Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats_my_poison)
    so it makes no difference whether i choose a labret stud or barbell, it's basically just a vanity thing
    it is mostly about what you prefer the look of....there is an advantage in having a flat back n that it sits closer / flush to the hole and is less likely to get caught on things or to get bumped. the disadvantage is that its easier to get hair wrapped around up under it. but i think overall its just about what you like more. and flat backs do offer you prettier options i think...i have a gorgeous opal flatbacks that were on my microdermals. you can get faux (or real) diamonds, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats_my_poison)
    so it makes no difference whether i choose a labret stud or barbell, it's basically just a vanity thing
    it is mostly about what you prefer the look of....there is an advantage in having a flat back n that it sits closer / flush to the hole and is less likely to get caught on things or to get bumped. the disadvantage is that its easier to get hair wrapped around up under it. but i think overall its just about what you like more. and flat backs do offer you prettier options i think...i have a gorgeous opal flatbacks that were on my microdermals. you can get faux (or real) diamonds, etc...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I can't wear a labret stud in my helix piercing because it really hurts, but it's fine with a barbell.

I've never found anyone with the same problem, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Do the clear balls look better then? I've just bought a retainer, & I don't mind the look of it (I don't plan to be wearing it often :p:), although I can see what you mean about it looking like a spot/wart.
    retainer *thumbs down*

clear balls are much better, i think i got a load of ebay! i tend to be ok just leaving the labret stud in with no ball when i need to, i have only lost 1 in the 2 years i have been going ''ball less'' but otherwise, its clear balls all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    So... how's the stretching going everyone? I remember there were a couple of us kicking around - I've just put in my 4mm flesh tunnel, which is cool as I can finally see through the stretch I've already got the 5mm stuff ordered, but obvs won't be going up a size for another month or two... still, it's looking good.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, can I join this?
    Ears at 8mm (0g) Think I'm staying here for now, although I'd LOVE to go bigger.
    Several other piercings including nose, Navel, Conch, Helix and loads of random lobe piercings :P
    No tattoo's yet, want to be sure of the design before I get it!

ReputationRep:
    oh cute...you all have such tiny little piercings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovana)
    Well, yeah, I only started like, a month ago :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovana)
    ahh i bet you remember the excitement when you first got big enough to see through the hole.

i was wondering if anyone had any stretching gear that they've grown out of? does anyone have 2, 0 and 00 gear that they dont need anymore and would be willing to sell cheap? im trying to get it cheaper than the body art forms poor persons stretching kit ($5 a gauge)

also has anyone used that kit? ive never used tapers before (have dead stretched for ages). is it any good?

finally, onece youve got the plugs in, when can you change them (same gauge, different design)

cheers :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbee)
    ahh i bet you remember the excitement when you first got big enough to see through the hole.

i was wondering if anyone had any stretching gear that they've grown out of? does anyone have 2, 0 and 00 gear that they dont need anymore and would be willing to sell cheap? im trying to get it cheaper than the body art forms poor persons stretching kit ($5 a gauge)
    Don't use jewellery/stretching stuff that anyone else has used :no:

ReputationRep:
    why not? i'll give em a good clean. i guess it depends on what theyre made of?

ReputationRep:
    also im getting an orbital piercing next week. any one got any tips? do you get two separate piercings or together in one go? i've just moved cities so itll be the first piercing i get at this studio ([ab]normal in bath - anyone used them before?) and i'm not sure which way they do it. i went in to get some jewellry and the guy was shocked that my industrial was done as two separate bars - i thought that was the best way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    why not? i'll give em a good clean. i guess it depends on what theyre made of?
    It's extremely unhygienic Only an autoclave would clean it properly; you could probably get a piercer to put a piece of jewellery into theirs. Putting jewellery into boiling hot water does not sterillise it, and neither does alcohol wipes. :no:

ReputationRep:
    also im getting an orbital piercing next week. any one got any tips? do you get two separate piercings or together in one go? i've just moved cities so itll be the first piercing i get at this studio ([ab]normal in bath - anyone used them before?) and i'm not sure which way they do it. i went in to get some jewellry and the guy was shocked that my industrial was done as two separate bars - i thought that was the best way to do it.
    Getting an industrial done as two spearate piercings is nearly always bettter, purely because it takes less time to heal, there is less chance of rejection & migration & it won't make your ear particularly sore. I know people do have it done with one bar, but thats up to them i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    It's extremely unhygienic Only an autoclave would clean it properly; you could probably get a piercer to put a piece of jewellery into theirs. Putting jewellery into boiling hot water does not sterillise it, and neither does alcohol wipes. :no:
    hmm i work in a lab . . . maybe i could get them autoclaved with all the media and erlenmayer flasks ill ask the piercing bloke next week. thanks for the heads up.

ReputationRep:
    can you get piercings stretched to small sizes straight away?? [once i start thinking about getting piercings i cant stop!] i was thinking about getting small gauge (8/10) lobe piercings next to my other ones. also is it a bad idea to get them whilst stretching the others? thanks :-)

ReputationRep:
    how gorgeous are these!!

ReputationRep:
    can you get piercings stretched to small sizes straight away?? [once i start thinking about getting piercings i cant stop!] i was thinking about getting small gauge (8/10) lobe piercings next to my other ones. also is it a bad idea to get them whilst stretching the others? thanks :-)
    You mean you want to get your lobes pierced for a second time, and then stretch them?

You'll have to wait at least 5 or 6 months before you can (safely) stretch them IMO, but i have known people do it earlier. :dontknow: And stretching 2 next to each other is fine.

Edit: I get what you mean now, ok. :p: Ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend me a good ear piercer in Leeds?

Im at leeds uni now and want my ear lobe pierced, ideally with just a stud that I can change easily when its healed.

Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can get a piercing done at a larger gauge than normal. So you'd get yours pierced immediately at the size you wanted. 8g or 10g would be fine as initial sizes.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.