Bod Mod Society Watch

Fyska
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
sounds like a keloid (sp) to me. I have one on my lip atm
Do they go away after a while? Had a read on wikipedia, the pictures on there are mingin!!
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, i think you can massage them with vit E it helps them break down.
KatieUni08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my first tattoo yesterday Just thought I'd share the joy; it was a special treat to myself and to symbolise my A level results I'm so glad I've got it done.

[/pointlesspost]
Quita
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
ooo can we see pics bekachu?!

I've had them for more than 6 months now...I don't remember how long actually lol I didn't take it out and I don't think they hardly noticed it which is cool as no one mentioned it apart from the daughter like later on in the day,so all is well.

aww Quita, shame you had to take it out, I bet it was pretty. any ideas what you're getting next? I've been thinking about my tattoo for a while now and I'm coming round to the idea of word tattos..it was either that or chinese (sadly too common) or japanese (too many characters!) lol

Next is going to be a tattoo me thinks. I'm more into my tattoos than piercings so the labret was the only thing i really really wanted to do.
Quita
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
sounds like a keloid (sp) to me. I have one on my lip atm
You may mean hypertrophic scarring. Keloids are rather rare, and often have to be surgically removed, whereas scarring is more likely to go down with vit e oil.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Quita)
You may mean hypertrophic scarring. Keloids are rather rare, and often have to be surgically removed, whereas scarring is more likely to go down with vit e oil.
When my second nose ring ****ed up a lump formed then went away, always assumed that was a keloid. I should really start learning about what i'm doing to my body
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starless_dark)
D'you reckon I'd be better off not going to HTT for microdermals?
Eh, it's up to you. Don't know how good anywhere else would be in comparison. Tiff said the rises used on mine were definitely longer than necessary, and the discs were on ridiculously tightly, so personally I probably wouldn't go back. Other people have been fine though I guess.

(Original post by Fyska)
Help!!

I had my nose done just over 4 weeks ago, everything had been perfect and all looked good. Last night though, I managed to hit myself in the nose stud really hard (I have no idea how, I wasn't even drunk) - it hurt but I didn't think much of it. I now have a small lump beside the stud on one side?!

What do I do? I've disinfected the area and stuff, it seems a little smaller, but I dunno. Will it go away in a few days if I keep it clean, or do I need to pop it or what?

Thanks
What do you mean by 'disinfected the area'? =/ Just do one sea salt soak and one chamomile tea bag compress a day. Nothing harsh should be necessary.

And yeah, hypertrophic scarring and boils are a million times more common than keloids. Keloids don't just go with a bit of oil massage and they tend to be pretty big!
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah my mistake i think i have the scarring and the keloids mixed up. :p:
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Question people -

Probably getting a tattoo cover up this week...

But, I need to get back to kayaking asap afterwards - probably just a couple of pool sessions in september before the season really starts. (yes, that is kayaking in a chlorinated swimming pool). Naturally during these pool sessions I'll be submerged for about 10 minutes out of 45... (whilst rolling etc)

Now - I've been reading guidlines on the internet that swimming should wait 2-3 weeks after the tattoo has been done.

Is there any benefit of getting some clingfilm and taping it on my back over the tattoo with duck tape or similar in an attempt to keep the water out?? Or am I safe to be getting back in the water after 2 weeks anyway?
coni
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went in a pool 5 days after having a tattoo but didn't have a choice as I'm a lifeguard :P
My tattooist recommended at least 10 days so you should be fine after 2 weeks
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coni)
I went in a pool 5 days after having a tattoo but didn't have a choice as I'm a lifeguard :P
My tattooist recommended at least 10 days so you should be fine after 2 weeks
How big was your tattoo?
coni
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lampshade)
How big was your tattoo?
About 4 by 3 inches
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coni)
About 4 by 3 inches
About the same as my cover up will be actually.

Excellent. I should be fine
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey I was thinking of getting my first tattoo this week to commemorate two extremely important events in my life, one being my entrance into medical school and the second being the 1 year since my aunt died suddenly. Also I think the tribal tiger suits my character as someone who is strong willed, fiery when provoked etc, also my aunt had a large black cat which I thought was a good connection.

where do you think i should get it?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want a new piercing so much, but the ones I want I can't do myself and I don't have a piercer I trust enough
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sucks to be you.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fatal)
Hey I was thinking of getting my first tattoo this week to commemorate two extremely important events in my life, one being my entrance into medical school and the second being the 1 year since my aunt died suddenly. Also I think the tribal tiger suits my character as someone who is strong willed, fiery when provoked etc, also my aunt had a large black cat which I thought was a good connection.

Sorry, but that looks bugger all like a tiger to me...so I vote don't get it. I hate flash, I hate tribal. Take a look through this thread..if you still want it, fair enough, but I will never understand why people still want basic flash after seeing what can be done by a good artist. I don't really mean to offend you or anything, there are just a million and one nicer designs you could think of, I'm sure. Why not make a list of things that remind you of your aunt and take them into an artist and have a talk about it? I'm sure you'll end up with something a lot more personal and unique than a bit of tribal.
Eragon452
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fatal)

I actually really really like it. I'd say upper back, like shoulderish, on one side, or lower back on one side would look good.
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Sorry, but that looks bugger all like a tiger to me...so I vote don't get it. I hate flash, I hate tribal. Take a look through this thread..if you still want it, fair enough, but I will never understand why people still want basic flash after seeing what can be done by a good artist. I don't really mean to offend you or anything, there are just a million and one nicer designs you could think of, I'm sure. Why not make a list of things that remind you of your aunt and take them into an artist and have a talk about it? I'm sure you'll end up with something a lot more personal and unique than a bit of tribal.
Exactly what I was thinking

But if you want to ahead with it, have you got any tats already? and have you got any ideas where you could get it?
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loz_fairy)
Exactly what I was thinking

But if you want to ahead with it, have you got any tats already? and have you got any ideas where you could get it?

Kate - that thread would be very helpful if I needed a massive colorful tattoo. But circumstances such as medical school requires me to choose something small and easily hid.

I don't have any tatts yet, I'm just brainstorming atm. A lot of my mates have tattoos so they are helping me choose something that will suit me x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (4)
44.44%
No - I got the required grades (4)
44.44%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads