot and will go away with time.
Doyds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh brilliant, thanks guys, I think I'll go for it! I'll wait for the holidays & then get a plain one, hope they don't notice when I go back to school, and if they do I'll switch it.
'Bump'? Hmm, I reckon I can live with that, as long as it goes away!!?
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know this ptfe stuff. Can I use it for my nipple and ear piercings? What about eyebrows? Is it really discreet if I can have it through my eyebrow after it's healed? I want it for my nipples coz I don't want to sunbathe with metal heating me up.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah.. theyre a bit strange, bumps. Sometimes sea salt soaks help them, sometimes its best to leave it alone.. strangely enough i got rid of the one on my nostril after only a week or so by stretching it! the one i had on my conch lasted a year though

and i noticed youre in Nottingham.. i recommend Access All Areas, though they do nostrils at 1.2mm as standard it seems so you may have to ask if they can do it with a 1mm nose screw insted for it to look more discreet.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by moodring01)
You know this ptfe stuff. Can I use it for my nipple and ear piercings? What about eyebrows? Is it really discreet if I can have it through my eyebrow after it's healed? I want it for my nipples coz I don't want to sunbathe with metal heating me up.
yeah you can use it for anything, go to a studio and see if they'll sell you 1m for a tenner! For eyebrows though id recommend acrylic, as you can buy curved retainers specifically for eyebrows... these
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
yeah you can use it for anything, go to a studio and see if they'll sell you 1m for a tenner! For eyebrows though id recommend acrylic, as you can buy curved retainers specifically for eyebrows... these
Thanks,

And how long will it be before I can change the initial eyebrow jewellery for the acrylic (is it very discreet? I need it for work)? Is it too obvious? Wait I'm assuming things here about initial jewellery...I don't know much.

With the 1m strip - don't you have to buy that special cutter tool and that's like £15?
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With the 1m strip - don't you have to buy that special cutter tool and that's like £15?
I'm pretty sure scissors do a good enough job.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nah you can thread it yourself.. it doesnt thread perfect without the cutter but it works. just cut a bit off at a 45degree angle and use a metal threaded ball to create the thread. I have no idea on eyebrow healing time though im afraid!
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok so I really need to know about threading. What do you mean when you thread? It's everywhere but I'm not too sure what it entails.

So there's the long rod and the two balls that screw on either end on my nipple and tongue. I'd quite like to know what to say and be in the know, thanks for any help!
Subbacultcha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok so I really need to know about threading. What do you mean when you thread? It's everywhere but I'm not too sure what it entails.

So there's the long rod and the two balls that screw on either end on my nipple and tongue. I'd quite like to know what to say and be in the know, thanks for any help!
okies well you know on the end of your barbells, when you screw the balls on and off, there is the twisty bit on the end of the bar, like a screw with it's thread, basically.... that's the thread, and the balls have the thread inside them.... you can get internally threaded barbells where the thread is outside the ball so you dont rip the piercing putting the jagged thread of the bar in....

however, when you cut ptfe or acrylic or whatever, theres no indents/thread to screw the ball onto so you have to make the thread yourself by screwing a balll on a few times (thats what i do anyway)

hope that helps a bit...
Subbacultcha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.bodyartforms.com/terminology.asp

the bottom of this page explains all...
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you very much. God two months ago I never would have thought I would be getting so many done. I'd thought about them and all but not really thought about it. I'm really impressed with how knowledgeable most people seem to be about piercings. Everyone's been so helpful. I don't do regret and I can always take the lil' things out if I change my mind.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed