The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

nevermind.. was a fun evening anyway! hows your ear?!
loads better, still hurts a bit obviously when i flick it by accident, but it's ok, the lower has settled down as well. :smile:
goooood :smile:
anyone heard about this new way of having tattoos covered?

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2008/07/02/pharrell_williams_covering_up_his_tattoos_literally.php

sorry about the source lol, sounds interesting huh? I mean, I believe tattoos should be done for life, but just thought it was a cool idea :smile:
Laser treatment sounds more normal...
It seems really creepy to grow skin over a tattoo!
Yuffie

Well the skin is grown somewhere else and attached after...I think

I spose the advantage is it totally covers the tattoo as opposed to just blurring it.
Do they cut the tattoed bit of skin off before they stick on the new skin?

I've been thinking more seriously about getting a tattoo lately. I want a flower on the back of my neck in sepia or greyscale, roughly thumb sized. Does anyone know how much that costs on average? Its my birthday in september, I'm thinking it would be a good time :biggrin:
Yuffie

Oh how is your nose doing? I would bloody love a nose job!
WarmSound
Oh how is your nose doing? I would bloody love a nose job!

It's at the stage of having a really swollen tip which apparently doesn't start to go down until 3 months, and won't be unswollen for a year :mad:

It means I look like a troll under the bridge with a massive bulbous nose. Not too happy, but the bump is gone. Can't wait for it to unswell.
Yuffie
It's at the stage of having a really swollen tip which apparently doesn't start to go down until 3 months, and won't be unswollen for a year :mad:

It means I look like a troll under the bridge with a massive bulbous nose. Not too happy, but the bump is gone. Can't wait for it to unswell.

Woah thats ages! I bet you'll feel great when its finally looking how you want it to. On things like 10 years younger people seem to get back to normal pretty quickly. How misleading :p:
WarmSound
Woah thats ages! I bet you'll feel great when its finally looking how you want it to. On things like 10 years younger people seem to get back to normal pretty quickly. How misleading :p:

Here's a picture of mega bulbousness. I was in bed so sorry about giant mens jumper and worst hair in the entire universe.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/p344/?action=view&current=100_0659.jpg

You hear about loads of pitfalls of deviated septums but never the year long huge swelling.
Yuffie
Here's a picture of mega bulbousness. I was in bed so sorry about giant mens jumper and worst hair in the entire universe.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/p344/?action=view&current=100_0659.jpg

You hear about loads of pitfalls of nose jobs but never the year long huge swelling.

That honestly looks fine to me! Better than fine, even. Did they not mention anything about the year long swelling at all? It's something I'd want to know about.. but it looks great to me, anyway.
Thanks. It looks worse than that sometimes though, like really big - bigger than it was before, and the swelling's made it go a bit turned up. It's worth like 6 months of looking a bit dodgy though if it means it'll look better in the long run. Plus I can actually breathe through my nose now! Not been able to since I was a kid.
WarmSound
Do they cut the tattoed bit of skin off before they stick on the new skin?

I've been thinking more seriously about getting a tattoo lately. I want a flower on the back of my neck in sepia or greyscale, roughly thumb sized. Does anyone know how much that costs on average? Its my birthday in september, I'm thinking it would be a good time :biggrin:

probably £30.. thats the usual 'minimum' for the sterilization, set up, and little designs... bot mine are much bigger than you described and both were £30.

Yuffie it looks great!
Heya, I have a piercing issue and I figured here was the best place to post!
So I have had my navel pierced for six months and the other day I must have ripped it at the bottom because there is a larger hole and I can kinda see my flesh poking through :s-smilie:
I'm really unsure what to do, I am going back to the piercing studio tomorrow, but am really worried!
I've developed a blood blister on the top part of my scaffold :frown: Sigh. I was going to put two BCR's in it again, but im going on holiday in a couple of days, and there is no way i would be able to get any in time. And i looove my barbell anyway.

Hopefully it'll burst or something, i hope so anyway :s-smilie:

Argh, since my piercer stretched it up to 1.6mm.. ive had so many problems with it. :mad: I wanted it to stay at 1.2mm, but no, that 'can cause the cheese-wire effect' :frown: Bad times.
my nosebone fell out last night when i was sleeping.
how on earth do i get an L shaped nose stud into my nose.
any advice :/
my nose is so red from trying.

and i don't have any bones left :frown:
help
xxxx
do you mean just a normal nose piercing? is it new? because the nose is one of the fastest healing parts of the body and nose piercings close up quickly. i've had mine done a year and a half and i took it out for 2.5 hours for a sports comp and it bled when i put it back in. if you really can't get it back in yourself then you need to go back to a piercest and ask for their help.
yeah I agree with yellowdaisy. When my L bar thing fell out it healed up overnight and I tried for HOURS (wll one maybe..) to get it back in and gave up cos it just wasn't. Then I went to the peircer and asked them to do it and he couldn't and it was painful and awful!

To get it in though just try to manouver it about with one finger and apply a little pressure when the corner is reached. I think that's the only way to get that awkward bend to go though the hole.
Reply 3199
Use lube and try after a warm shower/bath. Or just soak it in hot water for a while. Or go to a piercer as soon as possible and get it tapered open.

Quick Reply

Latest