Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ooh what's the first signs of infection in a piercing? My eyebrow is reddish at the top. Does it hurt? I've had it a week and a half now and couldn't be bothered to use my salty water much. I know it was wrong, lol! I've noticed it going a little reddish but I do sleep on it so that might aggravate it a bit, I think. I've heard a lot about eyebrows rejecting so I'm now cleaning it properly.

Another thing changing the balls is sooooo hard. They're so small and fiddly for my eyebrow. Even my tongue is difficult. And I don't even get better with practice. I completely suck at it. My fingers cover the hole and I can't fit it in and twist at the same time when the balls are so small.

OoH I'm getting a vertical left nipple piercing behind my horizontal one on saturday. I can't wait. Then a week later I'll get the other one done. I think they'll look so cool.

ReputationRep:
    PAAINN!! SO MUCH PAIN! and so much blood..

I got my dermal punch, for those who hadn't guessed

seriously. i have never been in so much pain. The less experienced piercer in the studio watched the whole thing and and looked scared haha! totally worth it though as it looks AWESOME!

It bled a stupid amount though.. i got home and used up 5 cotton buds just cleaning a massive clot of blood from the inside of my ear. Gem gave me a pack with some gauze, padding, tape and gloves to dress it properly so it doesnt bleed everywhere in my sleep which is good.

afterwards i felt alright so went to get a coffee.. then realised i had a huge trickle of blood pouring down my neck. :rolleyes:

anyways, piccies! excuse the mess.. i cleaned 99% of the blood up but i didnt want to poke at it too much.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moodring01)
    Ooh what's the first signs of infection in a piercing? My eyebrow is reddish at the top. Does it hurt? I've had it a week and a half now and couldn't be bothered to use my salty water much. I know it was wrong, lol! I've noticed it going a little reddish but I do sleep on it so that might aggravate it a bit, I think. I've heard a lot about eyebrows rejecting so I'm now cleaning it properly.

Another thing changing the balls is sooooo hard. They're so small and fiddly for my eyebrow. Even my tongue is difficult. And I don't even get better with practice. I completely suck at it. My fingers cover the hole and I can't fit it in and twist at the same time when the balls are so small.

OoH I'm getting a vertical left nipple piercing behind my horizontal one on saturday. I can't wait. Then a week later I'll get the other one done. I think they'll look so cool.
    Try your best not to sleep on it...and why are you changing the balls? Messing with it so soon is just going to irritate it and possibly make it reject.

The signs of infection are redness, pain, swelling, yellow/green pus, itching.

SoundDevastation: DON'T SCARE ME WITH PAIN STORIES
    haha.

I'm not getting my conch done till September now, anyway. My helix on the other ear is being annoying to sleep on so I'd have no side to sleep on, and I think I'll be pushing it at my summer job anyway with my clavicle microdermals, heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)

seriously. i have never been in so much pain. The less experienced piercer in the studio watched the whole thing and and looked scared haha! totally worth it though as it looks AWESOME!

It bled a stupid amount though.. i got home and used up 5 cotton buds just cleaning a massive clot of blood from the inside of my ear. Gem gave me a pack with some gauze, padding, tape and gloves to dress it properly so it doesnt bleed everywhere in my sleep which is good.

afterwards i felt alright so went to get a coffee.. then realised i had a huge trickle of blood pouring down my neck. :rolleyes:

anyways, piccies! excuse the mess.. i cleaned 99% of the blood up but i didnt want to poke at it too much.
    o m g I don't know how you went through with that, I didn't really know where a dermal punch was when you were talking about it, I was thinking it was just through the thinner bit of your ear, but my god *shivers* well done to you :yy:

ReputationRep:

That does look painful... are you going to be able to wear headphones with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    o m g I don't know how you went through with that, I didn't really know where a dermal punch was when you were talking about it, I was thinking it was just through the thinner bit of your ear, but my god *shivers* well done to you :yy:
    A dermal punch isn't a specific place, it's just the method ;D That's an inner conch dermal punch, but outer conch/'flats' (the thinner bit) are common areas to be punched too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    A dermal punch isn't a specific place, it's just the method ;D That's an inner conch dermal punch, but outer conch/'flats' (the thinner bit) are common areas to be punched too.

ahh right heh *n00b* you knew what I meant :p:

ReputationRep:

That looks amazin! :eek: So jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Try your best not to sleep on it...and why are you changing the balls? Messing with it so soon is just going to irritate it and possibly make it reject.

The signs of infection are redness, pain, swelling, yellow/green pus, itching.

SoundDevastation: DON'T SCARE ME WITH PAIN STORIES
    haha.

I'm not getting my conch done till September now, anyway. My helix on the other ear is being annoying to sleep on so I'd have no side to sleep on, and I think I'll be pushing it at my summer job anyway with my clavicle microdermals, heh.
    I had to take it out two days after I had it done to go and see my deputy head of my school. I put it in straight back in afterwards. Luckily at the moment it's only a little bit red and I'm giving it a good clean daily.

Oh gosh, I think ear piercings (excluding the lobes) are more painful than all my other piercings. I don't know how some people can take the initial pain and subsequent discomfort! Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    That does look painful... are you going to be able to wear headphones with that?
    It was rediculously painful.. first time ive ever squealed and curled up in a ball on the chair haha.. good job id had a good lunch or i would have passed out. Im well happy i did it though! was a major high afterwards despite the pain.. then i went home and ended up falling asleep, woke up on a wet pool of blood on the pillow. lovely :rolleyes:

I'll be able to wear earphones after a few weeks i think. My normal conch piercing in my other ear has never been a problem and i wear a 6mm ball on that so its practically the same in that sense.

It should also be relatively easy to heal.. whereas normal peircings push the cartilage aside, this puts no pressure on the surrounding tissue. Its obviously open cartilage though.. id like to know what it looks like on the inside but i wont be removing it for months.

fun times :p:

and don't worry kate, its worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Woo I got my tongue done

But it has swollen like a b****!! Anyone know any ways to get the swelling to go down? Its terrible I can barely speak and even having a drink isnt easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelgirl)
    Woo I got my tongue done

But it has swollen like a b****!! Anyone know any ways to get the swelling to go down? Its terrible I can barely speak and even having a drink isnt easy.
    Suck on ice! I can imagine it's nice considering it's hot outside too

How long ago did you get it done? The second and third days are the worst..

ReputationRep:
    today is the third day lol...mmm an excuse to eat loadsa ice lollies...that cannot be bad! although actually sucking them may be difficult

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah.. sucking them would be difficult.. drinking loads of ice water worked for me.

Take Nurofen too, it'll calm it down from within..

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems like my lip has just about healed so i was thinking about swapping the ring. Thing is its a ball closure one and i know most people are gonna say "go to your piercer" to get it changed but im a fickle beast and usually switch between different piercings whenever the mood takes me so ideally i want to be able to change it myself.

So basically, is it that hard to change ball-closure rings? I know you've gotta get some pliers but is there anything else i should keep in mind?

Incidentally im changing it for a spiral, that wont mess up the hole will it? Seeing as its a curved piece of jewellry - slanting to the left/right instead of a straight ring will i not be able to put a normal ring back in? Just in case it closes round the spiral? Its kinda hard to describe i hope you guys know what i mean!

Thanks in advance! I knowz im teh noobz

ReputationRep:
    ball closure rings are easy enough once you get the hang of them. spirals are even easier to change. It shouldnt be a problem as long as its healed.

argh my dermal punch is bleeeeding still. had it done wednesday afternoon and thought the bleeding had about stopped but half way through my shift at work it just started again.. its filled up my ear and literally running down my neck. the people on the bus were well freaked out.. haha

ReputationRep:
    ball closure rings are easy enough once you get the hang of them. spirals are even easier to change. It shouldnt be a problem as long as its healed.

argh my dermal punch is bleeeeding still. had it done wednesday afternoon and thought the bleeding had about stopped but half way through my shift at work it just started again.. its filled up my ear and literally running down my neck. the people on the bus were well freaked out.. haha
    Ouch, sounds fun! You so should have started twitching and half blinking (wink one eye and then the other really quickly) Clicking your tongue wouldnt have gone amiss either :p:

Ta muchly for the info, greatly appreceiated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelgirl)
    I've never had any piercings done since my dad got my ears done when I was a lil'un, I really want my tongue pierced but have heard a few people say that their tongue was so swollen that they could barely talk afterwards...is this common?
    Also, how can I find out if the place I go to is anygood before I let them shove something though my tongue??
    I live in Liverpool if anyone knows anywhere good

(oh and those time plugs are gorgeous!!!)
    Third floor Grand Central on Renshaw Street (Rapid) are really good. =]

Gutted, all three of my eyebrow bars rejected and my nipple piercing had to come out yesterday.... it was only 8months old damnit! My body wont accept any other piercings other than my tongue and ears..... sigh.

Tragus, daiths and helix it is then

ReputationRep:
    haha.. i wish it would stop now though.. its dripping from my earlobe and its all over my bed and getting on my laptop, its not even scabbing its just dripping everywhere.

(this is the fun you have to look forward too kate haha!)

ReputationRep:
    Save all the blood and make a blood pack out of it - then get a friend to pretend to stab you with one of those fake knives.

The police will love you, trust me.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.