Turn on thread page Beta

Bod Mod Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I put vit E on twice a day - maybe I'll try the jojoba stuff and hanging things on it. Trust me, i WILL stretch it, one day...it may take years, but one day it will be 00g. One day.

ReputationRep:
    If you're really, completely 100% you want stretched lobes, look into getting it scalpelled. You might be able to get it straight to 00g or you might not, but scalpelled ears tend to be really stretchy once healed so even if it can only go straight to 2g or something, getting to 00g shouldn't be a problem after. But yeah, obviously a MUCH smaller chance of them ever shrinking if you do go for that, so think about it for a while until you're sure.

ReputationRep:
    True. I like the option of them shrinking (which is why I only want to go to 00g) but I'd rather have permanently stretched lobes than not stretched at all.

After all, when we're old we can just wear solid plugs.

But does stretching get addictive? There are so many "I was going to stop there but I couldn't help myself" stories on BME...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I planned to stop at 4g or 2g, but I carried on stretching to 1/2". I just think my ears look better like this. I might go bigger because I like how certain plugs look in larger sizes, but if I do it won't be for a while. I've been at 1/2" for about a year now.

ReputationRep:
    i would love to go to 1/2'' but i think my parents might notice something was up...
    i've been wearing tapers for months and they still just think that it's a big fancy earring.
    Tee hee. I'm so very bad. I don't think I'll go over 00g til I'm eighteen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coni)
    Woo I had mine done last week an love it, even though its rather red now cause I kept catching it on everything, hope the redness goes down soon so its looks pretty again
    Well I've had mine for a week now and the bottom hole is getting quite red I've been using a salt solution on it but I've only been cleaning it, not actually soaking it with the salt so think I'll try doing that now!

I absolutely love it - only thing is I've got a standard piercing aswell and thats slightly wonky so need this to heal so can get the top repierced!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I started just cleaning mine with salt solution, but then I started soaking it and most of the redness has gone yay

I still catch the bottom ball on nearly everything lol, think I'll get the top pierced next payday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    A lot of piercers offer them now, but definitely find someone who has been doing them for as long as possible and has a portfolio of them, not someone who's just jumping on the latest bandwagon without carrying out much research or practicing much first.

Mine were the most painful things I've had so far, but they are in really thin skin under my collarbones so I guess it's a sensitive area? I also hate my collarbones being touched or poked, haha.

Mine originally cost £35 each with plain discs but I have a discount card for my piercers, so it was just under £60 for both.
    Thanks Kate, a beacon of info as usual lol.

ReputationRep:
    I got my left eyebrow pierced yesterday - for free!
    But damn it's got me wanting more right now, and I'm not getting my next one 'til the 15th April which I know isn't all that far away but still! They're so addictive x

ReputationRep:
    based upon pic below of face and face shape, does anyone think a nose piercing would rele rele not suit me??? I'm toying with the idea (think eventually i'd prefer a ring in rather than a stud - does it have to be pierced with a stud???) - also, how easily can you see the part of the stud that is in the nose? cos my nostrils flare a lot when i laugh! and i don't want some piece of metal being visible out of my nostril the whole time :rolleyes:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I think nostril piercings suit most people, really. I can't see it looking awful on you, anyway! You can get it done with a ring if you want (although be aware healing time is often extended or made more problematic with rings). I wear labret studs in mine (Neometal, mmm) so there's less metal inside to see, but when I did wear nostril screws, one of them kept falling down and poking out all the time. I can see my boyfriends, but only because I'm small and look up at him :P It's not that bad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subbacultcha)
    based upon pic below of face and face shape, does anyone think a nose piercing would rele rele not suit me??? I'm toying with the idea (think eventually i'd prefer a ring in rather than a stud - does it have to be pierced with a stud???) - also, how easily can you see the part of the stud that is in the nose? cos my nostrils flare a lot when i laugh! and i don't want some piece of metal being visible out of my nostril the whole time :rolleyes:
    Yea, think it would very much suit you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kordking)
    Yea, think it would very much suit you
    thanks *eagerly awaits arrival of next installment of student loan*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    when the dodgy lady screwed mine in with the end of the nose screw facing outside, everyone could see the end and thought i had a constant boogie. Now i've got my nose done the second time, the screw is facing my brain and you can't see it at all

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a nice 6-7mm plug for sale? The school are getting pissed off with my taper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekahchu)
    I got my left eyebrow pierced yesterday - for free!
    Where and how? :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    Where and how? :|
    Tribe in Glasgow - there's a guy there who's basically an apprentice piercer and I told him he could practice one's he'd never done before on me so he doesn't charge me for it. Next one hopefully a Scaffold in my left ear.

ReputationRep:
    where is tribe in glasgow? is it the one off the great western road, near the glasgow academy? would you recommend it? i dont know any other piercing places in Glasgow as only just moved here this summer... and am at uni most of the time so no time to explore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subbacultcha)
    where is tribe in glasgow? is it the one off the great western road, near the glasgow academy? would you recommend it? i dont know any other piercing places in Glasgow as only just moved here this summer... and am at uni most of the time so no time to explore...
    Yeah, Bank Street. I've had many piercings there and it's where I'm going for my first tattoo and I'd definitely recommend it. Patsy is the main piercer there and Tim is her apprentice sort of dude I only know 2 others in Glasgow, one I can't remember the name of just off Byres Road and Nirvana which is just off Argyll St I think.

ReputationRep:
    thanks what tattoo are you getting??

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.