Bod Mod Society Watch

K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm on 2mm at the moment, with the next two sizes already ordered... Whoo, stretching club
FoxboroHotTubs:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by justin_s)
My tongue is 10mm, and my septum is 5mm
Awesome Would like to see your tongue!
I'm thinking of getting my septum done but the youtube vid's have slightly put me off, so many watery eyes and tears! haha
jovana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loz_fairy)
Me three! I've just bought a 4mm and a 5mm...can't wait to put them in

my left is at 2.4 and my right is at 3 how about you guys?
my ears are just shy of 1 1/2 inches (i think thats about 38mm)

my septum is 1/2 inch...i think thats about 13mm

i never wear jewelry in my flats or conches...they don't close up and are still big but are shrunk a wee bit. but i had them punched out and they are 10mm (flats) and 5mm (conches) when i actually put something in them. right now they look a bit smaller though....probably 8 and 3mm....but i had them punched so they will go back no problem when i stop being lazy and get some jewelry.

(Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
Awesome Would like to see your tongue!
I'm thinking of getting my septum done but the youtube vid's have slightly put me off, so many watery eyes and tears! haha
its a compltely natural reaction...it has nothing to do with pain. actually, if done problerly the septum is one of the easiest and most painless of body piercings, however tough it looks. if you grab in front of your cartilidge inside your nose you will find the "sweet spot" which is a very thin bit of tissue. its very thin and not at all painful to do at all, also very quickly healing since its a more moist area. the septum looks more badass and though, but a simple girly nostril piercing through cartilidge is actually more painful and difficult to heal.
red.ninja13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jovana)
most likely microdermals. i suggest looking online at bme at photos, experiences, etc...go to their encycolpedia and read up on microdermals.

they are much more popular. they are a very popular and easy option. its an incredibly simple procedure done with just a needle. the microdermal is small, the procedure is almost painless, and its very easy to heal. also, if you ever want to take it out it comes out easily.

a transdermal is a permanant surgical procedure. i have 3 and wouldn't reccomend them to anyone. its hellish. a microdermal is the way to go. don't even think about transdermals unless you want something permanant. i don't even know if they are really done all that aften anymore because the trend has gone toward microdermals.

there are plenty of artists in the uk who do them, you can look this up on bme as well. if you have trouble finding a place close to you let me know and i will get you in contact.
Microdermals it is then I was looking on BME, but i was getting confused with them both, thank you
red.ninja13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by quadruple_twist)
Ok so I am thinking of getting one of my nipples pierced. I've never had anything done before and don't particularly want anything on the face/below the waist, and I'm not a fan of navel piercings, so it seems like a good choice!

However I've got a few questions:

1. I know it's meant to be one of the most painful male piercings, but is it really bad? Am I going to vomit from pain? My friend passed out when he got his done but he's a bit of a wuss (his rejected in the end)
2. Roughly how much does it cost?
3. One or both?
4. Barbell or ring?
5. Are appointments necessary or can you just walk in and get it done then and there (if it isn't busy)?

Appreciate all advice but would like a few male opinions
Sorry for the late reply, but i thought i would give you a second opinion :P

1. I didn't vomit from pain, but i do remember it being the most painful piercing, it helps i you breathe out when the needle goes in. Mine hurt for two days, but that was because i got it caught and knocked.
2. 1 nipple is about £25/30 where i come from... down south
3. Totally your choice, i think you harcore if you get them both, however its my opinion guys look better with one.
4. Get it done with a barbell, but change to a ring after
5. No appt necessary.....usually...unless they're very busy

Hope I'm not too late!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its a compltely natural reaction...it has nothing to do with pain. actually, if done problerly the septum is one of the easiest and most painless of body piercings, however tough it looks. if you grab in front of your cartilidge inside your nose you will find the "sweet spot" which is a very thin bit of tissue. its very thin and not at all painful to do at all, also very quickly healing since its a more moist area. the septum looks more badass and though, but a simple girly nostril piercing through cartilidge is actually more painful and difficult to heal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I quoted that right I'm new to this!
I suppose you're right, it certainly feels a lot thinner. Might just have to go for it. My boyfriend doesn't like the idea but I guess I could just flip it up when he is around
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping to get a tattoo for my 18th too
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ have you got a design yet, or is it still too early?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My middle lobe piercing is really angry for some unknown reason, so I've decided to downsize it to 5mm for a bit

Actually, I've now gone back to 4mm coz my 5mm plugs looked silly.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm thinking about another helix piercing, arrggh!
Bella_trixxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was my 18th birthday on Saturday, and to celebrate I just got my first tattoo! It's the best thing I've ever done, lol.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bella_trixxx)
It was my 18th birthday on Saturday, and to celebrate I just got my first tattoo! It's the best thing I've ever done, lol.
Pic?
jointhedots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My conch STILL aches when I sleep on it. 9 months on.

God...I haven't had anything pierced for 9 months :no:
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Yeah, I can't even remember the last time I got something pierced... probably last Summer :/ But I'm glad in a way, as I just know a new piercing would have got horribly infected at the festivals I was at *shudder*
Anyways, I'm going to get a labret in the next couple of weeks - anyone here got one? If so, any advice?
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no need for advice, its one of the easiest piercings to get / heal. the only advice is just basic sense - see a reputable artist and take care of it properly.
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oo and make sure you have some spare jewellery/balls the day you do it. Mine fell out on the first night...not cool
K.T.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Ooh, good idea *runs away to piercedandmodified*
Thanks for the advice both of you
quadruple_twist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My appointment is booked for tomorrow at 2pm (and I've paid a non-refundable £10 deposit to make sure I go). I've decided on a normal barbell in my right nipple, and my calming down plan involves smoking about eight thousand cigarettes beforehand :|

Wish me luck!
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
good luck! but don't do it! i mean..get the right one, and then get the left one. don't do just one. its not pretty.
quadruple_twist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to see pain-wise and aesthetics-wise and decide whether to get the other one in a couple of weeks. I think one looks ok :|
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise