Bod Mod Society Watch

bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol, they put numbing spray on it and told me to go away for half an hour so I went to an Internet cafe :P
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
=/ Not a fan of freeze spray. Unnecessary, only numbs the top layers of skin and can cause minor frostbite and longer healing problems. And I really wouldn't want it anywhere near genitals tbh. Personally I wouldn't be happy with a piercer using freeze spray at all.

(edit - if it wasn't freeze spray but something like EMLA, that's different, but still not recommended for use on genitals as far as I know...I've read contradicting information on it though)
Char Star
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was thinking of using EMLA when I get my tattoo outline coloured in in a few weeks - does it really work then? And how long does it last if it does work? My artist said I could use it if I really wanted but she didn't think it worked that well...
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some people say it works, some don't.

"I have to tell you, when I had my nipples pierced, I had an EMLA patch on one side ond nothing on the other, left the EMLA on for a good 45 minutes or so prior to the piercing being done, and it really didn't make a damned bit of difference"
- Lori, BME QOD4
Char Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm. I've found somewhere that sells it for £2 so I might just buy some and try it out on my hands and then poke it or something..
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I avoid freeze spray tbh.. certainly wouldnt want it used down there unless id thouroughly researched the ingredients.. but then im like that with all products.

how did it go otherwise Beka? this is one i wont ask for pics of.. :p:

glad someone likes the spikes! i'll probably wear shorter barbels with balls on the inside, but to the same effect. I also went into Access All Areas today to ask about dermal punching.. they charge £50 :eek:
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What exactly is dermal punching?
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
like a hole punch :p:

Cartilage is very very difficult to stretch.. so if you want a cartilage piercing thats over 2mm its easier to actually remove a circle of cartilage..

It actually heals pretty fast, though ive heard its extremely painful... i want my right conch done at 6mm
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well SD, I personally wouldn't go to bodycraft. they'll probably be cheaper than AAA but man i prefer them personally. I know they get mixed opinions but Bodycraft didn't feel right to me. I asked them about microdermals last time i went and they said £40/£45 if i remember correctly and i was like :eek: hehe

quick question.i've been trying to stretch my lobes. i went from a bog standard hole to 1.6mm and it's stretched. even after i took out the labret for 2 months or so and forgot about it,it still went in pretty easy. but the thing is,once i wear it for a bit, my ears feel sore and hot and i don't know why. i took the 2 month break thinking i'd stretched too much but like i said,when i tried again,the 1.6mm went in easy,but then the soreness thing happened again and i removed it and it went after like 2 days. anyone know what's up?

oh and once this month's overtime paycheck comes in,i think i'm getting my next nose hole done so it'll be a double
Treble Clef
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Hi, I just have a quick question. I've got my earlobes pierced and it's now been 8 weeks, so I can take them out. Is there a particular type of metal that I should use for the first x months or so? Should I stick to studs or can I wear dangly ones too? Thanks
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I prefer getting piercings done without the spray but I was given it and didn't want to say no for the piercer to turn around and say "I told you so."

Didn't want to act like the "hard man" then regret it lol
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
I avoid freeze spray tbh.. certainly wouldnt want it used down there unless id thouroughly researched the ingredients.. but then im like that with all products.

how did it go otherwise Beka? this is one i wont ask for pics of.. :p:

glad someone likes the spikes! i'll probably wear shorter barbels with balls on the inside, but to the same effect. I also went into Access All Areas today to ask about dermal punching.. they charge £50 :eek:
I totally love my new piercing, it's amazing would definitely recommend it to any girl and it's so pretty (if I say so myself, but generally I think those piercings are) It's my new fave piercing. Oh and as of today I'm now of legal age to be tattooed! And I'm getting my first one on Friday
h-rach
Report 10 years ago
don't know if anyone remembers me from before, but just thought i'd update on my tragus - i was whinging after it was playing up a couple of weeks after being pierced.

its been almost two months now, and after many ups and downs i'm almost completely satisfied with it. the most annoying problem was that just as i felt it was almost 'healed' i spent the most part of a long journey wearing headphones (over ear) which irritated the piercing no end: red, swollen and painful. I spent most of my easter holidays trying different things - leaving it alone, salt water soaks, mild anticbacterial soaps - but i have to recommend tea tree oil for anyone in this situation. its dried out my tragus, but the weird red lumps and soreness are gradually disappearing.

just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? i'm looking forward to finally having a problem-free ear and planning my next piercing!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
tragus piercings take at least 8 months before you can consider saying they're healed.it's more like it's settled. you'll continue to have ups and downs with it as it's a cartilage piercing,as long as you avoid irritating it and it's not infected then you're ok. my anti-tragus is just like that.to be safe, i'm still not wearing headphones in it but it has it's ups and downs as well.
Char Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bekahchu)
Oh and as of today I'm now of legal age to be tattooed! And I'm getting my first one on Friday
Welcome to the dark side! What are you getting?
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Char Star)
Welcome to the dark side! What are you getting?
Rose and ivy entwined round my left wrist and possibly a small diamond on each foot
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
well SD, I personally wouldn't go to bodycraft. they'll probably be cheaper than AAA but man i prefer them personally. I know they get mixed opinions but Bodycraft didn't feel right to me. I asked them about microdermals last time i went and they said £40/£45 if i remember correctly and i was like :eek: hehe

quick question.i've been trying to stretch my lobes. i went from a bog standard hole to 1.6mm and it's stretched. even after i took out the labret for 2 months or so and forgot about it,it still went in pretty easy. but the thing is,once i wear it for a bit, my ears feel sore and hot and i don't know why. i took the 2 month break thinking i'd stretched too much but like i said,when i tried again,the 1.6mm went in easy,but then the soreness thing happened again and i removed it and it went after like 2 days. anyone know what's up?

oh and once this month's overtime paycheck comes in,i think i'm getting my next nose hole done so it'll be a double
Bodycraft dont even do dermal punches! Im off to London tomorrow though so going to ask around down there.

Stretches can flare up a bit.. even if it went in pretty easily it would have strecthed the flesh which can irritate it. If you leave it in it should settle down after a week or so.. The other option is that your ears dont like the material. If youre using acrylic or steel you may be better off trying something titanium. Its generally known to treat stretches as new piercings in terms of what jewellery is suitable.. ive never had problems stretching with acrylic but some people i know have.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm they're steel...but all my other things i think are steel and i've not reacted to them.and it only happens in one ear most of the time :mad:

i didn't know bodycraft didn't do dermal punches.i was only replying based on what you said about AAA.
armageddonbride
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love tattoos, moreso than piercings. I have five, one on each wrist, on my foot, upper back, and a HUGE one on my lower back

Hopefully I'm gonna have my half sleeve before I start uni!
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by armageddonbride)
I love tattoos, moreso than piercings. I have five, one on each wrist, on my foot, upper back, and a HUGE one on my lower back

Hopefully I'm gonna have my half sleeve before I start uni!
I agree, although I'm forcing myself to get piercings now before I end up covered head to foot in ink :p:
Labret here I come baby
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (53)
98.15%
No (1)
1.85%

Watched Threads